8-5

Fuck Yeah Yes GIF by CrossFit LLC.

Advertisement
We will win 7 at most probably beat NC state and ruin their season

North Carolina State would have to be on the schedule for that to happen... Already did the home and away with the Atlantic rival in 2020 and 2021.

Morale is at a low. At this point from what I've seen of this team I can't make a reasonable guess as to our record come January. Just an unpredictable team that unfortunately points towards more disappointment than happy surprises.

Advertisement
No excuses, just a hypothetical. I’ve thought about this before. What if a team went 8-5. Lost the first game. Lost a game on a Hail Mary, lost after leading 31-0? Again, no excuses, but not having the internet made it a lot easier to deal with. Next year, 10-2, *** kicked by UT, the next year, best team and Heisman Trophy QB throws 5 INT’S? After four INT’S in the bowl game against UT? It’s nine INT’S in two bowl games, with a Heisman Trophy winner, 0-2 in two bowl games with Hall of Fame players. Next year, a scrawny kid throws our receivers, not the defense, and they win the ‘Ship. Next year, ND and just a **** up. Sometimes things just suck. It’s hard to explain, unless you’ve lived it. Doesn’t make it better, but does not ut it in perspective.

The reactions you're getting are hilarious. It means people either didn't live through that era of Canes football, or they're just too long gone to know up from down anymore as this program has been a mess for 16 years.

On paper, how could the great Jimmy Johnson go 8-5 with a team that just went 11-0, won ten in a row and won a national championship the year prior?

JJ opened with that win against #1 Auburn and and lost to #14 Michigan and #15 Florida State a few weeks later, now 3-2. Beat a bunch of nobodies and #16 Notre Dame and then had that brutal Maryland, Boston College, UCLA stretch to go 8-5.

And he did that with the defending national champions—Mario is working with a slew of kids from a loser's era at Miami; 21-15 under Diaz and 7-5 last year.
Let's be honest, Deriq King willed this team to wins in 2020 and TVD did the same in some games in 2021. Take away some solid quarterback play and the Diaz era is somewhere around 13-23—which might be being generous.

When the offensive production completely falls off because a one-year transfer receiver bails out, that tells you all you need to know about the fragility of the offensive side of the ball.

JJ went 8-5 with a staff he was forced to accept. He and defensive staff were at odds all season. Once the 1984 season concluded JJ replaced them, and installed his defense. With Schnelly’s players mostly, JJ came in late 1984 and didn’t have a recruiting class until Feb 1985.

Result: 10-2, 11-1, 12-0 NC, 11-1

JJ went 8-5 with a staff he was forced to accept. He and defensive staff were at odds all season. Once the 1984 season concluded JJ replaced them, and installed his defense. With Schnelly’s players mostly, JJ came in late 1984 and didn’t have a recruiting class until Feb 1985.

Right.

The JJ comparisons need to stop. There is nothing to compare.

Advertisement
I'm sorry, I thought this was my MENSA forum. It took me a second to realize it wasn't.

Advertisement
No excuses, just a hypothetical. I’ve thought about this before. What if a team went 8-5. Lost the first game. Lost a game on a Hail Mary, lost after leading 31-0? Again, no excuses, but not having the internet made it a lot easier to deal with. Next year, 10-2, *** kicked by UT, the next year, best team and Heisman Trophy QB throws 5 INT’S? After four INT’S in the bowl game against UT? It’s nine INT’S in two bowl games, with a Heisman Trophy winner, 0-2 in two bowl games with Hall of Fame players. Next year, a scrawny kid throws our receivers, not the defense, and they win the ‘Ship. Next year, ND and just a **** up. Sometimes things just suck. It’s hard to explain, unless you’ve lived it. Doesn’t make it better, but does not ut it in perspective.

wat-meme.gif

Dude... it's nice to see Dorsey feels the same way I do.

This place is rough right now…
And a bye week. It’s gonna be a long fortnight.

And probably a long season. It’s like the stages of acceptance here, but in thread format:
1. The “fire this coach” thread
2. The “give this coach time” thread
3. The “toughness, accountability” thread
4. The “comparison to ex NC head coach record” thread
5. The “I quit as a fan” thread
6. Finally “hope for next year” thread.

We are already at number 6, which is alarming.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back