#94 on ND

Anyone have a clue why Kaaya handed the ball off here instead of hitting Herndon for an obvious gain? This isn't news but my goodness he shouldn't be allowed to make that call if he can't read the advantage we had.

In this version of the RPO Mark has BK counting DBs at pre-snap. If the D has a certain number of deep safeties then he hands off, otherwise he passes.

Problem is BK has no idea what he is doing and every read turns into a run. That's why we have all those stupid runs on third down.

Mark gets the blame for continually running this crap and Brad for not have enough sense by now to make the proper read.

It's all on D'Richt for stubbornly insisting on running that RPO **** with a guy who has proven repeatedly he can't do it well on close to a consistent basis. What D'Richt is doing is akin to asking a kid with Down Syndrome to do neurosurgery and then blaming him when he stuffs mashed potatoes in the patient's brain.

Advertisement

Anyone have a clue why Kaaya handed the ball off here instead of hitting Herndon for an obvious gain? This isn't news but my goodness he shouldn't be allowed to make that call if he can't read the advantage we had.

In this version of the RPO Mark has BK counting DBs at pre-snap. If the D has a certain number of deep safeties then he hands off, otherwise he passes.

Problem is BK has no idea what he is doing and every read turns into a run. That's why we have all those stupid runs on third down.

Mark gets the blame for continually running this crap and Brad for not have enough sense by now to make the proper read.

A good question to ask here would be:

Why the fvck is run even an option on 3rd and 13?
Excellent question.

If Linder didn't get his sh*t pushed in it would have been a big play. Look at the blockers in front of him before but... Linder again is 5 yards in the backfield before he can do anything. Terrible play by McDermott and Linder all game smfh. There was a numbers advantage to run it but obviously you can't account for Miami oline getting abused every play your run that. I personally would have thrown it considering the down and distance though

Last edited:

If Linder didn't get his sh*t pushed in it would have been a big play. Look at the blockers in front of him before but... Linder again is 5 yards in the backfield before he can do anything. Terrible play by McDermott and Linder all game smfh. There was a numbers advantage to run it but obviously you can't account for Miami oline getting abused every play your run that. I personally would have thrown it considering the down and distance though

Walton's vision would have led him straight in to the back of Darling for a minimal gain anyways.

94 was treating Linder and McDermott like they photoshopped him into their ghey photo shoot.

Advertisement

That's the best question actually. That's the major fail there.

You are correct. One positive in running wide to the short side of the field is that it's easier for each lineman to get a hat on somebody. Miami technically had the numbers in their favor and if Linder doesn't get shoved into the backfield, it would have popped for an easy first down. That said, I also agree that there shouldn't have been a run option on 3rd and 13. Even Georgia Tech throws the ball on third and long.

Advertisement

You are correct. One positive in running wide to the short side of the field is that it's easier for each lineman to get a hat on somebody. Miami technically had the numbers in their favor and if Linder doesn't get shoved into the backfield, it would have popped for an easy first down. That said, I also agree that there shouldn't have been a run option on 3rd and 13. Even Georgia Tech throws the ball on third and long.

Where do you see an easy first down on that 3rd and 13 run with Walton carrying the ball?

Advertisement

Excellent question.

It is a great question.

This RPO crap is so stupid on third and long. Even a decent run will probably come up short.

I just want to punch someone it is so infuriating.

Where do you see an easy first down on that 3rd and 13 run with Walton carrying the ball?

Let me rephrase. A running back with the slightest bit of instincts to find a running lane would have popped that for a first down if Linder does his job.

Let me rephrase. A running back with the slightest bit of instincts to find a running lane would have popped that for a first down if Linder does his job.

Marlon Mack from USf definitely would have... second best running back in the state by far...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back