8/24 - UF's Offensive Personnel and Other Observations

We also vastly underestimated Joe Burrow last year but his 50% comp pct was more than enough. I am however cautiously optimstic as long as we can finally punt the ball further than 20 yards and produce some semblance of an offense we blow the Turds out.

Advertisement
UFs greatest weapon on offense is Dan Mullen.

He is one of the better coaches in the country in calling plays that fit his personnel, and making in game adjustments to what the opposing defense is doing.

He is well aware his Qb is hot garbage (he secretly hates him) and that his OL is a turnstile.

He will efficiently game plan around those gaping defencies and then adjust accordingly and hit us with a heavy dose of Toney.

Franks might not throw the ball more than 15 times against us.

But there might be an additional 5 pass attempts from other players.

UFs offense ain't ****, but we better be ready. Mullen will have a sound plan.

This is what I believe!!! If manny is ready to out-coach him we win. It’s not going to be easy even though we have the better than.

We also vastly underestimated Joe Burrow last year but his 50% comp pct was more than enough. I am however cautiously optimstic as long as we can finally punt the ball further than 20 yards and produce some semblance of an offense we blow the Turds out.
I don't think we necessarily underestimated Burrow that much. Against us, he was 11/24 for 140yds and 0 Tds. He didn't turn the ball over once, which improved his game overall. He was able to make some crucial third-down throws, but that loss was solely due to terrible QB play from Malik and horrendous field position all game. Most of LSU's offense came off a few plays alone.

If Franks' stat line is like the one Burrow had against us last year, we're winning in a blowout. Lamical Perine is a solid RB, but UF doesn't have better guys than the RB's LSU fielded last year.

Burrow wasn't exactly the reason they won.

They need to run the ball and run it very well to win. The only game they won last season with under 200 yards rushing was Mississippi State. That game was 13-6. If Miami can control their ground game and force Franks to beat them through the air, it will be a long day for the gator.

Advertisement
Burrow wasn't exactly the reason they won.
That didnt mean he was reason they won. I meant that him being sh.tty didnt cause them to lose.

Last edited:
I don't think we necessarily underestimated Burrow that much. Against us, he was 11/24 for 140yds and 0 Tds. He didn't turn the ball over once, which improved his game overall. He was able to make some crucial third-down throws, but that loss was solely due to terrible QB play from Malik and horrendous field position all game. Most of LSU's offense came off a few plays alone.

If Franks' stat line is like the one Burrow had against us last year, we're winning in a blowout. Lamical Perine is a solid RB, but UF doesn't have better guys than the RB's LSU fielded last year.
I agree but more so because they dont have the same caliber of defense as LSU.

Comparing Jones, who had Sutcliffe as his QB Coach, to Flop Franks isn’t a true indication of success against the Canes. Jones never had a great game that I recall versus Miami, inept playcalling from Richt coupled with the torrential downpour last year caused us that game versus Duke.

As a Miami team, losing to Duke in a downpour is what makes it even more embarrassing. Kids grow up down here playing in sht like that and we couldn't capitalize.

Kadarius Toney is the key to their Offense, you shut him down you'll shut the whole thing down.
He's definitely a jack of all trades type of player who will run jet sweeps, end-arounds, catch, and also serve as wildcat QB. You think UF tries to get him the ball more behind the line of scrimmage just to get it in his hands, or as a deep threat? His stats from last year are pretty split in terms of rushes vs. receptions.

Advertisement
As a Miami team, losing to Duke in a downpour is what makes it even more embarrassing. Kids grow up down here playing in sht like that and we couldn't capitalize.

Oh I completely agree, was at the game. Luckily under the roof so we did not get wet, and it stopped raining after the game long enough to not get any afterwards as well. It was a miserable performance by Richt play calling wise. We weren’t going to chuck it all over the field throughout the game but there were parts we could’ve capitalized more when the rain either slowed down to a drizzle, or stopped altogether.

From what I remember, LSU controlled the LOS. Both sides of the ball giving Burrow plenty of time to make his reads. Can’t do this against the Gaytor and expect to win.

As you point out, we didn't overestimate him (we thought he sucked and he did) we just overestimated our own offense and kicking game.

Advertisement
As you point out, we didn't overestimate him (we thought he sucked and he did) we just overestimated our own offense and kicking game.
Welp hopefully Franks will at least throw some INTs. Burrow managed to not **** up, which helped contribute to us having sh.tty field position.

Advertisement
Back