2016 LB/S Devin Gil commits

Advertisement
You see how fast and hard he is hitting.....enjoy it. Dorritos can't wait to fatten him up

Not sure if this is done already (probably not..), but Golden needs to get the ENTIRE class of 16 commits, and maybe another 5 that are seriously seriously considering Miami and have a very blunt conversation with them telling them that the talent they have together is enough to sky rocket this program. Needs to build camaraderie within the class so they all feel like a part of something special and don't flip at the end of the recruiting season as we've become pretty accustomed to over here.

This is something so obvious to say, but if it isn't already being done he needs to do it yesterday.

same thing randy did in 08

Advertisement

Shhhhh. I see Jon Beason.

proxy.php

first thing that pops out to me on his tape are 1)quickness/explosiveness 2)plays angry

Violence and ability to strike a ball carrier is something I believe we've lacked.

All this drag the guy to the ground crap.

If nothing else, that's one change that Al needs to make this spring.

**** this "Don't go to the ground" stuff, practices need to be full contact.

Tired of watching the first man whiff and/or the first man not stop the man until he falls forward for 4 or 5 more yards.

Advertisement
first thing that pops out to me on his tape are 1)quickness/explosiveness 2)plays angry

Violence and ability to strike a ball carrier is something I believe we've lacked.

All this drag the guy to the ground crap.

If nothing else, that's one change that Al needs to make this spring.

**** this "Don't go to the ground" stuff, practices need to be full contact.

Tired of watching the first man whiff and/or the first man not stop the man until he falls forward for 4 or 5 more yards.

you talking about jamal carter? guy whiffs on tackles like I've never seen, then runs his mouth every play.

Good pickup hopefully this is a sign his teammate 2015 Adrienne Talan will be next.

Go Canes

they need to go after him really bad seeing how Brightwell committed to Pitt and Barry looks to be leaning towards nebraska

kid will most likely get moved to WLB. his tape was definlty impressive, but i feel there are better safety prospects out their than him like Jamel Cook. Gil is versatile enough though that if they were smart they would se him as a rover

Advertisement
Advertisement
Devin Bush Sr' Remarks on Gil

"[UM] saw the way he played on the ball at safety, saw him down in the box when my son Devin [Bush] got hurt," Flanagan coach Devin Bush Sr. said. "It shows you the type of versatility you're going to get. They offered Gil last week. Temple and Miami are his only offers. The kid grew up liking Miami. I guess he got real excited about it after he was there Sunday. Right now, they got him listed as an athlete. The kid is so versatile he can play anywhere for them."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...n-of-flanagan-lb-devin-gil.html#storylink=cpy

I like the fact that they took him as an ATH thats very smart.

i just can't see him at LB kid has solid man coverage for a safety real nice ball skills.

I want to hear more about him on Coach Machos evaluation on this kid since he follows and watches that area a lot.

Doesn't look like Talan will be getting that offer.

So I'm interested to see what Macho thinks.

I mentioned Gil got an offer in another Talan thread but I havnt seen much of Gil yet so I'll hold some judgement - https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/85272-Just-watched-Adriene-Talan/page4

I love his versatility though. From his highlights I see him as a safety who can come down in the box for run support, has great cover skills and a knack for being around the ball. If he outgrows the position I see a great WLB who can cover, help on the run and rush the passer.

Like what D$ mentioned as well.

Dmoney:

I watched him at the B2G 7on7 last year and he was one of the most impressive players there.

Didn't know who he was but he stood out on a field of 4 and 5-stars.

Wonder where this leaves us on the LB board with Thompson and Bush Jr in 2016.

FSU is slow playing Bush Jr. right now.

So far I like the pickup. I think he'll blow up, Bush Jr. injury was a blessing in disguise for him. Showed how versatile and athletic Gil is having to move over to LB in the playoffs

Coach Macho your thoughts on Devin Gil?

Last edited:
With Ced & him being so versatile, I can definitely see us still adding Cook. They all bring something different to the table.

All 3 do bring versatility.

Cook plays some CB as well for Central but I see him as a S all the way at the next level.

Cedrick can play safety and play some nickel/safety or come down into the box on run support. Can blitz him from the nickel and create some mismatch.

Gil a hybrid between a LB/S. Rover.

As for the person who mentioned Devin Studstill from Palm Beach Gardens. I like him, he was at junior day. Let's see where the staff goes or what they do. I would figure it's between Cook and Studstill.

I like Cook the most of any of the safeties we are looking at or committed. He's right there at Central and has Miami in the lead. Big 6'3"-6'4" safety who also plays corner.

Give me that group of Cedrick, Jamel and Devin and I'm happy there. We need to recruit corners though!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back