9 “Active” Ships

Like I said, I think we're going to disagree.

When's the last time we used all of our scholarships. Having Miller on scholly is not gonna keep us from offering anybody.

Gak is deemed more serviceable because he already redshirted and he has to play this year. And honestly we don't know how serviceable he'll be yet. He's skinny as ****. He may not be useful but he has to be active because he took a redshirt last year. This isn't a Dak > Miller call.

Another year of Miller focusing solely on reshaping his body could make him more useful next year. Because he's probably close to useless right now.

As for the part in bold, it has been a long time. For the last three years, after the transfer period, we left open at least one scholarship. If the options were either, you can have Miller (and hope for the best) or nothing (don't use the ship), then yes, I would take Miller. Except those aren't the options. You can use Miller's ship on someone else. You can use any open ship on someone else. Just because we don't, doesn't mean it isn't an option or it shouldn't be done.

This is one reason I posted my OP. It is showing how we need to do a better job of filling the roster and using our resources.

As for the underlined part, that makes no sense.

1. Gak doesn't have to play this year PERIOD. He can play this year but he doesn't have to play this year. This is the same for Miller. He can play this year but he doesn't have to play this year. We could have brought in a Joe Thomas type, we could do it next year as well. There is less risk to do this too because they're gone after one season rather then reserving the scholarship for multiple seasons. Miller played less MPG as a sophomore over his freshman year. Why not redshirt him last year? Did we really need his 3.5 MPG in the 15 games he made an appearance? Keep in mind, in the 15 games Miller played last year, he logged 21 minutes (out of 57 in total) against Western Carolina and North Florida.

2. I never said Gak was serviceable. I said he was MORE serviceable NOW than Miller. To me, if they're willing to give these minutes to Gak (given he is skinny as **** and undersized) then perhaps he is more deserving of them. Perhaps he can offer better burn today over Miller.

3. I already stated the following but...As for Miller, how often does a 3rd year player redshirt (not because of injury or transfer) and have a decent tenure? I am looking for a player who produced almost nothing their first two years, like Miller.

As for the part in italics, I don't understand why someone has to redshirt (their 3rd year) to get in better shape. Is being in shape and active mutually exclusive? DJ is in better shape this year and he is a 3rd year player.

And yes, Miller is "probably close to useless right now" and given the above and his tenure, why would this change? Perhaps it is time to move on from this experiment.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back