2017 QB Todd Centeio commits

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Yea

Quarterback Todd Centeio (West Palm Beach, Fla./Royal Palm Beach) verbally committed to Miami.

Centeio is one of the top 2017 quarterbacks in the country.

The 6-foot-1, 185-pounder chose Miami over offers from Cincinnati, FAU, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Temple, Western Kentucky and Temple.

"Miami is close to home and it was my first big offer," Centeio said. "I really like the coaches."

Hurricanes ace recruiter, offensive coordinator James Coley, lured in the national prospect.

"I really like coach Coley a lot," Centeio said. "He's a great offensive coordinator."

As a sophomore, Centeio threw for over 1,000 yards and 18 touchdowns and rushed for over 500 yards with two touchdowns leading Royal Palm Beach to a 12-3 record.

"I'm a dual-threat quarterback that's very accurate," Centeio said. "I can throw on the run and I have a strong arm. For me I'm just working to get better in the classroom to improve on what I feel is already having good football IQ."

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Breaking-Miami-lands-big-time-QB--33919337

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2985649/highlights/202079379

Advertisement
The 6-foot-1, 185-pounder chose Miami over offers from Cincinnati, FAU, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Temple, Western Kentucky and Temple.

two, count 'em TWO offers from Temple. i see why we offered him now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
By Ryan Bartow:

Kudos to Miami QBs coach/Offensive coordinator James Coley for not only offering early but getting an early commit from Todd Centeio.

Centeio is not only the top 2017 QB prospect in south Florida but he's also one of the nation's top dual-threat QBs in his class.

Centeio has a smooth release with a legit cannon. He's accurate on the run and in the pocket.

He has length and a frame at 6-1+, 185 pounds to easily carry 20-25 pounds and be very mobile down the road as he develops.

Centeio is a legit dual-threat guy. He runs to throw but can also beat teams on zone-reads and speed options with legit quickness and speed.

One of the top recruits in Florida in his class, he's a guy that's four-star material.

Many other schools were on him early in the process and offered as well. Centeio and his family grew up liking the Canes and have favored them throughout.

Coley continues stock the QB position for future success given Kaaya, Lawson, Allison and now Centeio, the best athlete of this group and one with a big-time upside.

FINALLY!!!!!

JT Barrett
Tahj Boyd
Russell Wilson
Marcus Mariota
Johnny Football
Troy Smith

Love these kind of QB's and we've never had one at Miami oddly enough. Equal threats running and passing. Can house a scramble AND chuck it all over the yard.

Welcome

Advertisement
I am still not sold on Coley but Kaaya buys the dude all kinds of slack on QB recruiting. Welcome to THE U young man. Now everyone will offer you. Stay true like Brad and good things will happen for you too.

FINALLY!!!!!

JT Barrett
Tahj Boyd
Russell Wilson
Marcus Mariota
Johnny Football
Troy Smith

Love these kind of QB's and we've never had one at Miami oddly enough. Equal threats running and passing. Can house a scramble AND chuck it all over the yard.

Welcome

What is the NC total of those QBs?

Advertisement
Huge get, but this kid is gonna blow up. Once he gets big time offers it might be tough to keep him. Love our qb depth tho

Advertisement
Back