Duke Johnson's draft stock

LexZapata

Freshman
I see Duke as the third best running back behind Gordon and Gurley because of his well roundedness of his game, he could return kicks in the league, slide out in the slot a lot, be on the field more than 3 downs but still could be a compliment back to another RB in the league. I feel he'll at the very least end up the second best pro amongst this year's RB class, I just feel his game is well rounded enough, he'll probably make his money shakin defenders out of their shoes Barry Sanders style and just avoiding getting hit as much as possible to prolong his career but plowing over mfs occasionally bc he's Duke Johnson, he fights for every yard. Gordon or Gurley could start as 1's. Duke will have to start as a 2. But he may be too good to keep off the field down the road. I can't wait to see him blow up in the pros. Maybe he'll sneak into the end of the first round. Anything is possible.

Advertisement
He Is going to be a steal for someone in the 3rd round if he slides down that far. New England has their eyes on Duke and Dorsett.

Advertisement
No running back should go in the 1st round IMO, but I would take a chance on duke in the 2nd or 3rd round..

I think Gurley is a good running back, but he's coming back from that ACL injury so we'll see what he does. Melvin Gorden will be another Wisconsin bust IMO. Duke will be a steal wherever he goes. I doubt any rb goes in the first round.

I think Gurley has the potential to be a good running back, but he's coming back from that ACL injury so we'll see what he does. Melvin Gorden will be another Wisconsin bust IMO. Duke will be a steal wherever he goes. I doubt any rb goes in the first round.

I think Gurley has the potential to be a good running back, but he's coming back from that ACL injury so we'll see what he does. Melvin Gorden will be another Wisconsin bust IMO. Duke will be a steal wherever he goes. I doubt any rb goes in the first round.
Melvin Gordon is the real deal. He gets in the right scheme and im hoping my ravens zone scheme and he will be lights out. For sone reason i think Gurley will struggle. He is talented without a doubt but look what Nick chubb and sony michel did as well when he went down. Gordon carried Wisconsin.

Advertisement
Melvin Gordon is the real deal. He gets in the right scheme and im hoping my ravens zone scheme and he will be lights out. For sone reason i think Gurley will struggle. He is talented without a doubt but look what Nick chubb and sony michel did as well when he went down. Gordon carried Wisconsin.

Gurley did so much more than Michel and Chubb.

Now for Duke. He is a special talent. I think he will go 3rd round. Due to durability issues. If he wasnt so talented he would have been a 4th-5th rd pick imo due to durbality. He is one of those prospects that if you wait too late he will be gone or if you take too early it might hurt you.

Last edited:
His fumbles and clique leadership cost us about 4 games last year although, admittedly, it's tough to quantity his clique impact on losses. It took some very complex math that might be beyond the scope of this board for me to arrive at that figure.

If he gets those two areas cleaned up he's the best player in the draft, and the second best isn't really all that close.

His fumbles and clique leadership cost us about 4 games last year although, admittedly, it's tough to quantity his clique impact on losses. It took some very complex math that might be beyond the scope of this board for me to arrive at that figure.

If he gets those two areas cleaned up he's the best player in the draft, and the second best isn't really all that close.

63472-ben-stiller-dodgeball-gif-a1ps.gif

Advertisement
I agree Duke is probably the 3rd best RB in this draft, But I don't think he will be taken 3rd. I think the highest he gets drafted is in the 2nd round by the 49ers or Colts. But it is most likely that he goes in the 3rd round. I don't see how he could last past the third round though. Wouldn't be surprised to see Coleman, Ajayi, or Abdullah go before him, even though it'd be a mistake.

Ranges I expect our guys to go in:
Flowers 9-32. (1st rounder)
Dorsett 26-64. (Late 1st-2nd)
Perryman 30-79. (2nd Round)
Walford 58-99. (3rd Round)
Duke 36-97. (Late 2nd-3rd)
Chickillo 77-135. (3rd-4th)
Gunter (5th-7th)
Feliciano (6th-UFA)
McDermott(6-UFA)

How some people have Gurley going #6 to NYJ is ridiculous. No way! Not after a knee injury.

And as for our boy Duke, I hate to break it to some of you, he is not an every down back in the NFL thus should not be drafted in the first 3 rounds. Not to say he isn't talented, because we all know he is. I'm just saying, why would a team waste a pick on a situational running back? Makes no sense. Fourth round seems logical.

Advertisement
He's a 3rd round pick...hoping he does not play for Jets, Bills, Pats, or Steelers!

Gurley is hands down the best back in the draft, even coming off knee surgery. Apparently has recovered well and expected to go in the first round. Love what Duke did for the Canes and sounds like he'll go in 2nd-3rd round, but question his long-term durability in the pro game.

Advertisement
Back