👇

zTGY1zw2.gif

👆

😀

👍

❓

👀

Advertisement
5 previous pages of absolute foolishness when we finally land a whale and instead of celebrating it the kids who had their toys taken from them in elementary come and try break the fun up

Go away

I'm trying to enjoy this moment right now knowing that Ellis Robinson IV is next on the show card as taken by Cristobal the Grinch

Yup, his momma wanted ND and said Miami was too far. He picked Taint as a compromise. Kid always wanted to be here and looks like momma finally gave him the go ahead.
With the NIL money, moms can probably relocate. Jus sayin'

Some absolutely asinine takes in this thread.

For the crowd beating the drum that relationships are the thing that matter most in recruiting why can we still not pull the top kids out of Dade and Broward? It’s because they’ve only seen an objectively dysfunctional Miami program their whole life. This is the first year besides 2016/ 2017 where this program has shown it’s trending up since 2002.

It’s like if your best friend wants to be your criminal defense lawyer. You love the guy, but if he isn’t getting positive results in the courtroom you’re not going to put your future in his hands because you have a strong relationship with him. You want the guy who is going to get you off…pause. Do you really think Saban has the best relationship with the recruits he gets? Do you think nick Saban is calling up a 17 year old a nightly basis.

Day and Ohio State are losing players because the public perception of their team is that their soft and Day isn’t a championship caliber coach due to losing 3 times to Michigan.

If you really believe relationships matter the most. Is Miami pulling the kids they’re pulling with a 5-7 record with 3 blowouts again in 2023? Or is the very respectable 7-5 record with clear improvement with no blowouts a clear selling point to players that you can trust us to develop you and improve this team. Easy sell to go to recruits and point and say if we had you we win 10 games this year. If we had you and your friends we go undefeated because we were a two to three players away this year.

And then for the bowl game. Do you really think a kid is going to be more or less inclined to commit to Miami if we get blown out in the bowl game? We absolutely need to win it. We’ve won one bowl in 20 something years. The public perception of this program nationally needs to continue to change for the better and that continues with a bowl win.

I know my friends and I wouldn’t even pick up the phone or meet with coaches from a school that were notoriously known for not winning.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bruh I can’t with anything that looks like a bug. Imma Str8 ***** when I see spiders. Sh I grew where roaches bungee jumped off the ceiling into your Frosted Flakes and swimming in milk smiling while they eat your breakfast. Them roaches different here they all got timbs on not even laced either.
I feels ya bruh. Trust me, lol! **** roaches was gangsta as ****. Poverty a muhfucca. A dude that ain't never seen **** like dat just won't understand, no matter how long you explain.

Advertisement
gl
Wait a minute, he reached out to COACH JOE?!?! Half this board already had him packing his bags due to his apparent complete inability to recruit and the fact that some think he does zero coaching, and is only at UM because he is friends with the HC.

There are lots and lots of people who owe an apology to Coach Joe.
glad someone said it lol

Some absolutely asinine takes in this thread.

For the crowd beating the drum that relationships are the thing that matter most in recruiting why can we still not pull the top kids out of Dade and Broward? It’s because they’ve only seen an objectively dysfunctional Miami program their whole life. This is the first year besides 2016/ 2017 where this program has shown it’s trending up since 2002.

It’s like if your best friend wants to be your criminal defense lawyer. You love the guy, but if he isn’t getting positive results in the courtroom you’re not going to put your future in his hands because you have a strong relationship with him. You want the guy who is going to get you off…pause. Do you really think Saban has the best relationship with the recruits he gets? Do you think nick Saban is calling up a 17 year old a nightly basis.

Day and Ohio State are losing players because the public perception of their team is that their soft and Day isn’t a championship caliber coach due to losing 3 times to Michigan.

If you really believe relationships matter the most. Is Miami pulling the kids they’re pulling with a 5-7 record with 3 blowouts again in 2023? Or is the very respectable 7-5 record with clear improvement with no blowouts a clear selling point to players that you can trust us to develop you and improve this team. Easy sell to go to recruits and point and say if we had you we win 10 games this year. If we had you and your friends we go undefeated because we were a two to three players away this year.

And then for the bowl game. Do you really think a kid is going to be more or less inclined to commit to Miami if we get blown out in the bowl game? We absolutely need to win it. We’ve won one bowl in 20 something years. The public perception of this program nationally needs to continue to change for the better and that continues with a bowl win.

I know my friends and I wouldn’t even pick up the phone or meet with coaches from a school that were notoriously known for not winning.
No one thing matters most. Recruits are not monoliths. Relationships matter to Scott. Its what kept us in it all season, Benjamins matter to Stewart , some other players might strictly look at NFL prospects, others at making the playoffs and winning etc. People trying to pin point one thing to say this is why we were struggling, it was everything. Thats why people on the board be saying man need to be patient cuz it takes time, thats why it makes sense. Somethings can be fixed quicker than others. Or sometimes fixing 1 thing, leads to fixing another

Fort those who have studied our DT recruits, how does Scott rank among the other DTs we pursued?

Better than Stone? Franklin? Breland?

I don’t care about recuriting services. I’m talking about your eval setting aside the orange and green colored glasses.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Fort those who have studied our DT recruits, how does Scott rank among the other DTs we pursued?

I don’t care about recuriting services. I’m talking about your eval setting aside the orange and green colored glasses.

Thanks in advance.
He's the #1 DT in the country...maybe not the disruptor that Stone is but he's all attitude and nimble. He's not only a whale but a dancing bear with attitude in the trenches. Again he is the #1 DT in thee entire country and not one person in the media is thrilled about it for us

Joe and Cristobal pulled the rug right from under OSU. Merry Christmas ya filthy animals

Last edited:
He's the #1 DT in the country...maybe not the disruptor that Stone is but he's all attitude and nible. He's not only a whale but a dancing bear with attitude in the trenches. Again he is the #1 DT in thee entire country and not one person in the media is thrilled about it for us

Joe and Cristobal pulled the rug right from under OSU. Merry Christmas ya filthy animals
The explosiveness and agile footwork for a guy that big stands out to me. You can teach moves or how to handle doubles, but you can’t teach that burst or twitch.

Advertisement
No one thing matters most. Recruits are not monoliths. Relationships matter to Scott. Its what kept us in it all season, Benjamins matter to Stewart , some other players might strictly look at NFL prospects, others at making the playoffs and winning etc. People trying to pin point one thing to say this is why we were struggling, it was everything. Thats why people on the board be saying man need to be patient cuz it takes time, thats why it makes sense. Somethings can be fixed quicker than others. Or sometimes fixing 1 thing, leads to fixing another
Did not say one thing matters most. I said “For the crowd beating the drum that relationships are the thing that matter MOST in recruiting”

Answer the question. If we went 5-7 this year with 3 blowouts like in 2022 do you honestly believe Scott would have committed to us?

Do you think Stewart would consider taking a bag from us if we had another dreadful season that showed zero on field improvement?

Public perception and trajectory of the program is what will seal the deal with the vast majority of kids. Relationships and bags do matter, but if you don’t have the positive perception and on field results / potential kids aren’t going to consider you or sign with you solely because they have a good relationship with the head coach. Saban shoots a hole through the whole relationship mattering most argument. His program recruits itself. It’s not a hard sell for him which is the direction Miami is heading towards.

Do Dade or broward kids transfer to AH or St Thomas because of relationship or the perception that they’re going to win and be developed?

Thanks in advance.
I’m not a guru but that’s gonna be a tough ranking

There’s an INSANE amount of elite guys

This will be a super weird take because it will feel like revisionist history but I would rank them all ahead of Leonard Taylor coming out and would probably put Jones above Taylor as well (based on junior film)

Not sure anyone could be ahead of Stone for me

But the group of Stone, Scott, Breland are almost interchangeable for me they’re all that good

I’m not a guru but that’s gonna be a tough ranking

There’s an INSANE amount of elite guys

This will be a super weird take because it will feel like revisionist history but I would rank them all ahead of Leonard Taylor coming out and would probably put Jones above Taylor as well (based on junior film)

Not sure anyone could be ahead of Stone for me

But the group of Stone, Scott, Breland are almost interchangeable for me they’re all that good
I think the biggest difference right off the bat is the other 3 are closer to 3techs and Justin has the measureables to play 0/1. Franklin is interesting because he wants to play DE and does in HS all the while having a frame that could make him a monster in the mold of other Mississippi DTs in Chris Jones and Simmons.

In terms of comparing them to LT, I think you are selling LT short here a bit. His first step was very good and his martial arts background made his hands coordinated and violent. His issue was that he didn’t have particularly long arms. Not sure how he compares there to say Breland or Artavious. Personally I’d have them…
Stone
Scott
LT
franklin
breland
jones

Advertisement
Back