A 2 loss OSU over a one loss Miami in the playoff?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hate to say it and I don't think it is the right call, but if we were to lose to Clemson and OSU finishes the season with strong efforts against Michigan and Wisconsin we would probably get the shaft.

If you give the committee a chance to ***** us, they will. Don't give them the chance.

If Ohio State wins out and Miami loses to Clemson, I think they're almost guaranteed to get in over us.

Like I said, we need Bama and Michigan to win out in order for us to get in to the CFP with 1 loss to Clemson.

Advertisement
If Ohio State wins out and Miami loses to Clemson, I think they're almost guaranteed to get in over us.

Like I said, we need Bama and Michigan to win out in order for us to get in to the CFP with 1 loss to Clemson.

This is unfortunate but I agree. I see a two loss OSU sneaking back in regardless of what we do.

This is why we need to beat UVA and Pitt convincingly. We need to cement the image we've created of a team peaking at the right time and getting better each game.

If we sleepwalk and throw out a dud or two, that's all the excuse anyone will need. But if we dominate, then it's pretty hard to deny us.

A two loss conference champion getting the nod over a 1 loss non-champion? Sounds like the opposite of what happened last year.

the team with wins over penn st, michigan st, michigan and wisconsin would get in over the team with wins over virginia tech and notre dame. it is what it is. we need to beat clemson.

Advertisement
A #2 ranking tonight by Hocutt's Crew of Misfits would probably go a long way in helping to prevent this. Not sure if I want to hold my breath on that though.

The idiocy of the committee is mindnumbing. If Miami loses to an average team like Virginia but beats Clemson, this would actually be better for our 1-loss playoff chances than losing a close one to Clemson. Like how the fu$$k does this make sense?

This is unfortunate but I agree. I see a two loss OSU sneaking back in regardless of what we do.

if tOSU wins out they will almost guaranteed get in, but they won't be taking our spot, unless we lose to Clemson. If we win out we're entering CFP at #1 or #2 . tOSU would be entering at #4 , and OU would be #3 if they win out.

Advertisement
The idiocy of the committee is mindnumbing. If Miami loses to an average team like Virginia but beats Clemson, this would actually be better for our 1-loss playoff chances than losing a close one to Clemson. Like how the fu$$k does this make sense?

Great wins are better than "good losses".

Its pretty simple. Beating Clemson and ND proves we're a great team. Losing to them but beating some scrub team proves nothing. Its always better to win the big games, but have a loss vs a team you shouldn't have lost to than just lose all the big games, but scrape **** teams.

The Committee is correct at looking at it this way. A ******* loss is a ******* loss, whether it was to Bama or GTech, its still a ******* loss. But a win bs Bama is MUCH better than a win vs GTech.

I imagine it in a way like this:

a loss to a bad team is worth $0.00
a loss to a good team is worth $0.30
a loss to a great team is worth $0.75
a win vs a bad team is worth $1.50
a win vs a good team is worth $3.00
a win vs a Great team is worth $5.00

and whoever has the most money at the end of the season is the best team. You can see how whether you lose to a bad team or a good team isn't nearly as important as winning vs a bad team to a great team

A two loss conference champion getting the nod over a 1 loss non-champion? Sounds like the opposite of what happened last year.

Not only that, but OSU lost in a blowout to an unranked Iowa team. That game only should disqualify them from the CFP.

If Bama wins out and Wisky loses to Ohio st we are 100% in the playoff if we lose a close game to clemson

Advertisement
Back