Aaron Thompson 247 Update

Golden Era

i mean Richt Era
http://miami.247sports.com/Article/DL-Aaron-Thompson-Hoping-For-Miami-Offer-36027408

- “I am waiting on Miami,” Thompson said. If they offer me, I am going to commit on the spot,” Thompson said. “It is my dream school. It is close and has everything I like.”
- Miami keeps in contact with Thompson (thank god!) - “They tell me how good I am and that they love me and they are going to keep looking at me,” Thompson said. “I am going to have to show them the type of player I am.”
- “I plan on going down there at some point this spring to watch them practice.”

so 2 things.
1. This kid is more committed to us then Amir Rasual and he doesn't even have an offer.
2. Looks like he will get his offer in the spring as we are still evaluating him (Don't know why, kids a stud)

Advertisement
Thompson said 10 months ago in his interview with Tito here on CIS that he'd commit on the spot if offered. And he just reiterated that in his interview with 247. Talented player from our own backyard with quality offers (including Clemson, Missouri, Louisville, South Carolina, and UNC) at a position this staff has struggled miserably to recruit ever since they arrived.

And yet they're still evaluating. Still no offer for Thompson or FSU commit Keir Thomas. SMFH.

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/DL-Aaron-Thompson-Hoping-For-Miami-Offer-36027408

- “I am waiting on Miami,” Thompson said. If they offer me, I am going to commit on the spot,” Thompson said. “It is my dream school. It is close and has everything I like.”
- Miami keeps in contact with Thompson (thank god!) - “They tell me how good I am and that they love me and they are going to keep looking at me,” Thompson said. “I am going to have to show them the type of player I am.”
- “I plan on going down there at some point this spring to watch them practice.”

so 2 things.
1. This kid is more committed to us then Amir Rasual and he doesn't even have an offer.
2. Looks like he will get his offer in the spring as we are still evaluating him (Don't know why, kids a stud)

Why he doesn't have an offer? Well I'll tell you! He doesn't fit Golden's weird philosophy of a DT for size and weight! He'll wait till NSD and go running up I-95 to Dillard trying to convince the kid to sign when no quality DT gave him any consideration. I'd bet $$$ bucks that Schiano would snag that 5 star DT from NJ.

Advertisement
I mean i'm all for bashing Golden but it sounds like he's going to get his offer soon lol. It's not like it's January and he's begging for an offer right before NSD.

My biggest issue is this, stud DT's don't grow on tree's down here like WR, RB and DB's do. When there is one we have to get him, last year we got a stud in McCintosh. This year there are 2, Keir Thomas & Aaron Thompson and both don't have offers. It makes absolutely no sense.

without going into a coaching bash... anyone have any idea why they are slow playing him? bad measurable's? grades? headcase?

without going into a coaching bash... anyone have any idea why they are slow playing him? bad measurable's? grades? headcase?

If you're looking for a reason, your safest bet after seeing five years of stuff like this would be to direct blame towards the coaching staff instead of wondering if there's something wrong with Thompson.

Advertisement
we need this kid bad. stud DT in S FL. willing to commit on the spot. love Miami with all his heart. we need at least 3 and this guy is a take.

so 2 things.

Our player evals do nothing but **** me off. We have site mods who are better connected to the local coaching community. If the staff had an assistant who just watched the names that cross this board, they'd be a step ahead of who they look at.

I think you guys are hyping Keir Thomas up, he doesn't look as good as Thompson and he's kinda short. Didn't he also get pooped on by the 2017 OL at the Nike combine?

Advertisement

so 2 things.

Why he doesn't have an offer? Well I'll tell you! He doesn't fit Golden's weird philosophy of a DT for size and weight! He'll wait till NSD and go running up I-95 to Dillard trying to convince the kid to sign when no quality DT gave him any consideration. I'd bet $$$ bucks that Schiano would snag that 5 star DT from NJ.

This. No secret what is going on here and what happened with KThomas. Al went to them and told them in order to get the offer they had to get to certain weight. Both of these kids are in the 260 range. Im sure Al told them to get to 275 by the end of Spring and he will offer. He does his DTs like he does his LBs. You have to be a certain weight for him to offer. James King even said that Al told him he got the offer because he got to 200lbs. Smh.

Problem is, kids like KThomas told him to F off. Why meet the requirements of some loser coach when the hottest team in the country wants him at face value?..Smh. Al will never learn. Fortunately, AThompson seems to really want to come here.

My biggest issue is this, stud DT's don't grow on tree's down here like WR, RB and DB's do. When there is one we have to get him, last year we got a stud in McCintosh. This year there are 2, Keir Thomas & Aaron Thompson and both don't have offers. It makes absolutely no sense.

Amazing how this staff continues to outsmart themselves. Either that, or they just are just flat out incompetent.

Advertisement

so 2 things.

This. No secret what is going on here and what happened with KThomas. Al went to them and told them in order to get the offer they had to get to certain weight. Both of these kids are in the 260 range. Im sure Al told them to get to 275 by the end of Spring and he will offer. He does his DTs like he does his LBs. You have to be a certain weight for him to offer. James King even said that Al told him he got the offer because he got to 200lbs. Smh.

Problem is, kids like KThomas told him to F off. Why meet the requirements of some loser coach when the hottest team in the country wants him at face value?..Smh. Al will never learn. Fortunately, AThompson seems to really want to come here.

Al's horrific defense requires big heavy DTs and LBs. Al's ego required they have limited talent but be hard workers(in his own mold). He likes cows and we are use to racehorses.

It criminal that this kid doesn't have an offer, Golden should be arrested and charged for this.

I don't know why they haven't offered. If it's weight he is 255 now and by time he gets on campus would be in the 260-265 range likely.

With a redshirt year he would easily be 275-280.

Unless they want to know if he can add more weight and be able to carry it and if he is a legit 6'3.

Why would the staff talk to a talented guy everyday and end up not offering.

There has to be something else going on.

Maybe the one of the insiders know

Advertisement
Back