Michigan 's BOT vs. Ours....

http://businessofcollegesports.com/data/2013-14-fbs-football-finances/

Michigan - $58.4 million profit 2013-2014 season.
Miami - $5.5 million profit

Michigan - 42k enrollment
Miami - 16k

Michigan - state funded
Miami - private

Michigan - 100k stadium filled weekly
Miami - 30k is a good day against teams not names FSU

How does Miami compete? Location and tradition. Otherwise, in today's college landscape, it would be wiped off the map.

Shh. There's no room for your reasonable post here. Apparently, UM has several million dollars just lying around, but the admin is just too stupid to find it and use it. The financial whiz kids in this thread like Jedi would obviously do a much better job.

Advertisement

Miami - 16k

Michigan - state funded
Miami - private

How does Miami compete? Location and tradition. Otherwise, in today's college landscape, it would be wiped off the map.

Shh. There's no room for your reasonable post here. Apparently, UM has several million dollars just lying around, but the admin is just too stupid to find it and use it. The financial whiz kids in this thread like Jedi would obviously do a much better job.

The fact you are either directly, indirectly, explicitly, or implicitly defending the biggest abortion of an administration in all of college football speaks more about you than anything else, pal.

Miami - 16k

Michigan - state funded
Miami - private

The fact you are either directly, indirectly, explicitly, or implicitly defending the biggest abortion of an administration in all of college football speaks more about you than anything else, pal.

I'm simply pointing out that you don't know jack **** about the financial situation at UM WRT athletics in general or Golden's contract specifically. Deriding someone for something you obviously know nothing about simply highlights your own stupidity.

The admin should never have given golden the mega-extension they did. Once they committed that bungle, their hands were tied hands until next year, when the buy out is reportedly significantly less. The admin is still to blame for making a bad decision on the front end; but you're too ignorant and stubborn to admit that money is, in fact, the reason they won't let him go right now. UM has very little of it, and apparently, according to their cost/benefit analysis, it's cheaper to keep him for next year.

Last edited:

Miami - 16k

Michigan - state funded
Miami - private

I'm simply pointing out that you don't know jack **** about the financial situation at UM WRT athletics in general or Golden's contract specifically. Deriding someone for something you obviously know nothing about simply highlights your own stupidity.

The admin should never have given golden the mega-extension they did. Once they committed that bungle, their hands were tied hands until next year, when the buy out is reportedly significantly less. The admin is still to blame for making a bad decision on the front end; but you're too ignorant and stubborn to admit that money is, in fact, the reason they won't let him go right now. UM has very little of it, and apparently, according to their cost/benefit analysis, it's cheaper to keep him for next year.

And I'm simply pointing out you don't know jack **** and $3M or $5M or $8M isn't going to be the reason he isn't let go. They have the money

You're a ******* idiot if you can't reconcile this.

Miami - 16k

Michigan - state funded
Miami - private

And I'm simply pointing out you don't know jack **** and $3M or $5M or $8M isn't going to be the reason he isn't let go. They have the money

I can't reconcile your complete ignorance of the situation with the fact that you simply repeat over and over that "they have the money."

Who the **** are you--Nevin Shapiro? Apparently, if you say "they have the money" three times, it must be true.

******* genius.

Advertisement

I can't reconcile your complete ignorance of the situation with the fact that you simply repeat over and over that "they have the money."

Who the **** are you--Nevin Shapiro? Apparently, if you say "they have the joey" three times, it must be true.

******* genius.

If you don't think the University of Miami has $8M liquid...disposable to use on this if they so choose...

Then we're just going to keep going round and round calling each other names. But I stand fast that you're an idiot if you ACTUALLY believe that.

I'll repeat what I said earlier...there's a difference between being cheap and not having the money.

Who the **** are you--Nevin Shapiro? Apparently, if you say "they have the joey" three times, it must be true.

******* genius.

If you don't think the University of Miami has $8M liquid...disposable to use on this if they so choose...

Then we're just going to keep going round and round calling each other names. But I stand fast that you're an idiot if you ACTUALLY believe that.

I'll repeat what I said earlier...there's a difference between being cheap and not having the money.

Ah, so you expect UM to funnel 8 mil from academic/administrative/facilities uses into Golden's buyout.

Again, ******* genius.

******* genius.

Ah, so you expect UM to funnel 8 mil from academic/administrative/facilities uses into Golden's buyout.

Again, ******* genius.

No...I would expect an administration that CARED ABOUT ******* FOOTBALL to do that.

I'm simply commenting ours is a piece of ****, not that I'm surprised about it.

******* moron.

Advertisement

You're a ****ing idiot if you can't reconcile this.

****ing genius.

Again, ****ing genius.

Seriously ... Do you believe the entire buyout would be due in one lump sum?

The ONLY way that would be the case, is if they agreed to some lower buyout amount.

If Golden gets the full buyout, it would be over the remaining duration of his contract,

So, we're talking about an extra $2MM per year to him, plus whatever we pay the new coach. Are you really arguing UM can't afford an extra $2MM???

I get that they may not WANT to pay it ... But you can't really believe that they CAN'T pay it ...

******* genius.

Again, ******* genius.

No...I would expect an administration that CARED ABOUT ******* FOOTBALL to do that.

******* moron.

Link to any other school that has shifted 8 mil of general funds to the athletic dept for a buyout. I'll hang up and listen.

Advertisement

******* genius.

Again, ******* genius.

******* moron.

Link to any other school that has shifted 8 mil of general funds to the athletic dept for a buyout. I'll hang up and listen.

Link to another athletic department that has hired and extended, under their own good graces, 3 straight ****** coaches and then struggled to pay those self imposed "buyouts" all while screaming bloody murder "we have no money we're a small school"

I'll hang up and listen.

money is, in fact, the reason they won't let him go right now. UM has very little of it, and apparently, according to their cost/benefit analysis, it's cheaper to keep him for next year.

Link to support any of the three assertions you made?

None.

And let us return to the MONEY MYTH Thread...POOR UM!!!! We're so poor!

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/82257-The-Money-Myth?highlight=the+money+myth

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflo...rsity-of-miami-scores-big-financial-gain.html

Miami - 16k

Michigan - state funded
Miami - private

Not sure where that website got its info but here's USA Today's and notice UMiami is not listed

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/schools/finances/?fullsite=true

Advertisement
money is, in fact, the reason they won't let him go right now. UM has very little of it, and apparently, according to their cost/benefit analysis, it's cheaper to keep him for next year.

None.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/82257-The-Money-Myth?highlight=the+money+myth

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflo...rsity-of-miami-scores-big-financial-gain.html

I'm still waiting for links from CaneinHeels.

None.

lilz

None.

lol

If you cry wolf long enough, ppl will eventually believe there's a wolf. Miami has cried broke several years, when the fact is they are a very profitable school. No, they are not OSU, Michigan, UCLA profitable, but they are far, far, far from broke.

Advertisement
Back