8 most critical targets this year

TheSwagger1

Retired staff
Premium
I don't get to follow recruiting nearly as closely as I used to, and just don't have time to read the board daily (even weekly sometimes). Wanted to get a consensus 8 most important targets list so I could know which names I really needed to focus on until it gets closer to signing day. Love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Advertisement
@Canesfan_134 has a good priority thread here

Finally this one I created a few days ago

My top 8 realistic targets:
1) Air Noland: we need to add some talent to the QB after the departure of TVD.
2) JoJo Trader: WR room needs juice and talent.
3) Kamarion Franklin: our Dline room needs an infusion of talent - this room is Mario's golden goose and I expect 4-6 to be added.
4) T.A. Cunningham: see above
5) Zaquan Patterson: what will life be like after Kam and James?
6) Chance Robinson: see JoJo note.
7) Dylan Stephenson: see above + I refuse to believe Mario will lose anyone he wants from Columbus HS
8) Jon Mitchell: CB room needs some juice.

Advertisement
I'm guessing others will have some different names, but I'll focus on blue-chippers at premium positions (specifically at a few spots where we didn't do well enough in last year's class)

QB Air Noland
WR Jeremiah Smith
WR Ryan Wingo
WR Drelon Miller
DL David Stone
DE Elijah Rushing
CB Charles Lester
S KJ Bolden

I included Noland mainly because he seems to be the one blue-chip QB with whom we have the most traction. The other QB's generating the most discussion on the board (Anderson, Hairston, Moga, etc.) are QB2-level developmental types.

I'm guessing others will have some different names, but I'll focus on blue-chippers at premium positions (specifically at a few spots where we didn't do well enough in last year's class)

QB Air Noland
WR Jeremiah Smith
WR Ryan Wingo
WR Drelon Miller
DL David Stone
DE Elijah Rushing
CB Charles Lester
S KJ Bolden

I included Noland mainly because he seems to be the one blue-chip QB with whom we have the most traction. The other QB's generating the most discussion on the board (Anderson, Hairston, Moga, etc.) are QB2-level developmental types.
I've got us pulling 3 of those. Noland, Stone, and Lester. Rushing is a possible but I think Oregon/USC are out front and will be tough to beat.

No offense to the OP who is a gentleman and a scholar, but these lists right now are useless. Less than useless.

No one has any idea what Mario has in mind. He’s got links with recruits that we’ve never heard of from coast to coast. We get wrapped up in this tiny group of familiar kids and obsess about them around here long before they play their senior seasons.

Again nothing but love for the OP though!

Advertisement
7) Dylan Stephenson: see above + I refuse to believe Mario will lose anyone he wants from Columbus HS
This got me thinking... I wonder how many other schools have a head coach that went to a high school that consistently puts out highly rated recruits. I assume that is a small amount, but then probably even smaller when you ask how many of those coaches are a head coach at the local school that should already have an edge with that school.

My top 8 realistic targets:
1) Air Noland: we need to add some talent to the QB after the departure of TVD.
2) JoJo Trader: WR room needs juice and talent.
3) Kamarion Franklin: our Dline room needs an infusion of talent - this room is Mario's golden goose and I expect 4-6 to be added.
4) T.A. Cunningham: see above
5) Zaquan Patterson: what will life be like after Kam and James?
6) Chance Robinson: see JoJo note.
8) Jon Mitchell: CB room needs some juice.
TJ Capers?

Advertisement
Advertisement
As long as Mario keeps stacking top talent who bring the right attitude and culture, the names are plug & play to me at this point.

I used to think building a wall around South Florida was critical. To some degree it still is. So if anyone is a must, then it's Jeremiah Smith and Chance Robinson from the lists above. Who are the Top 5 kids across Broward, Dade and Palm Beach that aren't going to be grade casualties? We need 3-4 of those kids.

Advertisement
Back