#7 player in the country DT Justin Scott flips to MIAMI

View as article
Advertisement
hip hop sosa GIF

Great get by Mario and Co. No one questions his ability to recruit, it’s his game day coaching. Both can be true…
People were questioning everything to be honest. They said NIL negated his ability to recruit. Etc. I get it though, when this site is mad at one thing the coach does they minimize even the things they are good at. They will be back. Wait for it.

The game day stuff, not gonna argue with man, **** have me scratching my head but other than the GT no kneel i think the other stuff is not as critical as people make it

Advertisement
Advertisement
People were questioning everything to be honest. They said NIL negated his ability to recruit. Etc. I get it though, when this site is mad at one thing the coach does they minimize even the things they are good at. They will be back. Wait for it.

The game day stuff, not gonna argue with man, **** have me scratching my head but other than the GT no kneel i think the other stuff is not as critical as people make it
I think a lot of people questioned the recruiting due to lack of time left + the size of the current class (including me) + deficiencies at key positions. This flip at a key position of need + talking of more flips is another reminder to humbly trust this man with recruiting. I do think we’ve got some decommitments on the horizon to cut some fat off this class and make room for some much-needed studs, just reading between the lines.

I think some don’t believe we needed a complete overhaul/rebuild. I think Mario was even quoted as saying it wasn’t a rebuild. Also, some think we should be further along especially given the ability to flip rosters quickly and having guys like Brohm in year one take their team to the conference championship game. Also, people have a right to be concerned about Mario’s game day decision making which in the long run could keep us from getting #6 even if we do have a stacked roster at some point.

Who cares what Mario 'says'. Look at what he 'did'. The team on the field this season looked nothing like the one Manny trotted out, either in personnel or attitude. They played hard, despite obvious limitations and roster holes. In most games, Miami dominated the LOS (the biggest change, and most important). They didn't quit (even TVD). That is a complete overhaul/rebuild, and more stages of that process are happening now, with more of Manny's guys bailing and being replaced by young talent that cares (at least they seem to care....so far). Funny how Vegas (and many fans here) pretty much knew exactly how our season would go. It's not Mario's fault, or TVD's fault, or Rado's fault, that some in Miami's fanbase had ridiculous expectations (especially after the aTm beatdown).

If you like what Brohm is doing at Loserville, go root for them in the ACC championship game and beyond. If you like what Elmo did at Puke, go be an Aggie. Mario has been clear from day 1 what his goals are. Conference championship games are stepping stones, not final destinations. For the likes of Brohm and Loserville, the conference championship game is the destination. If you want the instant gratification approach, instead of the program builder approach, then have fun being a Loserville fan.

This fanbase flew a 'fire him' banner for Butch Davis, a notoriously bad gameday coach. But he built probably the best roster ever assembled. Miami is not winning #6 in the next few seasons. Get over it. These things take time, like it took Butch time, like it took Saban time, like it took Harbaugh time. You don't have to be a great gameday coach to win 'ships, as gets shown year after year.

Hate to say I told u wins ain’t ****

Yeah they are.

If we were 10-2, every coach in the country would be shook like the dope boys when Omar hit the block.

There’s levels to it. A few more wins and Mario would have took over this off season like Nino took the Carter.

Still this is a HUGE get. I expect a few more surprises. It was a rough year but I appreciate Mario’s relentlessness.

Would this be the correct time to at @Tony4Canes to ask him if all those Ohio Taint NIL fund-raisers have failed to bring in enough money to buy a Top 10 recruit?

I kid, @Tony4Canes , I kid, you know I love ya. But the Miami and Taint collectives do things a bit differently, is all.
Tony Eyeballs is not someone to take lightly. He’s a very serious dude.

Advertisement
I think a lot of people questioned the recruiting due to lack of time left + the size of the current class (including me) + deficiencies at key positions. This flip at a key position of need + talking of more flips is another reminder to humbly trust this man with recruiting. I do think we’ve got some decommitments on the horizon to cut some fat off this class and make room for some much-needed studs, just reading between the lines.
Been wondering about the last part as well

I’m not sure what to think given how methodical Mario seems to be when taking commitments. We’ve heard kids comment about how he won’t take their commitment if they have others higher on the board they’re waiting on

Same time there’s no doubt there’s upgrades available out there

Advertisement
I think some don’t believe we needed a complete overhaul/rebuild. I think Mario was even quoted as saying it wasn’t a rebuild. Also, some think we should be further along especially given the ability to flip rosters quickly and having guys like Brohm in year one take their team to the conference championship game. Also, people have a right to be concerned about Mario’s game day decision making which in the long run could keep us from getting #6 even if we do have a stacked roster at some point.

I always think of ferman when CMC came on. Dude was immediately on the 15-0/playoffs or bust train.. With a roster that was built to try and outscore ACC opponents, not contend in the playoffs with legitimate SEC and BIG10 teams. The roster needed to be reconstructed, and that was always going to take time. Obviously some things were just inexcusable, but there is something about this fanbase and crazy expectations. Especially after being average to terrible over the last two decades.

I think we’re on the right track… patience.. just patience.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back