8 million NIL deal shiiiiiiiiiit

On Friday, a five-star recruit in the Class of 2023 signed an agreement with a school’s NIL collective that could pay him more than $8 million by the end of his junior year of college, The Athletic has learned. He’ll be paid $350,000 almost immediately, followed by monthly payouts escalating to more than $2 million per year once he begins his college career, in exchange for making public appearances and taking part in social media promotions and other NIL activities “on behalf of (the collective) or a third party.”
We are the borg. We are a collective, you will be assimilated!!
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Advertisement
Dam the guy hasn't even played his senior year of high school and they already trying to dish out 2 million per year, I mean Heisman winner Bryce Young not even getting a deal this big

Advertisement
There's a reason college footballs attendance has dropped for 7 straight years. Elitist fatigue. They've got the 5 or so haves and then all the have-nots. People view games vs. those teams as futile and why bother watching. Money has pretty much killed off the whole "any given Sunday" vibe.

It’s for Malachi Nelson.

The attorney who put the deal together operates out of Orange County.

He’s is big time power broker down in Southern Cali & has connections to Serra HS & Los Alamitos.
You are like Professor Lambeau, Will Hunting and John Nash wrapped into one. The knowledge is mind boggling.

Or are you Red from Shawshank, just a man who knows how to get things. It’s remarkable.

It’s for Malachi Nelson.

The attorney who put the deal together operates out of Orange County.

He’s is big time power broker down in Southern Cali & has connections to Serra HS & Los Alamitos.
Its not Malachi Nelson. USC does not have a collective. They're actually pretty far behind compared to most other major programs when it comes to NIL. They don't have an organized NIL focused alumni group making moves and securing $$$ like many of the other programs. Still though, there is huge potential in LA, it just isn't being driven by the school, alumni groups, collectives, etc....

Advertisement
All this money for “potential”. These guys throwing this cash around need to go back a check out why the NFL went from paying these rookies these astronomical rookie deals to basically putting them on a pay scale by round and pick number. I’m all for kids making that money but what’s the plan when all doesn’t go as thought.

This is honestly unsustainable imo. Wait till all these billionaires don't see the expected return on their investment. Eventually they'll get tired of spending those types of figures once a few of those types bust. Dumping 30+ mil a year for a class and A&M and most likely not winning the SEC anytime soon.

So this kid is going to make more money than the 4 NFL QBs last year

Teddy Bridgewater
Davis Mills
Taylor Heinicke
Jalen Hurts

It’s a bold strategy. Better hope the kid doesn’t suck

Advertisement
This is honestly unsustainable imo. Wait till all these billionaires don't see the expected return on their investment. Eventually they'll get tired of spending those types of figures once a few of those types bust. Dumping 30+ mil a year for a class and A&M and most likely not winning the SEC anytime soon.

I know this seems like a horrible example because it’s FSU but just the idea, their boosters put millions into the college town project around the stadium with the idea that their investment in athletics was going to pay dividends.

They misplayed it because they had too much $ tied up into it. But just pointing out that there are ways for these boosters to be profitable from their investments in players and facilities.

There's so much money in LA that both those schools could rule college football if people get behind them.

**** isn't good for the sport if things keep trending up like they are.

I thought ppl on here said its the hick schools that will be the main isue with NIL?. LOL

Its the big city markets with ample spots for nil show ups etc...How much **** times could bama kids take a picture in front of Hickory Chevrolet Auto Sales?.

Advertisement
I don't wanna hear anyone complain, this is what everyone wanted and just had to have! High school players getting paid right? No! Don't do anything! Leave it alone! This is what y'all were screaming for so hear it is now deal with it! Sit back and watch college football decay as this continues to get worse. Y'all should be proud of yourselves, I have news for everyone, you haven't seen anything yet! This has only just begun.

Complaining is honestly just expressing shock.

This is a healthier progression towards what major CFB should become than where things have been for the past 10+ years. Advantage shouldn’t be primarily gained through shadow games outside of the purview of the rules/structure. CFB has increasingly become an arms race for years. At least let the ability to raise arms be level set.

We’re trending towards an era where it’s not just a couple SEC schools dominating (plus Clemson and occasional OSU) and we got fans crying about it. Pretty funny stuff

So is the kid on the hook to go to this school since he obviously isn't signed or anything? I imagine the contract is just void if he doesn't sign there?

And wouldn't a NIL deal disqualify him from high school play? I though the high school state associations didn't allow the NIL deals
It depends on state legislation where he lives. He's probably from a state where they have very favorable NIL laws. Look for states thet allow NIL for high school players.

Also, it may not be illegal to have a "futures" contract.

Its not Malachi Nelson. USC does not have a collective. They're actually pretty far behind compared to most other major programs when it comes to NIL. They don't have an organized NIL focused alumni group making moves and securing $$$ like many of the other programs. Still though, there is huge potential in LA, it just isn't being driven by the school, alumni groups, collectives, etc....
You can't say it isn't him. It may or may not be. It's very likely a QB if the story is true. It doesn't have to be a collective, alumni, etc. Anyone with money can create a business venture to sponsor NIL deals. The Ruiz family in Miami is doing it. They're not paying that kind of money. At least, not yet.

Advertisement
Back