8-4?

OP, not sure you can hang the ND loss on the offense. When the D gives up 30, allows the game tying touchdown a mere seconds after they've been handed the lead and then allows the game wining field goal drive right afterwards, it's tough to pin that one on the offense. With mediocre offensive play they'd have beaten FSU and UNC though.
The Offense in the first half did absolutely nothing... Any stops the Defense gets, they're immediately put back on the field because the 3 & out Offense couldn't put together a drive to save their life.

The reason why I don't put any of our losses on the Defense, is because the Offense eliminates any positive plays & stops we get on D.

We give opposing Offenses waaaayyy more possessions & opportunities because we can't sustain drives, which makes our Defense incredibly tired from being on the field all game & gets them beaten up worn down, which leads to more injuries.

It's a cumulative effect over time... The more they're on the field, the more they'll get gashed & beat up.

Advertisement
OP, not sure you can hang the ND loss on the offense. When the D gives up 30, allows the game tying touchdown a mere seconds after they've been handed the lead and then allows the game wining field goal drive right afterwards, it's tough to pin that one on the offense. With mediocre offensive play they'd have beaten FSU and UNC though.
The Offense in the first half did absolutely nothing... Any stops the Defense gets, they're immediately put back on the field because the 3 & out Offense couldn't put together a drive to save their life.

The reason why I don't put any of our losses on the Defense, is because the Offense eliminates any positive plays & stops we get on D.

We give opposing Offenses waaaayyy more possessions & opportunities because we can't sustain drives, which makes our Defense incredibly tired from being on the field all game & gets them beaten up worn down, which leads to more injuries.

It's a cumulative effect over time... The more they're on the field, the more they'll get gashed & beat up.

Ive always said this ur defense suffers if u constabtly go three and out. It was why when the going got tough oregon would lose because there d was *** to begi with then there up tempo o went three and out they were gassed

Advertisement
Pitt is the only half-decent team of the bunch. Even considering our recent ineptitude, 3-1 sounds about right.

You're sleeping on NC State.

Nah. Dabo took their souls w that OT win

Dude, you were wrong about UNC, feels like deja vu all over again with your perception on our opponents.

I made exactly one post about UNC, in which I predicted us to beat them in a close game. Instead, UNC won a close one over us. Either you're getting me mixed up with someone else, or you're reading way too much into it.

Pitt is the only half-decent team of the bunch. Even considering our recent ineptitude, 3-1 sounds about right.

Dude, you were wrong about UNC, feels like deja vu all over again with your perception on our opponents.

I made exactly one post about UNC, in which I predicted us to beat them in a close game. Instead, UNC won a close one over us. Either you're getting me mixed up with someone else, or you're reading way too much into it.

I wasn't responding to you.

I wasn't responding to you.

Sorry, dude, my bad.

Advertisement

Maybe some stats will convince you?

What's to convince? We just lost to a horrific ND team. NC State will be tough for us. Miami will be lucky to win that game.

What's to convince? We just lost to a horrific ND team. NC State will be tough for us. Miami will be lucky to win that game.

I thought so after watching them played Clemson. Theyve lost 3 in a row (the last to a horrific bc team), are not favored tomorrow, and then play at Syracuse before us. Could be on a five game losing streak by time we play. You may be correct that we lose. But if we lose, it won't be bc NC State is a good football team.

My point is, hopefully, we recover tomorrow from our own skid. I think we do, win at UVA, and go into Raleigh w some wind at our backs. If so, we should beat them.

/And yes, I probably just jinxed us

I thought so after watching them played Clemson. Theyve lost 3 in a row (the last to a horrific bc team), are not favored tomorrow, and then play at Syracuse before us. Could be on a five game losing streak by time we play. You may be correct that we lose. But if we lose, it won't be bc NC State is a good football team.

My point is, hopefully, we recover tomorrow from our own skid. I think we do, win at UVA, and go into Raleigh w some wind at our backs. If so, we should beat them.

Thanks Fletch. You just fvcked us.

Advertisement

Thanks Fletch. You just fvcked us.

I will not blame our QB for holding the ball too long or calling the wrong play on RPOs
I will not blame our C for being used as a weapon by opposing DTs who throw him at our stoic QB
I will not blame our HC who refuses to try out the only QB on our roster who has beaten a ranked team or start the RB who has a much higher YPC than our current starter

I will shoulder the blame for my jinx

What? The offense scored a measly 20 points. Out of Miami's first five offensive drives, all of them were 5 plays or fewer, and the only one that didn't end with a punt was the 3 play drive ending with an INT that put ND on our 13. The only way Miami scored in the first half was due to a short field after ND fumbled a punt. And once Miami recovered the ensuing onside kick, the offense went on a masterful 5 play, -1 yd drive.

So yes, you **** well hang the ND loss on the offense.

''IF we can figure out a way to actually win this **** game, is there any way possible we go on a run and finish 8-4? ''

I highly doubt it, those games on the road will be too tough for them. I bet 2k to win 7 games early before the season I've already written it off, there is no such thing as a sure bet, lol. I'd say 6-6 at the very best could lose all 4.This team hasn't learned how to win yet.

Advertisement
****, of you guys sound like Al Golden defending hus ****** defense. Does the offense need to score at least 40 for them to not get the blame? What, they weren't using up enough time of possession? The defense was tired because they were scoring too fast?

Advertisement
Back