A “ SHINGLES” weekend OMG

I hit my deductible already so like you i dont have co-pays fro the rest of the year. That said, it doesnt giarantee that it is covered. I recently paid $250 for something that wasn't covered even though I had already hit my deductible.

Of course.

Since vaccines aren’t something I normally get, since I think we’re all over 30 or 40 here anyway, it’s just a hard thing to predict unless you look at the fine print of your coverage statement, which of course I never do.

Also Jesus you hit your deductible and we’re in April? I hope you’re OK

Advertisement
Of course.

Since vaccines aren’t something I normally get, since I think we’re all over 30 or 40 here anyway, it’s just a hard thing to predict unless you look at the fine print of your coverage statement, which of course I never do.

Also Jesus you hit your deductible and we’re in April? I hope you’re OK
I knew you'd notice and say something. Yea, I'm ok. I had some expensive treatment and scripts that made it go fast. As a single my deductible is $2k. If I had my kids on my insurance, it would be $4k to hit my deductible.

I knew you'd notice and say something. Yea, I'm ok. I had some expensive treatment and scripts that made it go fast. As a single my deductible is $2k. If I had my kids on my insurance, it would be $4k to hit my deductible.

Penile enhancements are covered by your insurance?!? :p

Glad you are ok.

Get the vaccine or when you do experience a breakout you will never forgive yourself. The pain is always bad, but in some cases it is unbearable and can last for years.

Advertisement
My wife got it several years ago on the side of her face and scalp. Brother, I feel your pain cause I know how much pain she went through. With her there was a risk of it getting into her eye which causes blindness in some people.... luckily it didn't happen.
Every year when I get a physical my doctor strongly suggests that I get the vaccine... please talk me into it.

My Mom had it on the left side from the scalp halfway down her face into the eye to the cheek. They gave her pain meds but it was still horribly painful. Then to throw salt on the wound, medicare rejected her visits/treatment by the opthalmologist. She had cataract surgery with lens in this eye. I was administrator of a large medical practice & knew my way around Medicare. As this occurred in Jacksonville, I took her & the rejected EOB's down to the Medicare office & met with a rep who was horrified when she saw my Mom's face. It initially looked like alligator scales, then when those came off, she had white scarring. I told the rep to take care of this. reimburse my Mom & pay the Dr. within 5 days or I would go down the street to the Times Unions Newspaper and find a feature writer who would be interested in letting the public know about this. It was promptly taken care of. Thankfully, because of opthalmologist's treatment she did not go blind.

Many years later when the shingles vaccination became available, it was before Medicare approved payment, I had to pay $300. for the shot, but would have paid $3,000. after experiencing what my Mom went thru. I strongly suggest getting the vaccine.

Last edited:
My Mom had it on the left side from the scalp halfway down her face into the eye to the cheek. They gave her pain meds but it was still horribly painful. Then to throw salt on the wound, medicare rejected her visits/treatment by the opthalmologist. She had cataract surgery with lens in this eye. I was administrator of a large medical practice & knew my way around Medicare. As this occurred in Jacksonville, I took her & the rejected EOB's down to the Medicare office & met with a rep who was horrified when she saw my Mom's face. It initially looked like alligator scales, then when those came off, she had white scarring. I told the rep to take care of this. reimburse my Mom & pay the Dr. within 5 days or I would go down the street to the Times Unions Newspaper and find a feature writer who would be interested in letting the public know about this. It was promptly taken care of. Thankfully, because of opthalmologist's treatment she did not go blind.

Many years later when the shingles vaccination became available, it was before Medicare approved payment, I had to pay $300. for the shot, but would have paid $3,000. after experiencing what my Mom went thru. I strongly suggest getting the vaccine.
Thank you for taking the time to write about your mother's nightmare. I have no excuse my insurance pays for it.

Starting to scab , good sign but I feel nerve damage will linger for awhile.

Virus medication to end in couple days, but nerve pain medication I’m glad I have plenty left since nerve pain has lessened greatly but it let’s you know it can still nag you.

GOCANES

I would have curcumin as #1on my list for nerve pain treatment.

All Shingles episodes are painful. But, some are beyond description in terms of pain known as postherpetic neuralgia (long lasting Shingles-possibly years) and no matter the painkiller be it Dilaudid, Hydrocodone, Morphine tablets, et al. the pain will override those strong narcotics.

While most will experience Shingles for only 2 to 3 weeks (still very painful) for some it has robbed quality of life from them due to its long-term nature and has totally destroyed the lives of many. Nothing to ignore!

As I referenced in an above post, if you are of an age to do so...get the vaccine...NOW!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back