A calm discussion on CB targets (fvck your Rumph feelings)

@RVACane Can we keep this thread?

I can't stand the low effort "fire Rumph" posts and I like OPs idea to engage in actual CB conversation.
Yeah, I’m going to go back and delete the fighting and even my posts. That’s the problem here. I tried to warn him offline about this stuff last week.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El I know you've listed lists of CB coaches you like, but just curious what your opinion is on DVD as a potential UM CB coach? If not, what do you see as his next step in his career.
If I can just jump in... it’s been a while but I think he’s said that he’d like to see him get a chance as opposed to sticking with Rumph. Kids like DVD and he’s a strong recruiter.

Any db from Florida that wants to go to FSU given the amount of db’s they’ve wasted is just a **** of a head scratcher. Dent was the number one db in his clas at one point and the only thing that has made an appearance are his dreads and even those are gone now.

I think were underestimating the amount of dislike towards our program from these Florida kids.
Even during Golden we wouldn’t land a dude like cooper. But FSU is getting gang raped by everybody and a dude that talented rather go there than come here.

If any db on Florida is still waiting to get a commitable sec offer than just go oos already and stop wasting even more time.

Brah i am CRYINGGGGGGG @pacusmc

@Liberty City El I know you've listed lists of CB coaches you like, but just curious what your opinion is on DVD as a potential UM CB coach? If not, what do you see as his next step in his career.

DVD IS IN THE POSITION HE NEEDS TO BE . HE'S LEARNING THE TOOLLS OF THE TRADE. HE IS/WILL BE A SOLID RECRUITER. ESSENTIALLY ITS THE JOB THEY SHOULD OF GAVE RUMPH WHEN HE FIRST CAME ON BOARD.

We will have options down the road as well as Brandon Harris is up at FSU as a GA...and coaching is in his blood.

Advertisement
DVD IS IN THE POSITION HE NEEDS TO BE . HE'S LEARNING THE TOOLLS OF THE TRADE. HE IS/WILL BE A SOLID RECRUITER. ESSENTIALLY ITS THE JOB THEY SHOULD OF GAVE RUMPH WHEN HE FIRST CAME ON BOARD.

We will have options down the road as well as Brandon Harris is up at FSU as a GA...and coaching is in his blood.
Dvd could be a good cb coach down the line.a coach i wouldn't mind will be roland Smith i wonder why um hasn't hire him in any role his more than qualified multiple state championships,um alumn etc.

Derrick Edwards transferred to Space Coast High I believe? I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Knowles should be our first call.

Advertisement

So we're all good with the Harris family? Good to hear, I'm an alum, I don't want any bad blood in the family. Bring Roland Smith home too.

@pacusmc them wide receivers beat the dreads off that boy
1605110593979.jpeg

If we call a spade a spade Manny is the problem. Rumph is the scapegoat. Both need to be fired. You drop Burns a dawg why? Because like I said before Manny Diaz doesn't care about CBs. He's not trying to win here. You play Burns at the Nickle, Couch in Ivey spot, and Blades on the other. That's South Florida. Manny is out of touch with reality. Having Fierson at Striker tells us that when clearly he's a Safety/Boundary Corner. Manny is delusional... If this was Randy Shannon you would ask for him to be fired by now. But the race is different the tone from fans is different.

If we call a spade a spade Manny is the problem. Rumph is the scapegoat. Both need to be fired. You drop Burns a dawg why? Because like I said before Manny Diaz doesn't care about CBs. He's not trying to win here. You play Burns at the Nickle, Couch in Ivey spot, and Blades on the other. That's South Florida. Manny is out of touch with reality. Having Fierson at Striker tells us that when clearly he's a Safety/Boundary Corner. Manny is delusional... If this was Randy Shannon you would ask for him to be fired by now. But the race is different the tone from fans is different.
LOL........

Advertisement
The past few years Rumph does his Crutin during the two signing day periods. This year with covid there should be in theory a lot more late risers with updated film that have shown they can be P5 starters that were unable to hit the camp circuit.

At least I hope so

Advertisement
Philip Riley is from Washington, he only moved to Florida 2 years ago.

He was originally committed to Notre Dame but then flipped to USC because Donte Williams is a fantastic recruiter.

A lot of your summations are based on where the players are from, but recruiting is about selling, whether it's playing time, development in ability to get to the next level, or just flat showing great interest in a prospect, but region doesn't matter much to kids in today's era of the game. They'll go play in Alaska if they think it's what's best for them & how they come to that conclusion is based on what they're being sold by whoever's recruiting them.

The majority of Florida CB's excel at other programs outside of the state, so region is not as much of a factor as people would like to believe. At the end of the day, it simply comes down to what can we sell vs how well of job we do selling it.

As far as CB's listed, Brown & Covington are the only ones we have a realistic shot with, Arnold is the one they want they most but he's going to either UF, UGA or Bama.

I'm pretty sure Riley is from Florida. I believe his dad ran track at fsu and played football in the 90s and hes from Orlando. They could've been in Washington for a bit but that's because rhe step-dad was in the military. It could be a coincidence that he has the same name as the former receiver but I think they're related which is why fsu was so high on his list at one point

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Riley is from Florida. I believe his dad ran track at fsu and played football in the 90s and hes from Orlando. They could've been in Washington for a bit but that's because rhe step-dad was in the military. It could be a coincidence that he has the same name as the former receiver but I think they're related which is why fsu was so high on his list at one point
He's not from FL he's from Tacoma Washington, he went to Lakes HS in Lakewood WA & played little league ball in WA.

He's not related to FSU's Phillip Riley it's just coincidental. FSU's Phillip Riley is down in Georgia now, this kid just moved to FL last year.

He originally committed to Notre Dame, then flipped to USC & then flipped again & committed back to ND a month ago.

Possible flips

Jason Marshall - not starting a separate thread on the kid, but I'm a "never give up" type. Probably only happens if the Gaytor check bounces.

Jordan Young - only reason he's on the list is because he is from FL, but not expecting this to happen. Would be nice if there was an Oladokun package deal.

Philip Riley - from Florida, but going to Southern Cal? If ever there was a Covid miracle, this could be it. Plus, Ceyair Wright is CB'd to USC. And Prophet Brown. This reminds me of Raising Arizona, when Nathan Arizona has got more than he can handle. "We thought it was unfair some shouId have so many whiIe others shouId have so few." Why must Mike Rumph be a rocky place where our CB seed can find no purchase?

Duce Chestnut - lots of old threads on this kid, would be nice, Cuse is a mess.

Charles Brantley - see, generally, Philip Riley above. Kid from Venice going to Michigan State dumpster fire?

Larry Smith - ordinarily, I'd say "ditto", but Indiana actually looks good for once.

Ricardo Hallman - similar, but insert "Wisconsin" where typed "Indiana" and change "once" to "usual". But, again, Covid miracles do happen.

Tyler Gaskin - (in my Allen Iverson voice) Navy? Navy?

Ja'Den McBurrows - Kid from Plantation going to Michigan? Can we pray for a cold winter?

Omarion Cooper - F$U. See, generally, Terrion Arnold below.

Damarius McGhee - only on the list because "Florida", but I doubt we pull a kid from Pensacola. I could see him dumping Tennessee, but staying within 4 hours of home.

Khalil Anderson - Atlanta kid, Pitt commit, Michigan State Crystal Ball? I am so confused.

Jordan Blackmon - Seems like we could win this battle if we actually tried. Not sure we are trying.

Malik Williams - Maybe the GA kids can learn from the FL kids, that Nebraska is no great prize. But, again, not sure we are trying.

Omar Burroughs - (in my Allen Iverson voice) Kansas? Kansas? (and, yeah, that sounds a lot closer to Practice? Practice?)

Kevin Knowles - F$U. See, generally, Terrion Arnold below.

Davion Sistrunk - if we can't pull a Melbourne player from Mizzou, what good are we?

Rance Conner - Booker T kid going to Loserville?

Daniel Edwards - Why would a Winter Park kid go to Illinois?

Noah Biglow - Armwood kid going to Pitt, would love to get feedback from Tee.

Derrick Edwards - Palmetto. Might not cost $250K.

Undecideds

Terrion Arnold - F$U is a dumpster fire, but he's from Tally and it seems like he wants SEC-SEC-SEC.

Markevious Brown - He can't possibly want VaTech or Arkansas or Ole Miss, can he? If Miami wins again this week and we don't have him, we need to write this kid off as an academic risk.

Marlen Sewell - a CB from Alabama is CB'd to Texas Tech? Shades of Christian Williams? Who knows.

Jordan Oladokun - I want this kid to be a part of our class, Tee vouches for him, and it seems like a possibility if Miami coaches remove heads from rectums.

Brylan Lanier - he's from Alabama, but we beat UAB. He seems tall enough to make Rumph/Diaz happy.

Da'Quan Gonzales - Does anyone have any solid info on this kid?

Darkhorses

Marvin Covington - but from TX

this has more strikeouts than Rob Deer blindfolded at the plate, geez

Advertisement
Back