#94 on ND

avicenna75

Freshman
We made him look like an All-American and a 1st round pick. The dude made himself a nice highlight reel. He manhandled the interior of our line.

Richt needs to scrap the stretch running plays where he requires the backside guard to reach block the nose tackle. Specifically, K.C. McDermott and Nick Linder are weak at the point of the attack and struggle mightily on 1-on-1 run blocking. Either have these guys pull or work together on double teams.

Advertisement
I'm not kidding those clips look like the OL is collectively trying to get Kaaya decapitated.

Advertisement
OP-You may be on to something with your comments on that first running play ! The old staff knew how much we really sucked and so had a better grasp of what plays worked and which did not.

The new staff ,well they meet after every game ,watch the film and just cant believe we actually suck that bad and so have been slow to make changes .

They are learning the hard way but hopefully will figure it out soon .

That looks so bad that, even after seeing these plays for a second time (first live), I can't believe it.

Can't be real life.

Cannot.

Be.

Real.

Advertisement
I'm beyond disappointed with our OL. But in particular, Kc McDoormat. What the **** is wrong with him?

Linder is the only one who should be happy with Kc, as his horrendous attempts at blocking mediocre DLinemen have completely overshadowed Linder's ***** *** performance this year.

I don't see how this OL can sleep at night. They ought to be physically sick with how they've performed the past 4 games.

Advertisement
Why is the OL statistically worse this year when all 5 of the starters have returned and 10 of 11 starters are back on offense?

What has changed?

Why is the OL statistically worse this year when all 5 of the starters have returned and 10 of 11 starters are back on offense?

What has changed?

I'm not sure we can say they are statistically worse from a running game standpoint. I believe the yards per carry versus Power 5 teams is basically the same compared to last year.

From a passing game standpoint, we tend to run long developing routes, especially out of the shotgun. Combine that with what appears to be lack of communication and talent at the OL, you have a recipe for disaster.

How do you not replace McDermott and Linder with Gall and Gauthier, or some other variation?

I don't care what they do, just try something/someone else.

Advertisement
I excused McDermott sucking last year cause he was coming back from a bad knee injury. Now I think he was just way overrated coming out of highschool.

I went to high school with him and his brother. his brother is a freshman on ND. #94 Jarron Jones is his name. he has all the talent in the world. he just has had injuries in his career. watch the highlights from the ND Florida state game a few years ago. he dominated. he'll be a NFL player.

Advertisement
Back