2016 commit Dredrick Snelson shows up big on ESPN

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
The stage could not have been any bigger for Dredrick Snelson.

The American Heritage-Plantation junior receiver, and Miami Hurricane commit saw the opportunity and seized the moment.

Snelson was undoubtedly the most valuable player of Sunday's game on ESPN between the American Heritage-Plantation Patriots and the Dwyer Panthers. With a 72-yard touchdown reception right before halftime and a 65-yard touchdown reception late in the third quarter, Snelson had already left his mark on the game. But, he was not done there. Mid-way through the fourth quarter, in a game that had already been decided, Snelson added a 91-yard touchdown reception.

"I think I did real good today, but I can do even better. This is the first time actually exposing my talents. Last year I felt like I didn't get the opportunity. This year I got my chance, so I'm taking advantage of it," said Snelson.

Former Miami Hurricanes star, Mike Rumph, is the head coach of the Patriots and he calls Snelson one of the strongest receivers he has seen.

"D' does a great job in practice for us by just catching the ball with his hands and since he is strong he has a great opportunity to break off a lot of tackles. He busted his butt in the off-season and I can honestly say it is paying off for him now," said Rumph.

Snelson and his team came into this preseason game ranked as the number one team in class 5A in the state of Florida.

"It just felt so great to be (playing) today. You know we had the cameras out here and everything so it was exciting so we carried it on to the field," the Miami commit said of the Patriots 49-23 victory over Dwyer.

However, the Patriots will undoubtedly face their toughest challenge of the season next week as they take on St. Thomas Aquinas at Sun Life Stadium on Friday, August 29.

"We actually have to execute on both sides of the ball real well. Today we slipped up on some plays, but Friday we have to be perfect," said Snelson.

Snelson has been committed to 'The U' since the middle of July and has been actively recruiting for the Hurricanes 2015 and 2016 classes. That of course means Snelson is after his teammate, one of the top athletes in the nation, Torrance Gibson.

"Dredrick is always trying to get me to come join him you know. He is always in my ear telling me about Miami," said Gibson.

While Gibson remains uncommitted, Snelson is loving life as a future Miami Hurricane.

"Life as a 'Cane is great. I've been a 'Cane for the longest and I am going to stay a Miami Hurricane," said Snelson.

Advertisement
The stage could not have been any bigger for Dredrick Snelson.

The American Heritage-Plantation junior receiver, and Miami Hurricane commit saw the opportunity and seized the moment.

Snelson was undoubtedly the most valuable player of Sunday's game on ESPN between the American Heritage-Plantation Patriots and the Dwyer Panthers. With a 72-yard touchdown reception right before halftime and a 65-yard touchdown reception late in the third quarter, Snelson had already left his mark on the game. But, he was not done there. Mid-way through the fourth quarter, in a game that had already been decided, Snelson added a 91-yard touchdown reception.

"I think I did real good today, but I can do even better. This is the first time actually exposing my talents. Last year I felt like I didn't get the opportunity. This year I got my chance, so I'm taking advantage of it," said Snelson.

Former Miami Hurricanes star, Mike Rumph, is the head coach of the Patriots and he calls Snelson one of the strongest receivers he has seen.

"D' does a great job in practice for us by just catching the ball with his hands and since he is strong he has a great opportunity to break off a lot of tackles. He busted his butt in the off-season and I can honestly say it is paying off for him now," said Rumph.

Snelson and his team came into this preseason game ranked as the number one team in class 5A in the state of Florida.

"It just felt so great to be (playing) today. You know we had the cameras out here and everything so it was exciting so we carried it on to the field," the Miami commit said of the Patriots 49-23 victory over Dwyer.

However, the Patriots will undoubtedly face their toughest challenge of the season next week as they take on St. Thomas Aquinas at Sun Life Stadium on Friday, August 29.

"We actually have to execute on both sides of the ball real well. Today we slipped up on some plays, but Friday we have to be perfect," said Snelson.

Snelson has been committed to 'The U' since the middle of July and has been actively recruiting for the Hurricanes 2015 and 2016 classes. That of course means Snelson is after his teammate, one of the top athletes in the nation, Torrance Gibson.

"Dredrick is always trying to get me to come join him you know. He is always in my ear telling me about Miami," said Gibson.

While Gibson remains uncommitted, Snelson is loving life as a future Miami Hurricane.

"Life as a 'Cane is great. I've been a 'Cane for the longest and I am going to stay a Miami Hurricane," said Snelson.

BOOOM!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Reading this all I can think is BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Snelson was always a stud, but he's even more of a beast after single-handedly curb stomping anti-UM corch Jack Daniels on national television.

Thrilled that Snelson's already committed and says he's gonna stay a Cane. Phenomenal talent.

Advertisement
I wasn't downplaying Gibson's throw, it was a good ball....a 72 yard deep ball with 5 seconds left shouldn't happen.

Advertisement
Back