Shaq Still 100% Committed After Visits to Auburn & Florida

UknowWhat

Senior
Shaq participated in Dawg Night at UGA on Jul 18th and Auburn Camp on Jul 19th. At UGA Shaq was under the Radar the visit was uneventful with the exeception of Shaq getting a chance to me a old friend of mine and former University of Miami Safety Darrell Fullington (whom was excited about Shaq's commitment to the U) The coaches at UGA may not have known that Shaq was in attendance or maybe they have lost interest in him. Then on to Auburn where Shaq was met with all the recruiting fanfare. It seemed that every coach of the staff at Auburn knew Shaq and loved up on him... they also knew that he had recently committed to Miami... some joked with him but, the overall sentiment was his commitment didn't mean that they were gonna stop recruiting him. As a matter of fact that was a quote from Gus Malzahn. Shaq performed well in the Showcase at Auburn and at the end of the camp Ellis Johnson Auburn's DC walked us from the stadium to our car giving advice on how Shaq could sharping his skill. I have to admit that Auburn has a knack for making you feel at home and wanted.

On Jul 25th Shaq participated in Florida's Friday Night Lights. Like at UGA we didn't announce our plans to attend (Auburn new we were coming), but unlike UGA Florida's staff quickly picked up Shaq's presents on campus then he immediately started getting the special recruit attention. Shaq and his teammate DeAndre Steelman had an excellent camp. I realize that I"m a bit bias (but extremely critical) but they looked to be among the best at the Camp. They both had at least 6 pass defends in what I feel is a very unfair RB vs LB pass skills and their footwork and bag skills put them both IMO in the top 5 LBs there. Shaq had one play that was perfect... even caught the attention of DJ Durkins UF's DC... who went up to Shaq after the play and jokingly said if Shaq wasn't a UM commit he would give him an atta boi... Muschamp gave the same speech as Malzhan... because you are committed doesn't mean UF will stop their recruiting efforts...He went on to say they still had 18 months.

While at the camp Shaq took several interviews and a common statement in all the interviews and One on Ones with the coaches was he was 100% committed to the University of Miami.. (almost to honest imo, but he told me its the truth... should I lie?... and I said no)

I met one of Mike Pinkney's coaches at Friday Night Lights and I told him I wanted to introduce Mike and Shaq to each other... His coach informed me that he wasn't at the camp, because he (Mike Pinkney) considered it dis-loyal to his commitment to the University of Miami...to visit with another school... I thought some of the fans here would like that....

I told Shaq... that he couldn't make the best decision if he doesn't know all his choices. Shaq's top three are 1.UM (Committed) 2.AU and 3. UF... and honestly the AU coaching staff has loved up on him the most, Auburn's facilities and dormitories are the nicest and our visit there was during the amazing Iron Bowl... but still Shaq chose the University of Miami... after all of that... there is nothing more a school could do to attract a recruit. There is only one school that can change Shaq's mind about playing for the University of Miami... and that is the University of Miami. (P.S he can't wait until he has a chance to play against FSU)

I'm a very proud parents... my wife and I (and the rest of our family) have done a good job raising Shaq, (BUT..it has been the Lords blessing that has brought him to this point)... Shaq has done a great job of responding to our raising... Shaq is very coach-able and responsible... When we were at Miami Shaq was 6'1 238lbs... Coach Golden told him that he could perform better at 230 or maybe 225. He has been on a diet ever since and stepped up his workouts. When we arrived for Friday Night Lights (3 weeks later) Shaq was 6'1 and 227 pounds... He looked at me and said I only have two more pounds to go.

You guys can't imagine my excitement and anticipation to see Shaq in a Hurricane Uniform.

May the Lord continue to bless us and allow Shaq to be apart of the U's rise back to Greatness.

Advertisement
Shaq participated in Dawg Night at UGA on Jul 18th and Auburn Camp on Jul 19th. At UGA Shaq was under the Radar the visit was uneventful with the exeception of Shaq getting a chance to me a old friend of mine and former University of Miami Safety Darrell Fullington (whom was excited about Shaq's commitment to the U) The coaches at UGA may not have known that Shaq was in attendance or maybe they have lost interest in him. Then on to Auburn where Shaq was met with all the recruiting fanfare. It seemed that every coach of the staff at Auburn knew Shaq and loved up on him... they also knew that he had recently committed to Miami... some joked with him but, the overall sentiment was his commitment didn't mean that they were gonna stop recruiting him. As a matter of fact that was a quote from Gus Malzahn. Shaq performed well in the Showcase at Auburn and at the end of the camp Ellis Johnson Auburn's DC walked us from the stadium to our car giving advice on how Shaq could sharping his skill. I have to admit that Auburn has a knack for making you feel at home and wanted.

On Jul 25th Shaq participated in Florida's Friday Night Lights. Like at UGA we didn't announce our plans to attend (Auburn new we were coming), but unlike UGA Florida's staff quickly picked up Shaq's presents on campus then he immediately started getting the special recruit attention. Shaq and his teammate DeAndre Steelman had an excellent camp. I realize that I"m a bit bias (but extremely critical) but they looked to be among the best at the Camp. They both had at least 6 pass defends in what I feel is a very unfair RB vs LB pass skills and their footwork and bag skills put them both IMO in the top 5 LBs there. Shaq had one play that was perfect... even caught the attention of DJ Durkins UF's DC... who went up to Shaq after the play and jokingly said if Shaq wasn't a UM commit he would give him an atta boi... Muschamp gave the same speech as Malzhan... because you are committed doesn't mean UF will stop their recruiting efforts...He went on to say they still had 18 months.

While at the camp Shaq took several interviews and a common statement in all the interviews and One on Ones with the coaches was he was 100% committed to the University of Miami.. (almost to honest imo, but he told me its the truth... should I lie?... and I said no)

I met one of Mike Pinkney's coaches at Friday Night Lights and I told him I wanted to introduce Mike and Shaq to each other... His coach informed me that he wasn't at the camp, because he (Mike Pinkney) considered it dis-loyal to his commitment to the University of Miami...to visit with another school... I thought some of the fans here would like that....

I told Shaq... that he couldn't make the best decision if he doesn't know all his choices. Shaq's top three are 1.UM (Committed) 2.AU and 3. UF... and honestly the AU coaching staff has loved up on him the most, Auburn's facilities and dormitories are the nicest and our visit there was during the amazing Iron Bowl... but still Shaq chose the University of Miami... after all of that... there is nothing more a school could do to attract a recruit. There is only one school that can change Shaq's mind about playing for the University of Miami... and that is the University of Miami. (P.S he can't wait until he has a chance to play against FSU)

I'm a very proud parents... my wife and I (and the rest of our family) have done a good job raising Shaq, (BUT..it has been the Lords blessing that has brought him to this point)... Shaq has done a great job of responding to our raising... Shaq is very coach-able and responsible... When we were at Miami Shaq was 6'1 238lbs... Coach Golden told him that he could perform better at 230 or maybe 225. He has been on a diet ever since and stepped up his workouts. When we arrived for Friday Night Lights (3 weeks later) Shaq was 6'1 and 227 pounds... He looked at me and said I only have two more pounds to go.

You guys can't imagine my excitement and anticipation to see Shaq in a Hurricane Uniform.

May the Lord continue to bless us and allow Shaq to be apart of the U's rise back to Greatness.

lovely story my friend LETS GO CANES

Advertisement
Thanks for the rundown, Mr. Q! We appreciate the peak behind the curtain, so to speak. Sounds like Shaq showed out, no surprise there. Love his attitude.

Can't wait for him to get here. We need backers, and he can be a special one.

Advertisement
Thank you sir for the great write up. Can't wait to see your son coming out of that smoke. Canes all day baby!

I love Shaq and it seems like you and your wife have done an outstanding job raising him. Can't wait to see him in a Canes uniform. You should be very proud.

Thanks for the write up. Any info on other players that attended the camps? Who looked good and so forth...

Advertisement
422.gif

OP,
Thank you for sharing. You must be so excited to have a young man that is accountable, ambitious, and looking for success in life!

All the best to you and your family the rest of the way. As a Canes fan, I can't wait to see your son wearing The U on his helmet!

Advertisement
OP might be my most favorite poster ever. Its about time Miami got lucky with one of these types.

Advertisement
Back