#7 player in the country DT Justin Scott flips to MIAMI

Advertisement
I agree with you as well except I think Jones is even further behind. DT is a man’s position. I’m sky high on Scott and think he is as ready as any but it’s a tall order. I think Jones played against awful comp and the jump will be too much for him at first. We need another portal DT, a difference maker. Props to the staff on moving quickly on the first two. They are solid and addressed the quantity issue but we still need a difference maker. Maybe Moten or Horton step up?

Athletically Jones is further behind. But he's certainly among the strongest kids on roster at 400 BP and 600 Squat. Generally that should mean he'll hold up better at the point of contact and be less injury prone.

Athletically Jones is further behind. But he's certainly among the strongest kids on roster at 400 BP and 600 Squat. Generally that should mean he'll hold up better at the point of contact and be less injury prone.
Apologies, didn’t think he had confirmed strength numbers. The bench press doesn’t mean much to me but the squat does.

Correct, he’s a Man.
Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

Advertisement
Advertisement
I feel Power Cleans more important than Bench press for football

I don’t know Jones’ power clean but he was Florida 1A state champion in weightlifting as a junior with a 420/620 BP and Squat. Given he’s a lifter I’d expect him to have a goon PC as well though as a non lifter that lift scares the crap out of me injury wise. Just looks like an accident waiting to happen.

@Cribby I'm looking at a Y2 kid personally. I felt he struggled with the doubles he was facing in the AA game and also tired out. His technique is not there. And unlike Jones I don't think his strength is there either. IMO, we shouldn't be giving him any more than 3rd team rotational support reps, 10 reps a game max. Last thing on earth we need is another freshman injury to set him back.

Jones seems the more plug and play kid physically. If you can get 15-20 reps between the two a game, that's a lot of interior support from freshmen.
More of a matter of conditioning that needs to improve. Once his body gets reworked you'll see a difference for him going against doubles. Artavius is physically ready for sure but not technically. Big Joe should help with that. Scott won't likely get a lot of reps until 2nd half of the season but with his 5 star status he's gonna see the field in some capacity unless he's hurt.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Scott's going to be a great one. I just hope people don't bail on him if he shirts or plays sparingly in 2024. ... Can we convince Omier to flip to football? Imagine him at DE, TE, OT. Kid would be among first 10 picked.

Each one of incoming class should be redshirted.

Advertisement
Back