#7 player in the country DT Justin Scott flips to MIAMI

View as article
256934-261ee9c821a9ab99bac4aacbee576981.data

Solie, What's Sam Muchnick telling you?

I'm getting word that Hacksaw Jim Dugan's suspension has been lifted.

I repeat, Hacksaw Jim Dugan's suspension has been lifted.

Advertisement
I think this post illustrates the main problem. Sure, 7-5 could've been better, but in the end, the record isn't what matters most during a complete rebuild. I don't think anyone really gives a **** whether we win the bowl game, if we (and our opponent) can even field a team for it. If you're not in the CFP, then the bowls are pretty much worthless except for the extra practice time you get. 8-5 with a win in the Toilet Bowl fielding a depleted roster with no QB isn't a 'much better year'. 8-4 in the regular season with a 'scraped by' win over an overmatched GT team isn't a 'much better year' than 7-5 with a boneheaded loss to GT. Obsessing over W/L at this stage of a total program overhaul diminishes the obvious changes for the better that anyone with a brain can see (if they're willing to put down the Madden controller for 2 minutes). Recruits seem to be seeing it. Many of our fans either just hate Mario and want him to fail or are so pathetically impatient that they can't see the forest for the trees....
Or they hate running the football ever unless it’s to take a knee.

I think some don’t believe we needed a complete overhaul/rebuild. I think Mario was even quoted as saying it wasn’t a rebuild. Also, some think we should be further along especially given the ability to flip rosters quickly and having guys like Brohm in year one take their team to the conference championship game. Also, people have a right to be concerned about Mario’s game day decision making which in the long run could keep us from getting #6 even if we do have a stacked roster at some point.

Seriously?

There is a difference between what people say IN PUBLIC for public consumption, and what they really think.

I guaran-*******-tee you that Mario saw this as a complete rebuild once he met the players on the roster and watched them practice. I know that's how he felt, regardless of what he tells Barry Jacks-off or Susan Miller Degnan.

Advertisement
Mario Cristobal has done it again on the recruiting trail. This time, flipping Justin Scott from Ohio State to Miami.

The Canes had been in hot pursuit of the five-star DT for some time now, even since his commitment to the Buckeyes back in July. The commitment moves Miami up to the #5 recruiting class in the country. Scott is listed at 6-4, 310 pounds.

This commitment is of extra importance considering the Canes could be set to lose Leonard Taylor to the next level, and Jared Harrison-Hunte is also in the process of making a decision

HUGE

Advertisement
People were questioning everything to be honest. They said NIL negated his ability to recruit. Etc. I get it though, when this site is mad at one thing the coach does they minimize even the things they are good at. They will be back. Wait for it.

The game day stuff, not gonna argue with man, **** have me scratching my head but other than the GT no kneel i think the other stuff is not as critical as people make it

No.. that timeout on 4th and goal was critical VS Louisville.. But, I rather these things happen now than later when we're real contenders that Mario is building us into

Moping about the mopes in this thread is dumb. Miami has been completely irrelevant nationally the entire time this site has been online except for a few weeks in 2017. Posters that are on here day after day for years are all die hard Canes fans, even the mopes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Moping about the mopes in this thread is dumb. Miami has been completely irrelevant nationally the entire time this site has been online except for a few weeks in 2017. Posters that are on here day after day for years are all die hard Canes fans, even the mopes.
being unhappy with mediocre on field play doesnt make you a mope. a lot of us can separate mario as a recruiter (hes very good in this world) and mario as an HC (hes above average imo but has been below average at miami)

Advertisement
Back