Shalala dinner w/ students

U

User-4525

Shalala had a dinner with a bunch of students, mostly freshmen, last night and told them that we are in talks to get in with Beckham and his stadium. The way people took her words, they believe the move will happen.

I do not believe it will happen

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Not buying it. Any stadium plans with Beckham will come from the next president. Shalala doesn't even care to fire Golden because she doesn't wake a decision her successor would deal with. Why would she do it now.

Shalala had a dinner with a bunch of students, mostly freshmen, last night and told them that we are in talks to get in with Beckham and his stadium. The way people took her words, they believe the move will happen.

I do not believe it will happen

Where did you get this information from?

Advertisement
The stadium we play in is about to be one of the nicest in the country. I can see why we're in a hurry to get out of that long lease.

Advertisement
Yeah, Donna's gonna make it happen. Word is she's also been in talks with Beckham to line up a title sponsor - The Clinton Foundation.

Advertisement
The stadium we play in is about to be one of the nicest in the country. I can see why we're in a hurry to get out of that long lease.

Location and size. While it would be great to retain the ability to use Sun Life for large games, it seriously hurts both attendance and atmosphere for all other games.

You can talk crap about Sun Life if you want but you better get another banner ready that says, "Free the U! #StephenRoss" , because he already made it very clear that he does not expect to let us out of our lease.

Besides, the atmosphere doesn't suck because of the stadium. It sucks because WE suck. Anybody who went to the FSU game this year and the UF game last year knows that Sun Life has potential if we actually had a consistent winning product on the field.

Now for you people who still wont let the OB die...No, Sun Life isn't and never will match that environment. But its time for yall to move on already. Smh.

Advertisement

Are you ****ing serious with this bull****?

Jesus.

Even if it was true, it is a terrible attempt at making a point. Let's assume he is correct.

So we're playing in our dad's expensive and beautiful custom suit. The suit looks amazing on dad as it is tailored specifically for him. Now son tries it on. The suit is 5 sizes too big and looks like Rick Moranis swimming in Shaq's suit. Now the suit is one of the best in the country for dad. For the son, it does nothing and it doesn't fit his needs.

The reason that his point is irrelevant is because the stadium doesn't meet our needs and it never will meet our needs. So who cares if we play in the nicest stadium in the country if we look ridiculous playing in it.

Last edited:
You can talk crap about Sun Life if you want but you better get another banner ready that says, "Free the U! #StephenRoss" , because he already made it very clear that he does not expect to let us out of our lease.

Besides, the atmosphere doesn't suck because of the stadium. It sucks because WE suck. Anybody who went to the FSU game this year and the UF game last year knows that Sun Life has potential if we actually had a consistent winning product on the field.

Now for you people who still wont let the OB die...No, Sun Life isn't and never will match that environment. But its time for yall to move on already. Smh.

While I agree we'll never get the OB back, there's no denying that unless Sun Life is packed, the atmosphere sucks. We never packed games in the OB even in our best years, except for the big games. I remember sitting in the OB many times when it was less than 1/2 full as we played mediocre teams. But it was still much louder, and much livelier, than Sun Life is with the same number of fans. That's why for the non-premium games, playing in a smaller venue would help dramatically.

Advertisement
Back