A Average QB and We Are 7-0

Advertisement
His play calling hasn't been greet but if Kaaya makes the throws he should we are 7 and 0 . He cost us the fsu game

Not so much the FSU game we were vanilla as ****, i blame kaaya for UNC he left 3 TDs on the field that game

The interception in the end zone changed the game around . We scored on that drive my guess fsu would of quit

Still threw a TD at the end to tie the game, the drives before that were horribly called drives, still he did something at the end, didnt do that against UNC was missing guys all game, even with some crappy play calls we still should have blown them out if kaaya connected with those TDs thats on him
If he starts fcking up vs nd time to pull him

I agree

An average play caller and we'd be in the top 7 right now

His play calling hasn't been greet but if Kaaya makes the throws he should we are 7 and 0 . He cost us the fsu game

Hasn't been great? It's been the worst play calling we've seen around these parts since the legendary Pat Nix coordinating his last game on campus.

He's beyond bad at calling plays. He's inept. If he doesn't wake up and delegate those duties his tenure here isn't going to be as long as we all hoped it would be.

Advertisement
Even with this OL, middle tier RBs, and underperforming recievers.

Average QB who isnt a incurable loser against equal or better competition.

Francios from FSU, a non QB, and we are 7-0. Dukes QB, Pitts, UNCs, ****, anyone else.

Lets face it, even with the disadvantages of our offensive players, Kaaya's play has been the decisive factor. The opponents gameplan around him, and he sets and maintains the tone. We cant run, we cant do anything but a super conservative, ineffective offense, because of his play.

While we rebuild an offense from scratch, we need a QB. Cannot go into 2017 with him. Clown teams win the Coastal every year, and we could and should even during a 2-3 year rebuild of our OL, etc.

Just had to say it.

With this OL? As Rick would say "Jesus could be QB under center and we would still sweat out a ND OT victory!"

Gotta agree

Disagree, the whole offense is a weakness. I dont know what a competent OC would do to hide the weakness. You got a crap OL with 2 Guards playing Tackle. OL cant push anyone around, cant setup the run. So we cant setup any play action. Then you have to have Kaaya in shotgun, but hes below average and immobile, then when things do go right, the WR's drop 20% of their passes thrown to them. Id give CMR another year to call plays, main thing is we need a decent qb coach next year

A lot of people around here have a pretty funny understanding of the "average" college QB. Agree with above poster. O-Line ain't good. Receivers got the 'itis. Richt needs to ramp up his play calling quick.

A lot of people around here have a pretty funny understanding of the "average" college QB. Agree with above poster. O-Line ain't good. Receivers got the 'itis. Richt needs to ramp up his play calling quick.

Too bad he can only call a few basic plays with this offense

Advertisement

Gotta agree

Disagree, the whole offense is a weakness. I dont know what a competent OC would do to hide the weakness. You got a crap OL with 2 Guards playing Tackle. OL cant push anyone around, cant setup the run. So we cant setup any play action. Then you have to have Kaaya in shotgun, but hes below average and immobile, then when things do go right, the WR's drop 20% of their passes thrown to them. Id give CMR another year to call plays, main thing is we need a decent qb coach next year

Couldn't disagree more....all those things you're citing are symptoms. The disease is the play calling which consistently puts us in disadvantageous down and distances. I know it seems like a small thing but it's the game within the game. When you're constantly in 3rd and long because of running conservative plays into a loaded box and then everyone KNOWS you're going to pass on 3rd down...it makes life a lot harder than it should be on the QB and the O-line.

Everything looks worse from a year ago with pretty much the same personnel...and we all agreed Coley was garbage.

This is the worst play calling we've had since the legendary Pat Nix. Period.

When you're constantly in 3rd and long because of running conservative plays into a loaded box and then everyone KNOWS you're going to pass on 3rd down...it makes life a lot harder than it should be on the QB and the O-line.

Virginia Tech game: 3rd and longs and how we got there

3rd and 18 by way of - Run, Pass (sack)
3rd and 7 by way of - Pass, Pass (sack)
3rd and 7 by way of - Pass, Run
3rd and 18 by way of - Run, Run
3rd and 14 by way of - Pass, Pass (sack)
3rd and 6 by way of - Pass, Pass
3rd and 10 by way of - Run, Pass
3rd and 19 by way of - Pass (sack), Pass
3rd and 14 by way of - Run, Penalty, Pass
3rd and 15 by way of - Pass, Pass (sack)

I don't mind the play call discussions, but what you described above happened exactly one time in that game. We tried literally every combination on the first two downs, least of which was "Run, Run".

Of the 20 plays that led to 3rd and long, 14 were passing plays.

Gotta agree

Couldn't disagree more....all those things you're citing are symptoms. The disease is the play calling which consistently puts us in disadvantageous down and distances. I know it seems like a small thing but it's the game within the game. When you're constantly in 3rd and long because of running conservative plays into a loaded box and then everyone KNOWS you're going to pass on 3rd down...it makes life a lot harder than it should be on the QB and the O-line.

Everything looks worse from a year ago with pretty much the same personnel...and we all agreed Coley was garbage.

Try calling anything more than a basic play when not one thing on offense is working right.

Advertisement

Gotta agree

Try calling anything more than a basic play when not one thing on offense is working right.

The playcalling against fsu woulda produced a TD by Walton had no hold been called, and against UNC, playcalling was ok enough to produce atleast 2 TD's had kaaya been able to complete a pass to Richards or Njoku

Gotta agree

The playcalling against fsu woulda produced a TD by Walton had no hold been called, and against UNC, playcalling was ok enough to produce atleast 2 TD's had kaaya been able to complete a pass to Richards or Njoku

assuming theyd have caught it

Advertisement

this. i've seen too many "we're running up the gut into a stuffed box" to blame kaaya for our woes. He's missed some throws, but all QBs do, and that's not even mentioning our Oline.

Gotta agree

The ironic thing is those of us calling for Richt to give up play calling duties are asking for basic things that make sense.

Slants
Digs
Drags
Rub routes in general

In short, quick hitting 3 step drop routes that attack the short to intermediate MIDDLE of the field. I went back and counted and we've run 5 "simple" slant routes ALL SEASON. Four resulted in first downs and the fifth drew a pass interference. Teams know we want to run the ball which makes it even worse because the routes I'm mentioning above are open ALL DAY cause they're loading the box to stop the run.

What makes all of this even worse is that Richt spent all summer answering questions as to "what kind of offense he was going to run" by saying he was going to fit the scheme to the personnel. He's basically manged to do everything but that.

Words can't even express what a **** show he's been calling plays. Four verticals are called on the majority of our passing plays REGARDLESS of down and distance. Nothing attacks the middle of the field, and we keep insisting on running into loaded boxes.

He's a garbage play caller. If you don't see it by now you're never going to see it. We just gave away 3 games that we easily could have won because this offensive scheme is completely inept.

When you're constantly in 3rd and long because of running conservative plays into a loaded box and then everyone KNOWS you're going to pass on 3rd down...it makes life a lot harder than it should be on the QB and the O-line.

Virginia Tech game: 3rd and longs and how we got there

3rd and 18 by way of - Run, Pass (sack)
3rd and 7 by way of - Pass, Pass (sack)
3rd and 7 by way of - Pass, Run
3rd and 18 by way of - Run, Run
3rd and 14 by way of - Pass, Pass (sack)
3rd and 6 by way of - Pass, Pass
3rd and 10 by way of - Run, Pass
3rd and 19 by way of - Pass (sack), Pass
3rd and 14 by way of - Run, Penalty, Pass
3rd and 15 by way of - Pass, Pass (sack)

I don't mind the play call discussions, but what you described above happened exactly one time in that game. We tried literally every combination on the first two downs, least of which was "Run, Run".

Of the 20 plays that led to 3rd and long, 14 were passing plays.

Bro dont waste your time. You have one side that says its all play calling and another that says Brad is great (future 1st rounder) but the O line sucks.

Its like some of these guys have the Stockholm Syndrome

It all starts with the QB on offense. He is required to execute and establish a RHYTHM. Brad aint got no RHYTHM and the team feeds off of this negative vibe.

Advertisement
Back