#7 player in the country DT Justin Scott flips to MIAMI

View as article
I think the biggest difference right off the bat is the other 3 are closer to 3techs and Justin has the measureables to play 0/1. Franklin is interesting because he wants to play DE and does in HS all the while having a frame that could make him a monster in the mold of other Mississippi DTs in Chris Jones and Simmons.

In terms of comparing them to LT, I think you are selling LT short here a bit. His first step was very good and his martial arts background made his hands coordinated and violent. His issue was that he didn’t have particularly long arms. Not sure how he compares there to say Breland or Artavious. Personally I’d have them…
Stone
Scott
LT
franklin
breland
jones
Yeah my Jones comment about Taylor was more about me being a MASSIVE Jones fan

I thought Taylor was a great prospect but he was lacking some traits you hope for in recruits ranked that high

So when I see a kid like Jones for example being that big, with that kind of wingspan, and being that athletic…he’s just got some things Taylor physically didn’t have to me

Plus he’s (Taylor) going to play in the NFL so he’s clearly a good player

I didn’t necessarily mean to downplay him just more pointing to the absolutely absurd DT talent in this years class and I think that’s why so many people were devastated with us missing on almost all of them (until now)

I don’t ever remember seeing this much DT elite talent in a high school class in my life

Advertisement
I’m not a guru but that’s gonna be a tough ranking

There’s an INSANE amount of elite guys

This will be a super weird take because it will feel like revisionist history but I would rank them all ahead of Leonard Taylor coming out and would probably put Jones above Taylor as well (based on junior film)

Not sure anyone could be ahead of Stone for me

But the group of Stone, Scott, Breland are almost interchangeable for me they’re all that good
The only question for me about LT he doesn’t have that power those others have. Those kids as juniors are already like 300lbs. It’s like boxing when dudes already have that weight that power is there. I agree with you. You rarely see guys move up in weight from being small to keep that power. That’s why Bama uga and those other schools target grown men already. I love LT but to me he was a 4 star if I did the rankings then. Still take him regardless and appreciate what he did here, hope he does well in the nfl.

The only question for me about LT he doesn’t have that power those others have. Those kids as juniors are already like 300lbs. It’s like boxing when dudes already have that weight that power is there. I agree with you. You rarely see guys move up in weight from being small to keep that power. That’s why Bama uga and those other schools target grown men already. I love LT but to me he was a 4 star if I did the rankings then. Still take him regardless and appreciate what he did here, hope he does well in the nfl.
Yeah I was super excited about Taylor just like everyone else. But there were a lot of questions about him. I only remember because that was during Covid and I kinda checked out on recruiting but I remember some of the legit guys on the board bringing up concerns with him. It surprised me a kid that high would have so many questions and you could see what they meant

But anyway, didn’t mean to make it a Taylor thing was just adding that from my non-guru POV we just got two guys (so far) that are really on that level to me

Fort those who have studied our DT recruits, how does Scott rank among the other DTs we pursued?

Better than Stone? Franklin? Breland?

I don’t care about recuriting services. I’m talking about your eval setting aside the orange and green colored glasses.

Thanks in advance.

Personally, I'd put him 2nd behind Stone and just slighty above Breland. I've got hopes for him to come in and be a rotation guy year one. DT is a grown man position and tbh i dont know enough about his competition compared to what Stone did at IMG to know if hes even ready the rotation year 1.

If hes an EE that will help a ton but i dont know if that's been talked about yet on the board.

Wanted to see more of their meltdown

IMG_9102.png

Advertisement
Personally, I'd put him 2nd behind Stone and just slighty above Breland. I've got hopes for him to come in and be a rotation guy year one. DT is a grown man position and tbh i dont know enough about his competition compared to what Stone did at IMG to know if hes even ready the rotation year 1.

If hes an EE that will help a ton but i dont know if that's been talked about yet on the board.
Yeah I’ll also say I haven’t really seen any reliable senior highlights or info

I was basing what I said on junior years and the things we had access to

He mentioned signing in February I think so likely not an EE but not 100% sure

Advertisement
Advertisement
So mad man my recruiting class highlight video will be so late man. But I would be excited to do one finally. Going to be an epic era for cane football we just got to be patient and support the team.

I'm just worred about unrealisitc expectations for the guys on the DLINE coming in their first year. Bain is a unicorn and hopefuly there won't be the same expectations for these guys year 1.

I've been big on Joking about "MARIO took DLINE Personal" memes this year and glad to be proven wrong. So i signed up for Canes connection and looking forward to the good times ahead.

I'm just worred about unrealisitc expectations for the guys on the DLINE coming in their first year. Bain is a unicorn and hopefuly there won't be the same expectations for these guys year 1.

I've been big on Joking about "MARIO took DLINE Personal" memes this year and glad to be proven wrong. So i signed up for Canes connection and looking forward to the good times ahead.
All in the past bruh no one should hold a grudge to anyone that doubted that’s part of being human and losing for so long. I think Scott will play a lot year one and if we get a few others they will eat. I think Stewart and Scott are unicorns as well. But that’s JMO

Advertisement
All in the past bruh no one should hold a grudge to anyone that doubted that’s part of being human and losing for so long. I think Scott will play a lot year one and if we get a few others they will eat. I think Stewart and Scott are unicorns as well. But that’s JMO

If he can be the 1st or 2nd guy off the bench for the DT rotation that would be huge. Hope he enrolls early

Last edited:
Yeah my Jones comment about Taylor was more about me being a MASSIVE Jones fan

I thought Taylor was a great prospect but he was lacking some traits you hope for in recruits ranked that high

So when I see a kid like Jones for example being that big, with that kind of wingspan, and being that athletic…he’s just got some things Taylor physically didn’t have to me

Plus he’s (Taylor) going to play in the NFL so he’s clearly a good player

I didn’t necessarily mean to downplay him just more pointing to the absolutely absurd DT talent in this years class and I think that’s why so many people were devastated with us missing on almost all of them (until now)

I don’t ever remember seeing this much DT elite talent in a high school class in my life
I think it’s definitely deeper than last but even there I’m not 100% sure the top guys were better. Hicks, Smith and Woods were monsters as well. The 2022 class was utterly loaded with Anthony Lucas and Bear Alexander being ranked 9th and 10th. I think people are overrating this class right now because we actually had traction.

Advertisement
Back