A “ SHINGLES” weekend OMG

I am 47 and am told I cannot get the vaccine until I am 50. I have not had this yet, but a lot of my friends have. How old were you guys when you got this? (Saw your post @buckit).

Advertisement
You can cure shingles within one week with natural remedies.
You should eat pineapples and mangoes every day which will break down the cell walls of the virus.
You should also be taking Blackseed oil which attacks the mother virus in the colon.
PULLING with fractionated (liquid) coconut oil at least twice a week for oral health.
Drink Sour Sop, Roots tonic and beet juice to fight infection and increase circulation.
For external use: make a tincture of colloidal silver, Teatree oil, Coconut oil and a small amount of lime juice.

These millenials just can't handle the pain!!! In my day we would just ignore it or maybe take a spoonful of honey before bed.

Rub some tussin on it.
Bro, last yr, no bull chit, I was at the job, right and kept saying to myself my undershirt is hella annoying me right now. Just real scratchy for no reason. As the day progressed, it went from scratchy to burning.

Next day, got hit w rashes and blisters. Diagnosed w shingles. I’m fairly young, so it caught me off guard. The Doctor said it’s no longer just older ones affected by it, but anyone who had chicken pox before.

I feel for you bro. I didn’t have a bad case of it, but just that mild case along made me neve want to experience it again when I get older, which my physician said it’s very likely.

“ I’m fairly young “?

Yeah.....so am I!!

In the 90's I knew someone who caught chicken pox in his late 30's from his daughter. He ended up on life support with critical organs shutting down. His doctor told his wife to prepare for the worse and to consider funeral arrangements. He miraculously survived but had considerable health/physical problems afterwards.

Jesus

Advertisement
Came down with shingles right after I got home from our last away football game Louisville. Valtrex cured the outbreak, but I still have Neuropathy on my left side which runs from my *** down to my foot. Have tried Acupuncture, Massage, Exercise, Tens treatment and Chiropractic adjustments. Also used Gabapentin. Nothing really helped. Be careful using Gabapentin. You can have severe withdrawal symptoms if you use high dosages over an extended period of time.

Still don't know why they can't cure nerve damage. If they can reattach limbs and faces which seem to connect to the nervous system with no problems, why not neuropathy nerve damage. I can only guess there is not enough profit for them to do something.

Is this more or less painful than gout? I somehow got that when I was 17 and even the doctor couldn't believe it....that **** hurt

Advertisement
I've had 3 operations in the past 2 years, one knee and two on the same shoulder no way in **** I was wasting my Vicodin on pain. I want them when I feel good to make me feel even better. LMAO

I hear you. Like a sick day, never take it when you are sick. I am easily addicted so I treat pain meds with fear but I agree they are not to be wasted.

LOL old people.
Related image
Yeah...old people are so dumb and funny....

Is this more or less painful than gout? I somehow got that when I was 17 and even the doctor couldn't believe it....that **** hurt
When you get routine blood work see if they are doing uric acid. Might be standard part of blood panel.

Hard to diagnose as true gout unless doc aspirated joint and looked at crystals. I've had gout and pseudo-gout.

The shots may help, but a friend I know got the shot and still got shingles.
Go read some authoritative stuff, like CDC, Mayo Clinic or WebMD. These vaccinations only protect for a few years and not 100% effective. The new 2-shot regimen, Shingrix is said to offer better protection. Should get second shot 2-6 months after first for optimum protection.

I learned a lot from this thread last night. I spent considerable time reading up on the vaccines and had not realized I should go back in for Shingrix. Maybe reading thus thread and then doing s lot of research I realize I should go for the new vaccine. Maybe this thread has helped me avoid a lot of pain and suffering down the road.

Advertisement
You can cure shingles within one week with natural remedies.
You should eat pineapples and mangoes every day which will break down the cell walls of the virus.
You should also be taking Blackseed oil which attacks the mother virus in the colon.
PULLING with fractionated (liquid) coconut oil at least twice a week for oral health.
Drink Sour Sop, Roots tonic and beet juice to fight infection and increase circulation.
For external use: make a tincture of colloidal silver, Teatree oil, Coconut oil and a small amount of lime juice.

wow. very informative. what do you have for ringworm? i have tried OTC anti fungals, but might need to go to a doctor, which i am trying to avoid.

This thread is like a commercial for prevention.

If you’ve never had chickenpox, check with your physician whether it would be better for you to get the chickenpox vaccine, or the shingles vaccine, it depends on your age and other factors.

You should be able to get one or the other.

The two different shingles vaccines, are not 100%, but data shows that they do reduce the severity of the shingles if you do get it.

There’s just no reason to not get vaccinated against either chickenpox if you never had chicken pox, or shingles if you’ve had chickenpox.

No reason not to, other than supply obviously. If there’s a supply issue get on the waiting list.

I am shocked how many people here have had shingles. I only personally know of two people that have had it. And they both said it was a nightmare.

I hear you. Like a sick day, never take it when you are sick. I am easily addicted so I treat pain meds with fear but I agree they are not to be wasted.

Not a big drug taker myself, I still have most of them. Don't even drink, usually an aspirin is about as far as I go. I keep them in case of some emergency.

Advertisement
wow. very informative. what do you have for ringworm? i have tried OTC anti fungals, but might need to go to a doctor, which i am trying to avoid.
Tinea is one of the hardest fungi to get rid of (especially in nails); it’s not strong but it’s very smart.
A couple of things you can add to the steps above is food grade peroxide and grapefruit seed extract.
The thing with tinea is you have to be consistent for a long time.
If you can’t find 12% h2o2 you can make your own by freezing 3% peroxide,
Then draining off the liquid that doesn’t freeze, that’s the 12% food grade peroxide.
If you know some Jamaicans you can ask them how to use cerasee tea to detox the blood as well.

“Physician, heal thyself.”
Please do your own research, I am not a doctor just a seeker.
Never use full strength 12% peroxide and only use cerasee tea for a few days at a time.
Natural remedies never work like otc meds, it’s a gradual process.
You have to seek and find what works for you but natural remedies do work.

I would also recommend a product called prebiothrive by Dr Gundry.
This will restore your entire immune system by correcting the balance of microorganisms in your gut.
Life changing stuff, I lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks and I was already in shape.
Hope this helps.

Came down with shingles right after I got home from our last away football game Louisville. Valtrex cured the outbreak, but I still have Neuropathy on my left side which runs from my *** down to my foot. Have tried Acupuncture, Massage, Exercise, Tens treatment and Chiropractic adjustments. Also used Gabapentin. Nothing really helped. Be careful using Gabapentin. You can have severe withdrawal symptoms if you use high dosages over an extended period of time.

Still don't know why they can't cure nerve damage. If they can reattach limbs and faces which seem to connect to the nervous system with no problems, why not neuropathy nerve damage. I can only guess there is not enough profit for them to do something.

Nerve damage does scares me in all this , I'm on Neurontin (gabapentin) 300m and Valtrex 1000m (3) times a day taking at same time , doctor gave me way more gabapentin for nerve pain then Valtrex (10) days worth it looks like after Vatrex there maybe lingering pain geee whiz.

Oh my what a ride this is brothers last night rolled around never comfortable but did sleep some off and on , right now at HUGE DESK getting ready for a relax stress free day in electrical distribution with contractors and GC yelling screaming all day long constantly.

GOCANES

Nerve damage does scares me in all this , I'm on Neurontin (gabapentin) 300m and Valtrex 1000m (3) times a day taking at same time , doctor gave me way more gabapentin for nerve pain then Valtrex (10) days worth it looks like after Vatrex there maybe lingering pain geee whiz.

Oh my what a ride this is brothers last night rolled around never comfortable but did sleep some off and on , right now at HUGE DESK getting ready for a relax stress free day in electrical distribution with contractors and GC yelling screaming all day long constantly.

GOCANES
LOL Another day behind you, buddy! Man, I remember that rolling around in agony feeling way too well. :(

As you recover, discuss your very high stress and anxiety with a health care professionals. Let them know it is severe. This is a huge factor in your health and you can’t let it go. Take charge and LET THEM KNOW

BTW

Stress is one of the factors that can induce an outbreak of Shingles.

If you're prone to getting it...you should try to find better ways of dealing with stress....its good prevention

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back