9 points

Advertisement
Good job, good effort....it was against a third string QB. Lets keep some perspective before we start believing all our defensive issue have been magicall resolved.

Other than Virginia with arguably our best three players out, the defense has made progress.

Advertisement
Good job, good effort....it was against a third string QB. Lets keep some perspective before we start believing all our defensive issue have been magicall resolved.

To be fair both their QB's were neck and neck and the starter was only announced right before game. From what I saw the third string was better than the second.

i think our D played pretty well all around.

most of the time, our d-line is the soggiest of the squad.

last week, the d-line played great but i wasn't too happy about lb's or safeties.

this week, i think pretty much every piece of the defense played a quality game.

no complaints here.

I think their qb still looked better than he should have. D played a strong a- game.

3rd string quarterback. Lets not get carried away now. The D faced 2 QBs last week and one was at 90% completion in late in the 3rd.

Advertisement
Advertisement
First time we have really handled business in a long long time. We knocked out their guy so we should have whooped their ***.....and we did. No complaints.

Advertisement
Real talk, I dont think most people realize how young and thin this defense is. They are a gagglef*ck of confused young kids out there. They have made strides.

Ill tell you what, if not for guys like Forston and Vernon leaving early, I honestly think this is an 8-9 win team this year. Think of how much better this D would have been with Forston, Porter and Vernon for the whole season in the rotation. For all of Donofrio's shortcomings, the guy has had a real trainwreck to deal with. He has virtually NO experience or quality depth on this D. This would have been a much better Defense had we had some experienced guys out there all year.

We have to PRAY that Porter comes back next year and stays healthy. I really think these guys are going to be SIGNIFICANTLY better next year. Another year of experience and conditioning for DP, EJ, Bush, Gunter, Chick, McCord, Pierre and we are going to be a LOT better. Even guys like Paul and Gaines have improved, and when guys like Kirby start learning the system and get some experience, we are going to have some real playmakers out there. I really think there is a LOT of potential on this team. We just need to be patient.

Real talk, I dont think most people realize how young and thin this defense is. They are a gagglef*ck of confused young kids out there. They have made strides.

Ill tell you what, if not for guys like Forston and Vernon leaving early, I honestly think this is an 8-9 win team this year. Think of how much better this D would have been with Forston, Porter and Vernon for the whole season in the rotation. For all of Donofrio's shortcomings, the guy has had a real trainwreck to deal with. He has virtually NO experience or quality depth on this D. This would have been a much better Defense had we had some experienced guys out there all year.

We have to PRAY that Porter comes back next year and stays healthy. I really think these guys are going to be SIGNIFICANTLY better next year. Another year of experience and conditioning for DP, EJ, Bush, Gunter, Chick, McCord, Pierre and we are going to be a LOT better. Even guys like Paul and Gaines have improved, and when guys like Kirby start learning the system and get some experience, we are going to have some real playmakers out there. I really think there is a LOT of potential on this team. We just need to be patient.

Don't forget Ray Ray as well. He was never great, but was certainly a better option than Highsmith getting so much burn

They did what they should have against a putrid offense with a scrub QB thrust into action.

The big test is this week. End of the season, progress should have been made. You are rolling with EJ, Perryman, and Bush all back and healthy. A road game against a pretty good passing offense. They need to play well.

3rd string quarterback. Lets not get carried away now. The D faced 2 QBs last week and one was at 90% completion in late in the 3rd.

3rd string QB because the D knocked the other one out.

I swear some of you ***** need to get a life.

Advertisement
Back