A “ SHINGLES” weekend OMG

Advertisement
shingles virus exploded on my right side over weekend OMG the pain.

Have any of your ever experience this pain of fire at times over whelming.

Got my Valtrex and damaged nerve pain meds going they do help.

If I don’t reply, I’m laying down NO sleeping but trying.

GOCANES
Medical Marijuana. One of those strains could help possibly?

GOCANES
Feel for ya man. I’ve never had them, but I probably will at some point in life.

Advertisement
yup they’re awful...had them last fall all over the right side of my neck, chest and armpit. Get used to not sleeping for long stretches for a bit. Hang in there, you’ll get through it.

These millenials just can't handle the pain!!! In my day we would just ignore it or maybe take a spoonful of honey before bed.

Is honey code for morphine? I’m a boomer with high pain threshold but got a little string of the ******** back in 80’s and that crap hurt. My father-in-law was MD so he gave me a scrip for some pain pill. Halfway through the day I sent my wife to him with instructions to come back with something stronger or not come back. Dont know what he sent, but I was smiling all day for about a week.

Advertisement

GOCANES

Only pain I’ve ever felt that was worse was the heart attack I had 12 years ago. Good luck, I’ll pray for you.

GOCANES
My wife got it several years ago on the side of her face and scalp. Brother, I feel your pain cause I know how much pain she went through. With her there was a risk of it getting into her eye which causes blindness in some people.... luckily it didn't happen.
Every year when I get a physical my doctor strongly suggests that I get the vaccine... please talk me into it.

Is honey code for morphine? I’m a boomer with high pain threshold but got a little string of the ******** back in 80’s and that crap hurt. My father-in-law was MD so he gave me a scrip for some pain pill. Halfway through the day I sent my wife to him with instructions to come back with something stronger or not come back. Dont know what he sent, but I was smiling all day for about a week.
Is he still your father-in-law? Maybe I can barter with you some 5-star mangoes for some smile-all-day candy.

Advertisement
I keep asking about the vaccine and kept saying i wasn't old enough yet. Now the new vaccine, Shingrix, says over 50. I'm gonna find out what I can ASAP.

Thank you for the motivation, OP.

I literally just got over it a few weeks ago. Lasted from mid feb to just about 10 days ago...luckily I knew I had it early (healthcare professional) and took my Valtrex...gaba....and some oxy.....
Calamine lotion like 4 x daily to help with urge to scratch.
Basically put on some latex or nitrile gloves...pour it in your palm and spread all over.
Also stress is the worst thing for This. Try to not let things get to you or overly worry.
Luckily I got in on my left side flank and side area.
Stay strong!

My grandfather dealt with shingles was such a miserable expierence for him dealing with that. My thoughts are with you man stay strong man!!!

Advertisement

GOCANES
Yes, I had that 20 years ago in my sciatic nerve. I had some ‘discomfort’. My wife was an MD (anesthesiologist). She looked at me and gave me the Latin name, H. zoster. I had never heard of it, so she told me that it causes excruciating pain and there is no cure. To her, saying “no cure” is different than “no relief”, but I wasn’t aware of the distinction, so I actually started planning my suicide. Only the most painful cases get referred to anesthesiologists, so she had never seen an average case like mine. It was bad enough, but nothing to kill myself over. It turns out that a daily anti-viral pill eventually sent the virus into remission and my discomfort went away, so I cancelled my suicide.

If you’ve had chicken pox (99% ofthe population over 40), you should get a vaccine called Shingrix. Especially if you’re older, like 55 or 60.

If you’re younger than around 35, there’s a good chance you’ve had the chicken pox vaccine.

If you’re younger than around 35 and don’t think you've had the chicken pox vaccine, consider it.

NO ONE SHOULD BE GETTING SEVERE SHINGLES NOWADAYS.

Either get the adult shingles dead virus vaccine, or some form of chicken pox vaccine.

If you do get shingles it will be much less severe. And you will only get shingles if you’ve had chickenpox.

Don’t take my word for it and speak with your doctor. The attached mayo clinic article is very instructive.

LMAO! Nah I'm just breaking @GOCANES05 balls. lol. He knows Im a ball breaker lol. Im just throwing a jabs because usually in a thread like this he would be the one popping in with a response like I made.

Had them twice in my twenties. First time my spine was covered from my shoulder s to my tailbone. The second time I got them in my **** mouth. Gums were covered all my teeth felt loose, craziest, most painful crap I have ever seen. haven't had them since and I'm 50 now.

Advertisement
Back