#7 player in the country DT Justin Scott flips to MIAMI

View as article
Ok, create a thread and tell everyone how much mopers suck. Can we use the Justin Scott thread for Justin Scott. K bye.

You had no issues with ruining everyone else's threads for months (years), but now you want to get technical about when and where we can criticize mopers like you?

You are the definition of hypocrisy. And selective memory.

Advertisement
Im gonna pretend to be a mope. If he doesn’t sign on ESD, we are in trouble. Don’t ever dismiss this man…
Deion Sanders Sport GIF by Coach Prime
The Virginian Lol GIF by GritTV

Mopes: "After complaining THOUSANDS of times, I can undo everything with a polite 'whoopsy' and an obligatory 'I'll eat crow now' comment..."
Just like people can make spreadsheets and thousands of posts saying it was ok to go 7-5 and anyone who disagrees hates Miami and you better not say anything about Mario?

Expectations are expectations, and I’m not only highlighting you because you’re a good poster (just in general as we have staunch Mario supporters and staunch haters, then people in between). It works both ways, except slurpers want to use commitment threads (which should be used to celebrate a monumental recruiting win) to attack others with childish I TOLD YOU SO peacocking.

It just creates more divide when these commitments should be used to unify the fanbase and get everyone excited about the future. I know I am excited, no one can take that away from me. I’ll admit I was overzealous with the complaining and impatience, but a lot of it was (and still is) deserved regarding gameday coaching.

Just like people can make spreadsheets and thousands of posts saying it was ok to go 7-5 and anyone who disagrees hates Miami?

Expectations are expectations, and I’m not only highlighting you. It works both ways, except slurpers want to use commitment threads (which should be used to celebrate a monumental recruiting win) to attack others with childish I TOLD YOU SO.

Just like @WeBallinBoyz can lie and make up things that never happened?

I have never, in my entire life, said "it was OK to go 7-5". And there was no "disagreement", because I never said that, so there was nothing to disagree with.

Finally, nobody is saying "I TOLD YOU SO". What we ARE saying is that the Mopers who now, belatedly, are trying to change their past behavior and impact with a cursory "oops, I was wrong" in a commitment thread...CAN GET THE **** OUT.

Including you. Especially you.

Just like @WeBallinBoyz can lie and make up things that never happened?

I have never, in my entire life, said "it was OK to go 7-5". And there was no "disagreement", because I never said that, so there was nothing to disagree with.

Finally, nobody is saying "I TOLD YOU SO". What we ARE saying is that the Mopers who now, belatedly, are trying to change their past behavior and impact with a cursory "oops, I was wrong" in a commitment thread...CAN GET THE **** OUT.

Including you. Especially you.
Change behavior?

What behavior? That it was unacceptable to have the 19th-average rating per recruit in late November? To voice my opinion over that? If you’re satisfied with that, then ok. I wasn’t, and the clock was ticking.

Mario is addressing that, and I gave props. If you want to knock me for failing to believe, sure I’ll eat that. Impatience? Sure, I’ll eat that. But the Mr. All high and mighty schtick is laughable, the “I’m always right” shtick.

God forbid we give credit when it’s due and highlight concerns when applicable, guess you have to pick a side and remain there like politics. But no, let’s ruin a commitment thread for a top 10 player by having a witch-hunt for those that weren’t believers in the one true God.

They’re not allowed to celebrate.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Change behavior?

What behavior? That it was unacceptable to have the 19th-average rating per recruit in late November? To voice my opinion over that? If you’re satisfied with that, then ok. I wasn’t, and the clock was ticking.

Mario is addressing that, and I gave props. If you want to knock me for failing to believe, sure I’ll eat that. Impatience? Sure, I’ll eat that. But the Mr. All high and mighty schtick is laughable, the “I’m always right” shtick.

God forbid we give credit when it’s due and highlight concerns when applicable, guess you have to pick a side and remain there like politics. But no, let’s ruin a commitment thread for a top 10 player by having a witch-hunt for those that weren’t believers in the one true God.

They’re not allowed to celebrate.

Ah, yes, the annual Moper gaslighting begins.

Yes, you have a monopoly on "I just hate mediocrity, man". What a load of crap.

Look, NOBODY has a problem with the pinpoint behavior that you are (fictitiously) describing. How you just "voice an opinion on the 19th-average rating per recruit in late November". Yeah, that's what everyone is bothered by. Stuff you posted in the last 30 days. GTFOOH.

The reason you are a MOPE, and not just some average reasonable poster with valid concerns and well-written critiques...is a measure of your volume and negativity. The only people who get labeled as MOPES are the ones who spend the vast majority of their posts interjecting the same one-note negativity on any and all subjects, including the ones that are positive in nature. "Hey, guys, we just got a 4-star verbal!"..."Yeah, but it's not a 5-star and we were promised so much more by the insiders..."

You are a toxic Debbie Downer, not a person who waits until the last month of the recruiting season to calmly and gently point out our "19th-average rating per recruit". You have been blasting poison for months, even years, and now you don't want anyone to hold up a mirror to your ugliness.

But now you want limits on criticism? Because you are the one being criticized? Hilarious.

Ah, yes, the annual Moper gaslighting begins.

Yes, you have a monopoly on "I just hate mediocrity, man". What a load of crap.

Look, NOBODY has a problem with the pinpoint behavior that you are (fictitiously) describing. How you just "voice an opinion on the 19th-average rating per recruit in late November". Yeah, that's what everyone is bothered by. Stuff you posted in the last 30 days. GTFOOH.

The reason you are a MOPE, and not just some average reasonable poster with valid concerns and well-written critiques...is a measure of your volume and negativity. The only people who get labeled as MOPES are the ones who spend the vast majority of their posts interjecting the same one-note negativity on any and all subjects, including the ones that are positive in nature. "Hey, guys, we just got a 4-star verbal!"..."Yeah, but it's not a 5-star and we were promised so much more by the insiders..."

You are a toxic Debbie Downer, not a person who waits until the last month of the recruiting season to calmly and gently point out our "19th-average rating per recruit". You have been blasting poison for months, even years, and now you don't want anyone to hold up a mirror to your ugliness.

But now you want limits on criticism? Because you are the one being criticized? Hilarious.
You’re free to go through my posts and find whatever toxic negativity you’re describing. If there is such, I’ll properly address and either admit I overdid it, or defend. I’ve given praise to plenty of three stars in this class such as McConathy, Broussard, Pruitt, a few others. I’m a proud star *****, but doesn’t mean all three-stars don’t have good film. They just shouldn’t make up a majority of our class, especially under Mario (but for any University of Miami coach)…it’s just analytics and math at that point. More stars = more talented rosters.

I remain firm there’s dead weight in this class and that you’ll see some “decommitments” if that’s what you’re trying to highlight as toxic moping. I think our DB recruiting thus far has been mediocre at best. Those pillars don’t make me a mope I think, but to each his own. Gameday coaching is a separate argument and I’m sure I’ve been vehemently more negative there (and I think with good reason?). Most of the “moping” I think that’s got you boiling like a tea kettle is a plea to pick up recruiting if Mario wants to be successful here…which he now is and I’m alluding to.

I’ll go essay for essay all day with you with reasonable arguments.

Advertisement
Yall wanna pretend you didn't ruin threads all year though when people said "let it play out" though right?

The hypocrisy is amazing.

You Moanin the list goes on.

No you don't get to use this card. Be a MAN and just own it. It's really that simple. Moanin cant.
Most of them use the "i'm just being objective", "i'm just stating facts", "i'm just holding the Columbus crew accountable" when all they do is troll this board with 1-liners in every thread. And when called out they pretend to be a real contributor like a RellyRel or an HTownkid. Nobody would care if the mopes could just pace themselves and show a modicum of restraint sometimes.

Stay soft boo boo

You had no issues with ruining everyone else's threads for months (years), but now you want to get technical about when and where we can criticize mopers like you?

You are the definition of hypocrisy. And selective memory.
This argument is 1 million times more relevant to you than me. I just landed Justin Scott. Proceed with that however you like.

You’re free to go through my posts and find whatever toxic negativity you’re describing. If there is such, I’ll properly address and either admit I overdid it, or defend. I’ve given praise to plenty of three stars in this class such as McConathy, Broussard, Pruitt, a few others. I’m a proud star *****, but doesn’t mean all three-stars don’t have good film. They just shouldn’t make up a majority of our class, especially under Mario (but for any University of Miami coach)…it’s just analytics and math at that point. More stars = more talented rosters.

I remain firm there’s dead weight in this class and that you’ll see some “decommitments” if that’s what you’re trying to highlight as toxic moping. I think our DB recruiting thus far has been mediocre at best. Those pillars don’t make me a mope I think, but to each his own. Gameday coaching is a separate argument and I’m sure I’ve been vehemently more negative there (and I think with good reason?). Most of the “moping” I think that’s got you boiling like a tea kettle is a plea to pick up recruiting if Mario wants to be successful here…which he now is and I’m alluding to.

I’ll go essay for essay all day with you with reasonable arguments.

I'll make this simple. None of these disputes would arise if people were reasonable and patient and balanced in their criticism from the outset.

But a lot of people think that "posting on the internet" equates to writing the quickest and most extreme and loudest comments possible.

If you want to have an honest conversation, then simply don't do things like mischaracterize and exaggerate the spreadsheet that I created. Then we can discuss it honestly. As I said, I found the immediate criticism of a simple graphical comparison to be particularly vitriolic by people who like to claim that they don't have a moper agenda.

Having said that, I'm Catholic and practice the sacrament of Penance or Reconciliation. So if anyone chooses to stop moping 24/7, I'm happy to forgive and forget.

But I'm not fond of heeldigging and gaslighting and denial. So please stop spending two long paragraphs acting like the ONLY criticisms you have offered over the past few years involve November 2023 recruiting. That's just not true.

And I'm not going to waste my time discussing this with you post-by-post. That is some serious MackBammer-level disingenuity.

Advertisement
I'll make this simple. None of these disputes would arise if people were reasonable and patient and balanced in their criticism from the outset.

But a lot of people think that "posting on the internet" equates to writing the quickest and most extreme and loudest comments possible.

If you want to have an honest conversation, then simply don't do things like mischaracterize and exaggerate the spreadsheet that I created. Then we can discuss it honestly. As I said, I found the immediate criticism of a simple graphical comparison to be particularly vitriolic by people who like to claim that they don't have a moper agenda.

Having said that, I'm Catholic and practice the sacrament of Penance or Reconciliation. So if anyone chooses to stop moping 24/7, I'm happy to forgive and forget.

But I'm not fond of heeldigging and gaslighting and denial. So please stop spending two long paragraphs acting like the ONLY criticisms you have offered over the past few years involve November 2023 recruiting. That's just not true.

And I'm not going to waste my time discussing this with you post-by-post. That is some serious MackBammer-level disingenuity.
Imagine telling grown men how to feel 😭. Ok back to #1 DT.

Alright let's define things here:
  • MOPE - Someone who sees the negative in everything and either cannot or refuses to acknowledge/enjoy when good things happen. See also: miserable hack.
  • SLURPER - Someone who refuses to acknowledge when things aren't going well. Will make an excuse for literally anything that goes wrong. Cannot or refuses to see the truth and/or acknowledge when their person is a complete moron. Common amongst those who have blind loyalty to political parties and/or candidates—on either side—such as a President. See also: sunshine pumper or cult follower.
  • REASONABLE FAN - Critical when it is deserved, but also praises the good things and can enjoy the successes. For example, fairly critical of Mario for not kneeling vs GT, but also applauds his recruiting acumen. Neither a mope nor a slurper. See also: most fans on this board.

Advertisement
Imagine telling grown men how to feel 😭. Ok back to #1 DT.

Uh...more **** that I didn't do. I would never tell anyone how to feel, particularly a sensitive snowflake such as yourself.

I know that I can't change you. I know that you're going to continue to lie about what I posted, and convince your fellow mopers that I said things that I never said.

Uh...more **** that I didn't do. I would never tell anyone how to feel, particularly a sensitive snowflake such as yourself.

I know that I can't change you. I know that you're going to continue to lie about what I posted, and convince your fellow mopers that I said things that I never said.
So you determine what is reasonable and what is patience? 🤣 couldn't be me. Keep up the good fight. I just got Justin Scott.

Advertisement
Back