Bradenton, FL (IMG Academy)
Cornerback

Ht 5-10 Wt 168
Age 17 yrs 2 mo
CLASS OF 16

3717407.jpg

Scouting Report: Khalil Ladler – 2016 Cornerback

POSTED ON APRIL 2, 2015 BY JAMIE UYEYAMA

They say iron sharpens iron and I don’t disagree with them. That’s why I have no problem with players heading to IMG Academy to play football from all parts of the country.

Khalil Ladler transferred there from his home in Georgia and is going to get to compete with and against so many other players who will be moving on to the next level, just like him. Where he is at right now is a player is not where he is going to be after being there as a senior and coaches from schools like LSU, Florida State, Georgia, and Tennessee are excited about the kind of cornerback they will be getting if they land Ladler.

1547201.jpg

Height: 5’11”
Weight: 176

Athletic ability/measurables
Ladler has solid size for the position, but doesn’t appear to have great length. He is a smooth athlete that changes directions well. He has very good speed.

Skills/technique
I’m really impressed with what I saw with Ladler’s footwork. He transitions well and is quick out of his breaks. He does a good job of tracking the ball when it’s in the air and shows good ball skills.

He played a lot of off coverage where he was bailing so I did not get to see him press at the line. I would have liked to see what he could do in that area. I would like to see him in more coverage situations to get a better evaluation of him. He’ll be at The Opening finals in July so he’ll get a chance to show what he can do then.

He’s a willing tackler that is more physical than his size, but sometimes takes poor angles when attacking. He shows good instincts to try and strip the football when he tracks down players in the open field.

Ladler plays with a little bit of an edge to his game and that’s nice to see. He does well getting off blocks to pursue the ball.

Scheme fit
Even though he’s not the biggest player at the position, I see him as more of boundary corner based on the film I’ve seen.

Potential
As I mentioned at the top of this post, I would expect he improves a lot as a senior simply by being around and competing with so many great players and he’ll obviously receiver good coaching as well. He’s just scratching the surface as to what kind of corner he is going to be and has the tools to develop into a very good starter at the college level.

Recruiting Site Position Position Rank Stars
Rivals CB 5 4
Scout CB 29 4
247 Sports CB 11 4
ESPN CB 8 4

He is supposed to make a decision soon.

247 Predictions

Funny how 2 of the 3 most recent predictions are the FSU insider and LSU insider picking him to go Miami. We should find out soon.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Following the conclusion of The Opening, we continue our rankings updates with the running backs.

Moving Up
*Miami commit Travis Homer as a three-star on 247Sports but he's been upgraded to a 4-star with a 91 grade following The Opening. We liked Homer coming into the event so as long as he checked out, a four-star upgrade was likely. He's got outstanding speed and he logged a 40-inch vertical in the testing portion. What made those numbers even more impressive though is that they translated well to the field and to drills. With the ball in his hands he looked like one of the fastest backs at the event and was able to out-run angles and make big plays out of the backfield.

Zach McCloud has been nominated for the High School Butkus award watch list.

Advertisement
Zach McCloud has been nominated for the High School Butkus award watch list.

Actually a correction this.

The Trio is on the Butkus Award Watch List.

Zach McCloud, Michael Pinckney and Shaq Quarterman all nominated.

2015 High School Watchlist

Only 50 LBs nominated in the whole country for the award.

Last edited:
Advertisement
grantinaid.jpg

Miami signs 3 recruits to grant-in-aid agreements
By - Associated Press - Saturday, August 1, 2015

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) - Miami signed prominent recruits Jack Allison, Shaquille Quarterman and Michael Pinckney to grant-in-aid agreements Saturday.

Allison is a quarterback from Palmetto High who was an Under Armour All-American after throwing for 18 touchdowns as a junior and is generally considered one of the top recruits at his position nationally this year.

Quarterman is a linebacker from Oakleaf High in Orange Park. He was a first-team Class 7A player after piling up 137 tackles as a junior, and has 311 tackles in his high school career so far.

Pinckney is a linebacker from Raines High in Jacksonville, a first-team Class 4A All-State player last year after recording 75 tackles. His signing was announced late Saturday night, after Allison and Quarterman signed earlier in the day.

Grant-in-aid agreements do not bind athletes to a school like letters of intent do, but rather reaffirm a school’s commitment and scholarship offer to a prospect.

In turn, Allison said he wanted other recruits to see how committed he was to the Hurricanes.

“It’s such a relief to know that I have a place to be, and it’s a great place to be,” Allison told The Associated Press.

Most recruiting sites list Miami’s group of 2016 commitments among the best in the country, and Allison said he hopes that those who have already said they will be joining the Hurricanes don’t waver.

“Once The U starts getting better, everyone in the nation will want to be here,” Allison said.

Miami opens its fall practice schedule Thursday morning. Letters of intent can be signed on Feb. 3, though some members of the recruiting class will likely enroll at Miami in January.

proxy.php

Last edited:
grantinaid.jpg

Miami signs 3 recruits to grant-in-aid agreements
By - Associated Press - Saturday, August 1, 2015

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) - Miami signed prominent recruits Jack Allison, Shaquille Quarterman and Michael Pinckney to grant-in-aid agreements Saturday.

Allison is a quarterback from Palmetto High who was an Under Armour All-American after throwing for 18 touchdowns as a junior and is generally considered one of the top recruits at his position nationally this year.

Quarterman is a linebacker from Oakleaf High in Orange Park. He was a first-team Class 7A player after piling up 137 tackles as a junior, and has 311 tackles in his high school career so far.

Pinckney is a linebacker from Raines High in Jacksonville, a first-team Class 4A All-State player last year after recording 75 tackles. His signing was announced late Saturday night, after Allison and Quarterman signed earlier in the day.

Grant-in-aid agreements do not bind athletes to a school like letters of intent do, but rather reaffirm a school’s commitment and scholarship offer to a prospect.

In turn, Allison said he wanted other recruits to see how committed he was to the Hurricanes.

“It’s such a relief to know that I have a place to be, and it’s a great place to be,” Allison told The Associated Press.

Most recruiting sites list Miami’s group of 2016 commitments among the best in the country, and Allison said he hopes that those who have already said they will be joining the Hurricanes don’t waver.

“Once The U starts getting better, everyone in the nation will want to be here,” Allison said.

Miami opens its fall practice schedule Thursday morning. Letters of intent can be signed on Feb. 3, though some members of the recruiting class will likely enroll at Miami in January.

proxy.php

Anyone noticed that we don't have one offensive linemen committed yet?

Advertisement
Years ago, back in Kosar, Vinny days, my wife noted that a lot of good QB's seem to have big beak for a nose and close set eyes. Not the normal measurable but seemed to true a lot. I notice Jack has that face -- long nose and close set eyes. Maybe they help them aim the ball, I don't know. But the wife was a cheerleader so I figure she knew. Plus she was a truly hot model so I took it my pillar of truth. Based on that wisdom, Jack is the man.

Anyone noticed that we don't have one offensive linemen committed yet?

Yeah, I also noticed we have 16 on scholarship with only 3 upperclassmen this year and only 1 graduating, oh yeah we took 6 in 2015 & 5 in 2014...

HurricaneWarriors.com - Depth Chart 2015

We should take only 1-2 OL in this class and they better be elite and ready to compete or they will sit for the next 3-4 years and risk getting passed over by guys like Donaldson in 2017. Our OL is young but very talented.

Last edited:
Advertisement
3442422.jpg

G: Jawaan Taylor - 8/22/15 (hudl | 247 | Scout | Rivals | Twitter | ESPN |2/26/15)

1507422.jpg

Jawaan Taylor
Cocoa, FL (Cocoa)
Offensive Tackle

Ht 6-5 Wt 350
Age 17 yrs 9 mo
CLASS OF 16

Miami adds three-star commit
Ryan Bartow - 8 hours ago 16

(Photo: Keith Niebuhr , 247Sports)
Offensive lineman Jawaan Taylor (Cocoa, Fla.) has verbally committed to Miami, confirmed by his high school John Wilkinson.

Taylor confirmed the commit.

"I chose Miami cause I feel I can come in and play early," Taylor said. "They all welcomed me with open arms."

Taylor (6-5, 350) chose Miami over 11 other claimed offers.

The three-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 84 offensive tackle and the No. 128 prospect in the 2016 prospect in the 2016 class by the 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.com.

JAWAAN-TAYLOR-140324-PRO.JPG

CNDhx4XVEAAbN9c.jpg

CMU2u0vWIAAKtPA.jpg
Jawaan M. Taylor ‏@jawaan_taylor74 Aug 13
I'm now Height: 6'5 Weight: 330 This is my transformation! ������������������������

CLICK TO ENLARGE IMAGE

Last edited:
The three-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 84 offensive tackle and the No. 128 prospect in the 2016 class by the 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.com.

Someone please 'splain the math on this one to me. #84 OT and #128 overall? That's a lot of tackles in the top 128 it would seem.

Advertisement
Back