#7 player in the country DT Justin Scott flips to MIAMI

View as article
Advertisement
Michael Jackson Halloween GIF by Vevo

Advertisement
I think this post illustrates the main problem. Sure, 7-5 could've been better, but in the end, the record isn't what matters most during a complete rebuild. I don't think anyone really gives a **** whether we win the bowl game, if we (and our opponent) can even field a team for it. If you're not in the CFP, then the bowls are pretty much worthless except for the extra practice time you get. 8-5 with a win in the Toilet Bowl fielding a depleted roster with no QB isn't a 'much better year'. 8-4 in the regular season with a 'scraped by' win over an overmatched GT team isn't a 'much better year' than 7-5 with a boneheaded loss to GT. Obsessing over W/L at this stage of a total program overhaul diminishes the obvious changes for the better that anyone with a brain can see (if they're willing to put down the Madden controller for 2 minutes). Recruits seem to be seeing it. Many of our fans either just hate Mario and want him to fail or are so pathetically impatient that they can't see the forest for the trees....
You are correct. They hate Mario and enthusiastically root for us to lose because of that. These guys were ****ing down their legs when we had 1st and goal vs Louisville and could have tied the game and were super relieved when we didn't score. Against Georgia Tech they gave each other high fives when the refs said that Chaney had fumbled and then were screaming and hugging each other in jubilation when King hit Leary for the game winning TD as time expired!

They threw beer bottles at the TV in disgust when Fletcher scored that walk off TD vs UVA in OT and they celebrated when TVD got picked off to end the game against FSU when we were threatening to tie the game.

You are correct. They hate Mario and enthusiastically root for us to lose because of that. These guys were ****ing down their legs when we had 1st and goal vs Louisville and could have tied the game and were super relieved when we didn't score. Against Georgia Tech they gave each other high fives when the refs said that Chaney had fumbled and then were screaming and hugging each other in jubilation when King hit Leary for the game winning TD as time expired!

They threw beer bottles at the TV in disgust when Fletcher scored that walk off TD vs UVA in OT and they celebrated when TVD got picked off to end the game against FSU when we were threatening to tie the game.
You really think there are individuals on here who don't put their personal agendas ahead of the team?

Wild

Never said anything about the game day critics buddy. Very clear difference between people that critique the obvious deficiencies on game day and the people negging every positive comment
I am so glad that you were able to clear that up for me buddy.

Last edited:
Van Dyke is the 96% of the reason this team is 7-5 when he went on his 4 game stretch of being the worst QB in America. The non kneel by Mario against GT was egregious but the Tyler kept GT in the game the entire time by throwing INT’s at the most inconvenient times. Also nobody talks about how we played the essentially entire season without the 2 starting defensive ends Kelly and Mesidor

Advertisement
Van Dyke is the 96% of the reason this team is 7-5 when he went on his 4 game stretch of being the worst QB in America. The non kneel by Mario against GT was egregious but the Tyler kept GT in the game the entire time by throwing INT’s at the most inconvenient times. Also nobody talks about how we played the essentially entire season without the 2 starting defensive ends Kelly and Mesidor
They weren’t watching the same games everyone on planet earth knew TVD was at fault for most of the L’s. That’s why I didn’t lose sleep over it I know that sh will get fixed and sort itself out. Stack OL and DL and someone’s going to be driving a Ferrari

You really think there are individuals on here who don't put their personal agendas ahead of the team?

Wild
What I think is that we have passionate fans. What I think is that there are idiot fans who know nothing and just talk out of their backside. I think that every team has those goofy fans. I think those fans make up a very small percentage of this community. I think that there are very vocal die hards who criticize the program's and the head coaches shortcomings and they don't see some of the positives but at the end of the day they are still fans. I think that Mario Cristobal is a very polarizing figure who has his strengths and his weaknesses. I think there are fans who want so much for us to be better than we are and attack those weaknesses. I think there are fans who love UM but only see the positive. I think sometimes these fans mistake criticism for some kind of nefarious agenda. I think that the entire "There are people here who put their agenda over the team" narrative is blown extremely out of proportion. I think there are some who spend an inordinate amount of time obsessing over "posters that put agendas over the team" when in reality a posters supposed "agenda" has zero effect on the team. I think that this is a message board where people can come to express their opinions. I think that at the end of the day we are all just hardcore Miami Hurricane fans.

Advertisement
They weren’t watching the same games everyone on planet earth knew TVD was at fault for most of the L’s. That’s why I didn’t lose sleep over it I know that sh will get fixed and sort itself out. Stack OL and DL and someone’s going to be driving a Ferrari
If Tyler played simply below average during that stretch the team would have 9+ wins. The dude played 20 notches below average tho. And he also had about 5-6 throws that should’ve been gimme INT’s that the defense dropped

If Tyler played simply below average during that stretch the team would have 9+ wins. The dude played 20 notches below average tho. And he also had about 5-6 throws that should’ve been gimme INT’s that the defense dropped
Yup

Even steveOs review of the game where he threw a pass deep to X. It was under thrown and George was on a crossing route wide tf open and probably scores a 50 plus yard TD cause X would have been blocking. George had that guy burnt.

Advertisement

1701381864653.png

Yup

Even steveOs review of the game where he threw a pass deep to X. It was under thrown and George was on a crossing route wide tf open and probably scores a 50 plus yard TD cause X would have been blocking. George had that guy burnt.
Yeah I remember that play. George had a TD for sure if Tyler hits him. All in all I agree with @DMoney post about the coach and the QB both failing to manage the game. Yes TVD is at the root of it but I think the debate centers on Mario continuing to roll Tyler out there even when it was clear that he didn't want to play and that Tyler couldn't make many of the throws required of him. I think Mario should have sat Tyler after the UNC game until he was able to play at an effective level which he obviously was vs Louisville and especially BC.

I have been extremely hard on Mario because he really ****es me off sometimes but believe it or not, I still support the man. Mario Cristobal is the head coach and I very much want him to succeed. What infuriates me is that he gets in his own way too many times. If he would stop over thinking everything and just let others do the job he hired them for he would be much better off. I know that Mario wants to succeed. His burning ambition is to bring us back to championship level. He has many great qualities and some not so great but I do think that he is capable of settling in and really finding his groove. When he got hired I said I would give him 4 years then reevaluate. That doesn't mean that I won't lose my patience in the meantime and give him grief when he earns it but it also doesn't mean I won't give credit where credit is due. The man is simply the best recruiter I've ever seen here at UM. He builds great lines and he really has changed the locker room culture and made us a much more tough and physical team that never gives up.

I'm well aware that the situation he inherited was much worse beneath the surface than many realize. When people say that this wasn't a rebuild they only point to the "talent level" he inherited which I think was quite overrated to begin with. Just look at the state of the WR, LB, OL, CB, DL, TE, QB and even the RB room. We needed serious infusions of speed and legit high end P5 talent. My point is that there were major institutional, systemic, cultural and infrastructure issues that were rotting away at the fabric of this program. The foundation was weak and on the verge of collapse due to decades of incompetence and neglect. He had to get a handle on all of that while he dealt with roster issues and staff hiring. Yeah I rip him sometimes and rip him hard, but I do respect the challenges he has had to deal with and overcome. Now if he could just get better on game day!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back