RB situation

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
We have seen this scenario developing over the last couple weeks and there is some confusion over what is happening so I am going to post what I know at this time.

First, with Jordan Cronkrite - any speculation that he is "demanding" that only 2 backs be taken is completely false. Since the first day Miami began recruiting him, the staff has told him that there would be 2 RBs in the class. Obviously right now there are 3 committed, but I don't think Williams is as big of an issue because it has been explained to Cronkrite that both will be used on the field at the same time. I have posted a few times that Williams will play a lot of receiver. Miami will need his speed on the field. Walton was a surprise to all, but that is recruiting. I still would not count out Walton having difficulty getting in right off the bat.

Now, with Scarlett - it is no secret that the staff has made him a top priority since early in the process and I am told that the Canes look very good for him right now. Miami has had a quiet confidence about him for months. I don't know if he is close to committing or if Miami will still lead a month from now, but that is where things stand there.

As was reported in the Herald story last night, it is likely that Cronkrite would decommit if Scarlett jumps on board. I know a lot of you would say "he is scared of competition", but this is more about the principle of him being told something for months and that scenario not coming to light.

From Cronkrite's POV, it is easy to see why that could be upsetting. He wants to be here, but he also needs to look out for his best interests.

Miami coaches are doing their job and recruiting the best available talent in their home ground, but now it is also up to them to sort the situation out and keep as many people happy as possible.

Advertisement
STA is the most talented team in the country right now and have produced more NFL players than anyone else.....

Just the reality of recruiting a bunch of elite talents at the same position and they all happen to want to play for you. Seems like a great position to be in, but as we see it can be an issue also. Easy to flip a guy when he can go to another big time program and be the primary at his position for his class.

Advertisement
If Williams decommits like many expect him to do, I see us being able to get the other 3 without JC complaining

It is definitely a great spot for Miami to be in. Just have to make sure they keep who they REALLY want, whoever that may be.

There are enough carries for all of them, we just needs to start averaging 40pts a game and everyone will get their touches.

Go Canes

I just can't see Golden turning down an elite RB after being left at the alter and having to scramble for scraps some many times since he's been here. Can't please everybody, but there's no way you stop recruiting top talent, look at how our season went after Duke went down. We need more elite RBs, period.

Advertisement
Anyone who thinks that our staff is doing any lying that isn't par for the course for Urban Meyer or Nick Saban needs to wake the **** up.

Interested in knowing who the MUST gets out of the crop and how we manage the collateral damage if any

Basically JC expects the staff to say thanks but no thanks to Scarlett.

The staff supposed to say no to a talent like Scarlett?!

It's all pathetic.

IMO you take Scarlett bc of Walton's reclassify unknown and the possibility of Dex flipping.

The staff is not going to get caught with their pants down.

A highly probable scenario- Scarlett commits... JC walks. Dex flips and Walton doesn't reclassify. We would be stuck with 1 RB!!

Taking Scarlett guarantees having at least 1 back. Then you just hope Dex stays true.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Our "most secure" RB commit last year was Yearby, and he almost bailed at the last second for ******* US ******* F. Powell was a "great kid with a good head on his shoulders" who bailed at the last second to go to UiF.

**** "secure", keep stacking chips.

I like cronkrite a lot but IMO Scarlett is better than all three back we have committed. Kid runs like a bull and is fast

Scarlett and Williams are the top 2. Walton perhaps if he can reclassify but highly unlikely in my opinion...

Advertisement
Back