A few days later, my report on the 2013 Signing Class

Advertisement
I absolutely love Coley, AQM, Carter, Burns, Dobard & Sandland. Hoping that Olsen is what he's been hyped up to be.

Devonte Bond and Gus Edwards will turn out to be genius pulls by Golden. I think they will be studs. Bonds athleticism and first step are eye opening. Gus has great feet to go with great size and strength. I wouldn't be shocked to see Edwards stay at tailback and rotate with Duke being our version of Tj. Yeldon or Todd Gurley.

Kamalu & Odogwu are actually pretty good reaches. Good gambles because of their size and athleticism and ability to develop.

The rest of the class is meh. Knighton is a reach, Grace is the small thin LB we've been trying to get away from, Gall is unathletic and Lewis was only recruited because of daddy.

Golden still does not get a pass for not hitting on a stud DT or NT type interior lineman again. The loss of Bryant and Bostwick were major fails and worse is the fact that we weren't even in the conversation for anyone other than those two with such a clear need.

Interior line is the only position on the team where we lack a difference maker.

I absolutely love Coley, AQM, Carter, Burns, Dobard & Sandland. Hoping that Olsen is what he's been hyped up to be.

Devonte Bond and Gus Edwards will turn out to be genius pulls by Golden. I think they will be studs. Bonds athleticism and first step are eye opening. Gus has great feet to go with great size and strength. I wouldn't be shocked to see Edwards stay at tailback and rotate with Duke being our version of Tj. Yeldon or Todd Gurley.

Kamalu & Odogwu are actually pretty good reaches. Good gambles because of their size and athleticism and ability to develop.

The rest of the class is meh. Knighton is a reach, Grace is the small thin LB we've been trying to get away from, Gall is unathletic and Lewis was only recruited because of daddy.

Golden still does not get a pass for not hitting on a stud DT or NT type interior lineman again. The loss of Bryant and Bostwick were major fails and worse is the fact that we weren't even in the conversation for anyone other than those two with such a clear need.

Interior line is the only position on the team where we lack a difference maker.

Grace in gonna be a baller here! You clearly didnt see the SemperFi game

Nice writeup. You think Olsen has a strong arm?

I do. Working with him the past 2 years, he had made some great throw on deep outs (granted this is in a camp setting). It's not Stephen Morris strong but still pretty nice.
Does he purposely take something off the ball in the game?

I guess you missed the part when I said live camp setting but ok.

What? It was a genuine question. I wasn't trying to be sarcastic.

Advertisement
I apologize. I have no idea. I'm going strictly off a camp evaluation. I honestly haven't watched any film on anyone really.

I just remember going into his jr year and the first AG camp they pulled him and Brandon Holifield off to the side and were throwing. Ad the zip that we has a putting on deep comebacks was nice. Fisch was even impressed.

I apologize. I have no idea. I'm going strictly off a camp evaluation. I honestly haven't watched any film on anyone really.

I just remember going into his jr year and the first AG camp they pulled him and Brandon Holifield off to the side and were throwing. Ad the zip that we has a putting on deep comebacks was nice. Fisch was even impressed.

Some QBs literally "try" to throw a catchable ball. I was wondering if that was the case with him. In some of the game action I've watched of him, he let DBs make up ground on open WRs. Of course, maybe he just wasn't accustomed to the speed of the All-star game. I don't know. It's too small of a sample, so I'm asking those of you who have more experience with him.

So what? He was nice. I just don't think he has that much room to grow. I don't think he is a better prospect than Perryman or Kirby.

Advertisement
I also worried about his arm strength in All-star game.

Some QBs literally "try" to throw a catchable ball. I was wondering if that was the case with him. In some of the game action I've watched of him, he let DBs make up ground on open WRs. Of course, maybe he just wasn't accustomed to the speed of the All-star game. I don't know. It's too small of a sample, so I'm asking those of you who have more experience with him.

So what? He was nice. I just don't think he has that much room to grow. I don't think he is a better prospect than Perryman or Kirby.

I'm curious what aspects of Grace's game or physical attributes tell you he's hit his ceiling?

@OP - Disagree that Grace is undersized. How big is a HS SR at WILL supposed to be? He is bigger than Spence was at this point and way better in pass coverage.

@MicoJones - Grace is rail thin? Lulz. Gall is unathletic? I dont want an athlete at C/OG, I want a road grading mauler. That is Gall.

Advertisement

I'm curious what aspects of Grace's game or physical attributes tell you he's hit his ceiling?

He's small yet he's not as compactly built as Perryman. He reminds me of this guy who was a pretty good high school LB himself.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Tyrone-Cornelius-86290

Advertisement

He's small yet he's not as compactly built as Perryman. He reminds me of this guy who was a pretty good high school LB himself.

Grace is already in the 205+ range. Cornelius wasn't at that range until after a redshirt. Grace will be somewhere like 220 after his first year here. More than that, they aren't comparable players in the field. Grace is more natural and simply better in coverage than Cornelius is right now.

I guess we shall see.

Grace is pushing 6'2. His lack of a compact build says more of his room for growth, not a bad thing. He'll be 230-235 by 2014

Grace is the EXACT same size that Perryman was when he walked on campus

He's nto as compactly built as Perryman and he's definitely not as good a prospect as perryman. So thanks for supporting my assumption.

What? Definitely? Based on what?

I think Grace is a better long-term prospect than Perryman. I don't know if he'll make the same immediate impact because the circumstances are different.

Mostly, I'm trying to understand the rationale behind your predictions/absolutes.

Grace is already in the 205+ range. Cornelius wasn't at that range until after a redshirt. Grace will be somewhere like 220 after his first year here. More than that, they aren't comparable players in the field. Grace is more natural and simply better in coverage than Cornelius is right now.

I guess we shall see.

I said he reminded me of him. Not that he was an equal prospect to him. Grace is a better player but I think you and others here overstate him. Grace will max out at 225. IMO your view of his frame and growth potential is optimistic.

Advertisement
Back