Sam Bruce Announcement Thread

TheU1984

All ACC
Ain't that tonight? Rivals article basically says he's committing to us. What changed so drastically?

Advertisement
Ain't that tonight? Rivals article basically says he's committing to us. What changed so drastically?

4 star and top 10 QB Jack Allison along with 4 star Dionte Mullins, Shaq Quartermen, Snelson coming this week changed his mind.. 2016 class is looking like 2008 with a number 1 ranking... Also with Scarlett feeling us and the STA connection we have with the coaches there Bruce changed his tune with UM very fast..

If Bruce picks FSU then rivals and Gary Ferman are gonna get so much hate again lol.....

Advertisement
Its basically a bunch of local coaches comparing him to former Canes and what kind of talent he is. Nothing insightful about where he is going to pick.

Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas High School Class of 2016 WR Sam Bruce is expected to announce his Miami Hurricanes commitment on Tuesday night.

So just what kind of talent would Bruce bring to Coral Gables if he does indeed choose Miami?

Perhaps nobody knows better than the coaches he played against last year when Bruce was at University School.

A sample of their thoughts:

* Miami Booker T. Washington coach Tim Harris Jr. (Booker T. won that playoff game, 45-17): "I think he's a great player. Guys with his size and stature people say they're undersized, but the kid competes so hard and plays so hard, with so much passion. His heart is so big. I look at a clip from when we played them and at halftime you see the passion with him being a sophomore at that time he was getting on everyone, telling them to step up, make a run to come back on us."

Harris says because his DB's didn't match up with Bruce athletically that they game planned him by putting their most athletic wide receiver on Bruce in that game.

"And (Bruce) had to play both ways, started cramping toward the end of the game," Harris said.

The comparison: "You look at similarities with Santana Moss, the skill set to make a big play at any time if you slip up and let him get by you," Harris said.

* Miami Central High School coach Roland Smith (Central won, 28-3): "He's a very explosive player for a player of his size, has strong hands. He gets in and out of his breaks on his routes real good. He made a play on the sideline against us where he jumped over one of our players like he was on the hurdles, was so high on the sideline which I hadn't seen on the high school level all year long. He had the ball and he just hurdled my player trying to tackle him, it was unbelievable, and landed on his feet."

Smith adds that "Miami would be getting a very explosive player that can score from anywhere on the field. Anytime he gets the ball in his hands you have to hold your breath because he can take it to the house."

The comparison: He's not as fast as (former Cane) Kevin Williams but is built like him and is explosive like him," Smith said

* Weston (FL) Cypress Bay High School's Mark Guandolo (his team lost to University, 37-7): "I also watched him on film and at camps and man, he's just a great athlete, good speed, runs great routes, real strong hands too. He's very smooth. He's going to be a great one. (If he goes to Miami) they'll use him on screens, going deep, the vertical game."

The comparison: "He could be a little like Michael Irvin - Irvin was a little taller. but he's a physical kid and Mike was physical," Guandolo said.

* Ft. Lauderdale (FL) Boyd Anderson High School coach Wayne Blair (University won that game 50-0): "I've known Sam since he was in diapers - his mom used to work for my brother. He's a very good player, from a good family. He's a good character kid. One thing that sticks out about him is his explosiveness. He catches the ball and has great vision and great speed. He has all of the tools and a pretty darn good knowledge of the game. You intertwine all those things together and you make yourself "SuperSam." That's what I'm going to call him from now on."

The comparison: "He reminds me of Steve Smith from the Carolina Panthers, a younger Steve Smith going across the middle, returning kicks, punts," Blair said. "You name it, the kid can do it. He's athletic enough that you can probably put him on defense and there wouldn't be any falloff."

* Bradenton (FL) Manatee High School defensive coordinator Jim Phelan (his team won when a fourth down pass to Bruce was knocked down): "He's a **** good receiver. He caught seven balls for 107 yards against us. He's got all the tools to succeed at the next level, is a very good player."

The comparison: "He's like Ace Sanders who went to South Carolina, is with Jacksonville," Phelan said. "He's not as strong as Ace, maybe a little smaller, but similar in how he plays. He's a quick little guy in and out of his cuts."

* Coconut Creek (FL) North Broward Prep coach Rex Nottage (University won 63-0): "He's the real deal, did well against us. Even just watching him when we were scouting him, he's every special. He's definitely a game-changer."

The comparison: "I would go along the lines of Santana Moss if anything because of his speed," Nottage said.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas High School Class of 2016 WR Sam Bruce is expected to announce his Miami Hurricanes commitment on Tuesday night.

So just what kind of talent would Bruce bring to Coral Gables if he does indeed choose Miami?

Perhaps nobody knows better than the coaches he played against last year when Bruce was at University School.

A sample of their thoughts:

* Miami Booker T. Washington coach Tim Harris Jr. (Booker T. won that playoff game, 45-17): "I think he's a great player. Guys with his size and stature people say they're undersized, but the kid competes so hard and plays so hard, with so much passion. His heart is so big. I look at a clip from when we played them and at halftime you see the passion with him being a sophomore at that time he was getting on everyone, telling them to step up, make a run to come back on us."

Harris says because his DB's didn't match up with Bruce athletically that they game planned him by putting their most athletic wide receiver on Bruce in that game.

"And (Bruce) had to play both ways, started cramping toward the end of the game," Harris said.

The comparison: "You look at similarities with Santana Moss, the skill set to make a big play at any time if you slip up and let him get by you," Harris said.

* Miami Central High School coach Roland Smith (Central won, 28-3): "He's a very explosive player for a player of his size, has strong hands. He gets in and out of his breaks on his routes real good. He made a play on the sideline against us where he jumped over one of our players like he was on the hurdles, was so high on the sideline which I hadn't seen on the high school level all year long. He had the ball and he just hurdled my player trying to tackle him, it was unbelievable, and landed on his feet."

Smith adds that "Miami would be getting a very explosive player that can score from anywhere on the field. Anytime he gets the ball in his hands you have to hold your breath because he can take it to the house."

The comparison: He's not as fast as (former Cane) Kevin Williams but is built like him and is explosive like him," Smith said

* Weston (FL) Cypress Bay High School's Mark Guandolo (his team lost to University, 37-7): "I also watched him on film and at camps and man, he's just a great athlete, good speed, runs great routes, real strong hands too. He's very smooth. He's going to be a great one. (If he goes to Miami) they'll use him on screens, going deep, the vertical game."

The comparison: "He could be a little like Michael Irvin - Irvin was a little taller. but he's a physical kid and Mike was physical," Guandolo said.

* Ft. Lauderdale (FL) Boyd Anderson High School coach Wayne Blair (University won that game 50-0): "I've known Sam since he was in diapers - his mom used to work for my brother. He's a very good player, from a good family. He's a good character kid. One thing that sticks out about him is his explosiveness. He catches the ball and has great vision and great speed. He has all of the tools and a pretty darn good knowledge of the game. You intertwine all those things together and you make yourself "SuperSam." That's what I'm going to call him from now on."

The comparison: "He reminds me of Steve Smith from the Carolina Panthers, a younger Steve Smith going across the middle, returning kicks, punts," Blair said. "You name it, the kid can do it. He's athletic enough that you can probably put him on defense and there wouldn't be any falloff."

* Bradenton (FL) Manatee High School defensive coordinator Jim Phelan (his team won when a fourth down pass to Bruce was knocked down): "He's a **** good receiver. He caught seven balls for 107 yards against us. He's got all the tools to succeed at the next level, is a very good player."

The comparison: "He's like Ace Sanders who went to South Carolina, is with Jacksonville," Phelan said. "He's not as strong as Ace, maybe a little smaller, but similar in how he plays. He's a quick little guy in and out of his cuts."

* Coconut Creek (FL) North Broward Prep coach Rex Nottage (University won 63-0): "He's the real deal, did well against us. Even just watching him when we were scouting him, he's every special. He's definitely a game-changer."
The comparison: "I would go along the lines of Santana Moss if anything because of his speed," Nottage said.

476.gif

Advertisement
Now Mullins is scheduled to join the same show to discuss his own commitment to the Canes... Hmmmm

@larryblustein: MONSTER AUTONATION SPORTS REPORT TUESDAY NIGHT 9-10 on WQAM (560 AM). @_QUICK6 makes his decision. @dionte_mullins8 talks about his!

didn't this kid used to talk shmack about us or was that someone else...either way the switch of bruce and scarlett from u school to STA has clearly helped us. **** STA is stacked this year, those two plus causey, deviant peete, and bosa...god ****

didn't this kid used to talk shmack about us or was that someone else...either way the switch of bruce and scarlett from u school to STA has clearly helped us. **** STA is stacked this year, those two plus causey, deviant peete, and bosa...god ****

Don't remember him talking smack, remember him saying he liked F$U a lot, but that was months ago and he seems to have come back around to the U.

Advertisement
Back