Uniforms

The Dude

Junior
Since we are approaching the launch of the new uniform design, and I wanted to get everyone's opinion on what they would and would not like to see in the new design.

We have all heard the "don't touch the helmet", "black cleats" crew, so please don't clutter the thread with those responses.

I am speaking more in terms of aesthetically, what would you like to see? Feel free to post pictures of elements you would use from other teams, college or pro.

I, for one, want to see something new and fresh. As much as I am a traditionalist, I understand the importance of appealing to the youth and creating an recruiting edge by appealing to their fashion senses.

Anything that will help me forget about the stink around this program for the last 10 years.

Advertisement
Black cleats. Black socks. Hopefully this helps.

Here is a visual aid...

182.jpg

Last edited:
It'll never happen, but I would literally do anything to have to 2000-2004 unis back. They were so ****** nice.

it will get turned into another realist vs. idealist thread.

i'm not blaming either side. it's just that the start of the next season is way too far out.

that said, I'm excited as long as the helmets from Louisville/V Tech game were destroyed for ever.

if we wear those helmets for an entire season, i'm dropping out of um.

Advertisement
it will get turned into another realist vs. idealist thread.

i'm not blaming either side. it's just that the start of the next season is way too far out.

that said, I'm excited as long as the helmets from Louisville/V Tech game were destroyed for ever.

if we wear those helmets for an entire season, i'm dropping out of um.

It was nice to have known you

Every jersey design we've had has been pimped out to hundreds of college and high school teams shortly after we've gotten them.

As much as I liked some of the past jerseys, it was a major buzz kill seeing everyone from New Mexico State to Old Dominion to local high schools wearing them.

I want Nike to give us our own unique jersey design and stop using our 'updates' just to push their product design. If they can't do that, I want our pre-2000 jerseys back with modern material.

Advertisement
All 1999 jerseys and combinations.

Don't **** with the helmet. Get rid of those revolution face masks and clown shoes.

Easy money

Don't worry, in a couple of weeks we will be officially looking like FAMU than Miami with the million color combinations.

Don't **** with the helmet. Get rid of those revolution face masks and clown shoes.

Easy money

The helmet will be "****ed" with. Green, Orange, White and Smoke. You'll see all of that with jerseys and pants to match. And the revolution face masks are pretty much all revo speed now. Since they are attached to safer helmets for the players those aren't going anywhere either.

guys...its Nike and kids picking these unis with no history..all they see is Oregon etc...

Advertisement
Since we are approaching the launch of the new uniform design, and I wanted to get everyone's opinion on what they would and would not like to see in the new design.

We have all heard the "don't touch the helmet", "black cleats" crew, so please don't clutter the thread with those responses.

I am speaking more in terms of aesthetically, what would you like to see? Feel free to post pictures of elements you would use from other teams, college or pro.

I, for one, want to see something new and fresh. As much as I am a traditionalist, I understand the importance of appealing to the youth and creating an recruiting edge by appealing to their fashion senses.

Anything that will help me forget about the stink around this program for the last 10 years.

If you really believe that uni's provide any sort of recruiting edge then you must have eaten some tainted cookie cake.

Easy money

The helmet will be "****ed" with. Green, Orange, White and Smoke. You'll see all of that with jerseys and pants to match. And the revolution face masks are pretty much all revo speed now. Since they are attached to safer helmets for the players those aren't going anywhere either.

And where is this certainty coming from? Orange helmets? <--- ha

Advertisement
I just saw Art Kehoe wearing this at the new Rat. Told me to keep it quiet.

188.jpg

Easy money

And where is this certainty coming from? Orange helmets? <--- ha

People who went to that UNite event when the basketball team was playing. Recruits were there and the uniforms were discussed. Pretty sure Ariz backed up what some other poster who was there said.

Advertisement
Back