Welcome to the U!!! McArthur Burnett

Advertisement
They let my boy commit, honestly don't remember someone wanting to be a cane so bad in a long time

Advertisement
We offered just before FSU did last week. Burnett said in an interview after we offered that he planned to commit to us soon because UM was his dream school. Guess he wasn't kidding.

Let him play RB or CB. Whatever he wants. Just keep him here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have never ever seen anything like this before. Granted, I haven't been following recruiting for as long as others, but we just came off a 6-7 season in a coach's 4th year.

One huge advantage is 2016 is loaded in Florida. In 2014, south Florida was loaded but the Tampa/Jax/Muck/Central Florida areas were not at optimal level. This year, every single major recruiting ground in Florida is stacked with Power 5 players. I understand a lot of the players are place holding & taking a wait and see approach (although the majority of these kids have "better" offers than Miami ATM), but there are a bunch of guys that are true fans of the program. Good sign to see since not all of these kids will flip. It is going to be a crazy December-February with all the official visits these elite commits will be taking.

Anyways, Welcome to the U

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do Rasul and him rank among South Florida RBs?

Burnett > Rasul IMO. I like Burnett at RB although some like him at corner. Only thing he lacks as a RB is elite top end speed but he has everything else.

Advertisement
If there is one thing I am good at, it is not knowing what I am looking at when I watch a highlight tape.

Can someone fill me in on:

Quality of competition,
How he compares to the kids in south florida of this year and recent years.

thanks in advance.

If there is one thing I am good at, it is not knowing what I am looking at when I watch a highlight tape.

Can someone fill me in on:

Quality of competition,
How he compares to the kids in south florida of this year and recent years.

thanks in advance.

Quality of competition: Very good. He is playing against some of the fastest players in the country week in and week out.

Without senior tape it is hard to compare, but he is right below Collins, Sony & Cook and a notch above Walton, Yearby, and Powell IMO.

Biggest Assets: Burst & Feet. He hits the A gap multiple times with two linebackers ready to make a combined tackle and easily splits them on his film.

Advertisement
Back