75 Zalon'tae Hillery

Advertisement
We may be sleeping on this kid. He might win that LT spot by end of Spring. Heard he was doing great against our number one defense last year. Him and Gaynor coming, I don't think this is Gaynors year this year but glad we got him though.
We may be sleeping on this kid. He might win that LT spot by end of Spring. Heard he was doing great against our number one defense last year. Him and Gaynor coming, I don't think this is Gaynors year this year but glad we got him though.

I think he will be a very good player, I also believe that he will win the LT spot.

I think he'll be the starting RT, I got St. Louis at LT this season he's been our best OT since Richt got here.

I was super high on Hillery in the 2017 class I liked him more than Herbert. I remember when it was coming down to the wire & he was still taking visits late to Kentucky, Duke & few other schools I was so glad we kept him. Kid has crazy upside.

My guess for the line going into Fall camp
LT - St. Louis
LG - Delone Scaife
C - Gauthier
RG - Donaldson
RT - Hillery

I think Cleveland Reed will get plenty of snaps at LG/RG as well, I think him & Scaife will be competing for the LG spot. I think Gaynor will be backup Center to Gauthier or a backup Guard too. Plus we get Boulware in the fall who is an interior lineman as well.

I think he'll be the starting RT, I got St. Louis at LT this season he's been our best OT since Richt got here. My guess for the line going into Fall camp
LT - St. Louis
LG - Delone Scaife
C - Gauthier
RG - Donaldson
RT - Hillery
Spot on as always LCE. I've been under the impression that this will be the line up as well. Gaynor is the wildcard for me. I wasn't sure if Scaife, being a true freshman, would hold him off. However, I think Scaife is vastly underrated! He will be this year's version of Donaldson. Nonetheless, I think Gaynor will get a ton of snaps between guard and center.

Advertisement
I know people are penciling St. Louis to LT after 3 years at RT, but is the transition that simple??

I know people are penciling St. Louis to LT after 3 years at RT, but is the transition that simple??
McDermott came in as a LG, he played Guard & RT his Sophomore year, then in 2016 transitioned to LT.

St. Louis might stick at RT & that would be fine because he's done a great job there, but as of now he's the best Tackle we got, so it's not that far fetched to think he'll play LT. Searels is at least gonna give him a shot at this Spring.

Spot on as always LCE. I've been under the impression that this will be the line up as well. Gaynor is the wildcard for me. I wasn't sure if Scaife, being a true freshman, would hold him off. However, I think Scaife is vastly underrated! He will be this year's version of Donaldson. Nonetheless, I think Gaynor will get a ton of snaps between guard and center.
Scaife was the best lineman in Dade last year, kid has 5-star talent & dominated every camp he went to. He also excelled playing OT too, Idk if Searels will let him play Tackle this Spring, but he can play literally all 5 spots on the line.

The fact he's an EE puts him in prime position to start imo, similar to how it was with Donaldson being an EE last year. Scaife imo is more polished than Donaldson was coming out of HS & Donaldson was a Frosh All-American.

I could be 100% wrong, but I think Scaife will be a Freshman starter this year. But we have a ton of options for that LG spot with Scaife, Reed, Gaynor & Boulware.

Advertisement
Scaife was the best lineman in Dade last year, kid has 5-star talent & dominated every camp he went to. He also excelled playing OT too, Idk if Searels will let him play Tackle this Spring, but he can play literally all 5 spots on the line.

The fact he's an EE puts him in prime position to start imo, similar to how it was with Donaldson being an EE last year. Scaife imo is more polished than Donaldson was coming out of HS & Donaldson was a Frosh All-American.

I could be 100% wrong, but I think Scaife will be a Freshman starter this year. But we have a ton of options for that LG spot with Scaife, Reed, Gaynor & Boulware.

I would rarher Leave him at RT and keep that side of the line in tact instead of hoping he transitions to LT and hoping someone else can play RT as effective

Starting to look like a dominate P5 oline. If Hillery turnsout to be special we might be neck and neck w Clemson for best oline in the conference. Btw scaife reed n gaynor are nasty *** interior lineman. Dnt sleep on that walk on Moose w.e. he's nasty too. Add Neal and a couple more monsters in 2019 and we will be scary.

I remember just two years ago when our OLine was a disaster and the worst unit of our team by far. We're not quite there yet, but I really like what should be our two-deep next year. Should be the best we've had in a long time.

Add in the guys we are chasing for 2019, and I think we'll be set.

Now if we can just focus on the DLine and bring that back into shape, we will be back where we should be in terms of elite talent up and down the roster. Hopefully, 2019 solves our problems.

Excited to see if Hillery can secure one of the tackle jobs. Also interested to see if Herbert can secure himself some playing time backing up either spot. Tre Johnson, George Brown, and John Campbell are the only other pure tackles. He's had his redshirt season; it's time to start contributing. If neither Hillery nor Herbert steps up, the line will be forced into some uncomfortable adjustments.

Advertisement

Scaife IMO is our best and most important recruit. The kid is a natural and just gets after it.

I think he'll be the starting RT, I got St. Louis at LT this season he's been our best OT since Richt got here.

I was super high on Hillery in the 2017 class I liked him more than Herbert. I remember when it was coming down to the wire & he was still taking visits late to Kentucky, Duke & few other schools I was so glad we kept him. Kid has crazy upside.

My guess for the line going into Fall camp
LT - St. Louis
LG - Delone Scaife
C - Gauthier
RG - Donaldson
RT - Hillery

I think Cleveland Reed will get plenty of snaps at LG/RG as well, I think him & Scaife will be competing for the LG spot. I think Gaynor will be backup Center to Gauthier or a backup Guard too. Plus we get Boulware in the fall who is an interior lineman as well.
A lot of what we do on the OL depends on what happens with St. Louis. Like if he switches to LT, I think theres a good chance that Donaldson could kick out to RT too....if Herbert or Hillery aren't ready. Anyways I'm thinking:

LT: Herbert or Hillery > St Louis > Campbell
LG: Boulware > Gauthier > Scaife > Gaynor
C: Gauthier > Gaynor > Dykstra
RG: Donaldson > Mahoney > Scaife or Reed
RT: St. Louis > Hebert or Hillery > Donaldson > Brown jr > Campbell

So I think this is what our depth chart will essentially be, and you can even see how things change when a guy gets injured. The only thing is, we might not want to actually mess with the Center. Like we might want whoever is center to stay as center all yr no matter what injuries happen to the OGs. Like it might be better to leave Gauthier at C, and just put scaife in or even kick Gaynor out to LG, if scaife isn't ready.

Advertisement
I remember just two years ago when our OLine was a disaster and the worst unit of our team by far. We're not quite there yet, but I really like what should be our two-deep next year. Should be the best we've had in a long time.

Add in the guys we are chasing for 2019, and I think we'll be set.

Now if we can just focus on the DLine and bring that back into shape, we will be back where we should be in terms of elite talent up and down the roster. Hopefully, 2019 solves our problems.
Yea man it was crazy the hand mark richt was dealt .. But he's making the most of it that's for sure

I don't think St. Louis has the feet to play LT, where he'll be going against speed rushers more often.

came to my job the other day HUGEEEEE MAN (no homo). Largest man I have seen in person other than James Johnson

Very coachable as evident by his time at Paradise. Plays angry w athleticism. I like him a lot, and feel he has a bright future.

Annnd not to hijack the thread, but the NYG signing Solder to play LT, it may have saved and resurrected Flowers career as he now go back to his natural position of RT.

Advertisement
Back