2016 LB/S Devin Gil commits

Seems like he's placeholding.

@RyanBartow: #Miami commit Devin Gil says he's "open" & wants to land #Georgia, #Florida, #TCU offers. http://247sports.com/Bolt/Gil-hops-on-offer-and-commits-to-Miami-35086420 @Mansell247 @DavidLake3

Sure sounds like Folden is begging these 2016 kids to commit to make himself look good.

He's probably telling them to commit publicly and telling them it'll help build the class up with all the public hype. When they tell him they still aren't sure and want to keep their options open he just tells them the commitment can easily be broken if they want to go elsewhere.

No downside for the recruit to get hype around his name. Great for Folden to make him look like a hero. Meaningless at the end of the day from a real life perspective because the commitment of totally wide open recruits means absolutely nothing.

Advertisement
Well apparently now Michigan has jumped into his Top 3 since they offered so it is UM, Mich, & U of L. But once UGA offers they will replace UGA.

https://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1751590

The Latest: Gil is the teammate of Devin Bush who visited Michigan this weekend and while Gil couldn't take in Ann Arbor with his friend he still picked up an offer. Gil is currently committed to Miami but says that Michigan is in his top three with the Canes and Louisville. He's waiting for an offer from Georgia who would replace the Cardinals in his top group.

Go Canes

He is so replaceable!! I actually want him to decommit.. Let's grab J.Cook and call it.

I really want us to focus on that DT position though! Since we are running a 1 gap penetrate scheme can I at least get one 4* stud... Just one!

I knew the moment Harbaugh was hired he trying to get some footing in Florida.

You wouldn't think the lowest rated kid in this class is pulling stuff like this

Advertisement
Well apparently now Michigan has jumped into his Top 3 since they offered so it is UM, Mich, & U of L. But once UGA offers they will replace UGA.

The Latest: Gil is the teammate of Devin Bush who visited Michigan this weekend and while Gil couldn't take in Ann Arbor with his friend he still picked up an offer. Gil is currently committed to Miami but says that Michigan is in his top three with the Canes and Louisville. He's waiting for an offer from Georgia who would replace the Cardinals in his top group.

Go Canes

I still think Bush is an FSU lock

Jamel Cook!!!

We got to get back in on this guy.. Gonna be hard with the type of team we might potentially field this year.

All these kids are playing games. You can blame the High school coaches. A Miami offer is used as leverage for other scholarships everybody know that. 50% of this "swag16" class will be committed or EE with another school. As long as Golden is here in the 305 we will continue to see kids leave this area. They are being told to leave by 7on7 coaches, street agents, high school coaches and bags of money.

Advertisement

Go Canes

I still think Bush is an FSU lock

UGA

He is so replaceable!! I actually want him to decommit.. Let's grab J.Cook and call it.

I really want us to focus on that DT position though! Since we are running a 1 gap penetrate scheme can I at least get one 4* stud... Just one!

Are you implying that because we have commits at other positions we are therefore not recruiting DT? I mean I hate Golden too but...

Advertisement
Advertisement
There's too much leadership and internal peer pressure in Swag 16 for any of these guys to decommit.

Advertisement
Back