Amir Rasul Update

One of the fastest prospects in the country for the 2016 recruiting cycle- Coral Gables (Fla.) running back and Miami commit Amir Rasul, described his commit to the Canes as "not too strong" today during an on-site interview at his school, adding that he is going to visit Notre Dame (No. 2) and South Carolina (No. 2), which round out his top three, this summer.

The 6-foot, 200-pound Rasul is a legit 10.43-second 100-meter dash track star and may even have more upside in that sport.

Rasul added that he would like to add offers from Arizona, LSU and Nebraska to go with his current nine.

Rasul is a three-star prospect with an 0.8333 247Sports Composite rating.

When he first committed i already expected him to be one of our decommits. he is a great talent. and i hope we land him but we have to win to keep him

Advertisement
February 10th and it's already starting....

What's the point in committing this early if it's "not too strong"?

South Florida recruit timeline.
Commits 2 weeks ago.
Lands notre dame offer a day after
2 weeks later his commitment not strong?
Lol, **** nah lol. They need to change it where kids can't commit to a school until July 1 of their senior offseason

One of the fastest prospects in the country for the 2016 recruiting cycle- Coral Gables (Fla.) running back and Miami commit Amir Rasul, described his commit to the Canes as "not too strong" today during an on-site interview at his school, adding that he is going to visit Notre Dame (No. 2) and South Carolina (No. 2), which round out his top three, this summer.

The 6-foot, 200-pound Rasul is a legit 10.43-second 100-meter dash track star and may even have more upside in that sport.

Rasul added that he would like to add offers from Arizona, LSU and Nebraska to go with his current nine.

Rasul is a three-star prospect with an 0.8333 247Sports Composite rating.

When he first committed i already expected him to be one of our decommits. he is a great talent. and i hope we land him but we have to win to keep him

I understand kids right to explore their options, but then why commit to us? You literally have been "committed" for less than a week. Just don't commit and take the process as it comes.

I don't understand the mentality/lack of guidance which surrounds these kids.

All of these kids are using "UM" brand as a reserved seat in case other BIG schools dont recruit them - plan and simple. Sad, but true.!

In any case, i dont like his running style. Fast kid, but not fluid. Give me Burns from Gulliver or Mcintosh..

Advertisement
This was expected because his early commit was shocking. Got caught up in the hype of the Jr day.

Put him in the group of kids that we will have to show something on the field this year to keep him interested.

I don't care who the coach is... this generation of south Florida kids and who guides them in the recruiting process is a challenge to ANY coach at UM. I think even the great Butch Davis would have his hands full dealing with these kids and there handlers. Just my opinion

This stuff goes both ways. Kids commit and they keep looking. Schools offer and sometimes accept commits from kids, and they keep looking. It's the head coach who allows a 17 year old kid decide his professional fate that is the loser in all of this. Unfortunately UM has had a lot of that with Coker, Shannon and Golden. Saban, Urban, Miles, and others do not for 1 second allow 1 kid to have that much control over their programs. If they commit and go on trips, they lose their spot. I'm sure there are exceptions, but that's how 4 and 5 star generals get it done when they're at the pinnacle of college football. UM hires nice, polite 1 star generals who end up 1 or 2 games off of .500 every year for the last 12, and they get run over by medium and above teams, as well as top notch recruits.

Reminds me of one of the U 30 for 30s. I can't remember which player it was (Highsmith maybe), but in his first meeting Schnelly told him he was going to redshirt. He asked Highsmith (or whoever it was) "do you have a problem with that?" The general put the soldier in his place and the conversation was over.

When he committed he was told he was going to be the o lely back taken from FL and maybe in the class. We thought we were getting Scarlett and if we didn't we would be able to get Dex. We got neither and that means we can't get one back. Deon McIntosh is somebody we are going after now him and Rasul. My guess is that rubbed him the wrong way

Advertisement
Recruits doing this is definitely annoying, but ultimately the grown men, the coaches, are responsible. It works both ways. Sometimes schools take commits from guys they know will commit early and then keep shopping for their replacement knowing that if they get the higher rated guy to commit they'll drop the prospect who is already committed but who is lower on their board. So it's in a recruits best interest to keep all options open as long as possible to avoid being left out in the dark, even after an early commitment. It's a dirty game and both sides are complicit.

looks like we could possibly be back to back national champs of decommits yet again.

#DESERVE_VICTORY

Advertisement
Advertisement
We usually do well with kids from gables high who we want.

And this is the only thing that keeps me thinking we are okay with this kid in the end. We are undefeated at CGHS. It would be the equal to FSU not getting a kid from Tallahassee Lincoln that they want. Not happening. Not in any era.

But us going 6-6 will def push him to ND. But then again, that means Golden will prob be fired so it could be a lose-win for us. And the next coach can convince him to come back.

I think someone posted an article and it basically said in dealing with the SFla recruits is that you don't want to be their first commit. You want to be their 2nd or 3rd commitment. Basically hinting that you have to know how to play the game.

Advertisement
Back