65 years..65 years

Advertisement
Seems like we have one of these posts every year. This program is a Grim Reaper for sure.

I hate posting in threads like this, but 99% of you will be back the second we win a big game again...and we will at some point.
I understand the pain as much as anyone, but being a Cane is in the blood imo...
Just cuz I've given up on this regime, doesn't mean I give up being a Cane.
Just my opinion.

Advertisement
Is this the point in the cycle when people start up with the "I'm Done and Never Coming Back" posts? (hint, they always come back)

Guys it was a bad, gut-wrenching loss, and we're all human and I get the reaction. But have perspective. It was ONE GAME. Let's see how they do against UNC.

Is this the point in the cycle when people start up with the "I'm Done and Never Coming Back" posts? (hint, they always come back)

Guys it was a bad, gut-wrenching loss, and we're all human and I get the reaction. But have perspective. It was ONE GAME. Let's see how they do against UNC.

Problem is it isn’t one game..it’s been 20 years of some idiot coach doing one stupid thing after another.Granted not this fcking stupid but stupid…

The main reason I personally have to step away is because it’s a health reason and the stress this crap puts on my heart. I keep thinking it has to get better but for 20 years it hasn’t and I don’t suspect it will anytime soon so it’s either step away or chance a heart attack .

I’m not saying I will never watch another Cane game but I can assure you it won’t be this year or maybe next cause being around for my grandchildren is waaaaaay more important than letting some moronic Hurricane coach give me a heart attack by doing something stupid like last night.

I’ll always be a Cane cause it’s in my blood but I have to think about my family and my health and I’m not saying this to be dramatic I’m actually stating facts.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I've learned this aint easy to turn off. I spend less energy and time around it but it's always going to bother me.

I've checked out early the last 3-4 years and I still look at the scoreboard app at least once every Saturday and can feel my blood pressure rise. Even though I have zero expectations it still bothers me.

So now I participate until they **** me off, then I'm back to the race track or fishing on Saturdays.

Advertisement
Guys I’ve been a fan of this program since 1958….been through some bad times and also some good times through those years…after watching Mario’s attempt at being a HC last year and now watching the stupidest decisions time and again cause me undue stress I’m done with this program.

I have cringed every time I’ve had to watch the Flutie play over and over and just as it seems it’s not played every other day Mario pops up with this nonsense for the football world to talk and laugh about for the next decade.

I have 3 lovely granddaughters that I can spend whatever time the good Lord decides I have left here on earth instead of watching an imbecile make decision after decision causing undue strain on my heart.I care so much for this program and have given so much to it over the years but my heart is not as strong as it once was and I’m not about to let an imbecile like Mario Cristobal make me so mad that it leads to a heart attack..

I’m done boys and girls….I have been praying for the last 20 years that I’d see the Canes regain the top spot in the CFB world before my time is up.Well it’s obvious that as long as we haves jacklegs like Mario running things that not happening so I’ll spend my time with my grandchildren.

God Bless all of you going forward cause I feel you’re gonna need his help and I hope somewhere in the next 20-30 years you guys young enough will be able to see that return to glory but I’m afraid I’ll be wherever I’m going long before that happens.

Godspeed brother!

Guys I’ve been a fan of this program since 1958….been through some bad times and also some good times through those years…after watching Mario’s attempt at being a HC last year and now watching the stupidest decisions time and again cause me undue stress I’m done with this program.

I have cringed every time I’ve had to watch the Flutie play over and over and just as it seems it’s not played every other day Mario pops up with this nonsense for the football world to talk and laugh about for the next decade.

I have 3 lovely granddaughters that I can spend whatever time the good Lord decides I have left here on earth instead of watching an imbecile make decision after decision causing undue strain on my heart.I care so much for this program and have given so much to it over the years but my heart is not as strong as it once was and I’m not about to let an imbecile like Mario Cristobal make me so mad that it leads to a heart attack..

I’m done boys and girls….I have been praying for the last 20 years that I’d see the Canes regain the top spot in the CFB world before my time is up.Well it’s obvious that as long as we haves jacklegs like Mario running things that not happening so I’ll spend my time with my grandchildren.

God Bless all of you going forward cause I feel you’re gonna need his help and I hope somewhere in the next 20-30 years you guys young enough will be able to see that return to glory but I’m afraid I’ll be wherever I’m going long before that happens.
Hey Cajuncane, I am in the same boat. I went to most of the 58 straight home wins where out team and fans, no matter what the 4th quarter score knew, some way we would win the game. From that we expect more than what we are getting and it pains us. Remember when they were going to drop football and we went through several inept coaches hoping something good would happen and then Lou Saban came and got us on track for Howard. Mario is getting recruits like Lou Saban did, Howard got us climbing to the top. I am hoping Mario will supply the talent we need for a real football coach. Not sure I'll live long enough to see it but I am not giving up and hope you will hang tough too. God Bless and regard all the wonderful memories we have. Maybe the coaches don't deserve our loyalty but the kids do, all they need is an innovative coach like Howard and JJ that CHANGED the game. Howard with a pro style offense and JJ team speed. Its a shame that Butch left as he truly had us back and then the disaster of Coker. Hang tough my friend the U shall rise again. Saturday hurt, giving up will hurt worse!

Hey Cajuncane, I am in the same boat. I went to most of the 58 straight home wins where out team and fans, no matter what the 4th quarter score knew, some way we would win the game. From that we expect more than what we are getting and it pains us. Remember when they were going to drop football and we went through several inept coaches hoping something good would happen and then Lou Saban came and got us on track for Howard. Mario is getting recruits like Lou Saban did, Howard got us climbing to the top. I am hoping Mario will supply the talent we need for a real football coach. Not sure I'll live long enough to see it but I am not giving up and hope you will hang tough too. God Bless and regard all the wonderful memories we have. Maybe the coaches don't deserve our loyalty but the kids do, all they need is an innovative coach like Howard and JJ that CHANGED the game. Howard with a pro style offense and JJ team speed. Its a shame that Butch left as he truly had us back and then the disaster of Coker. Hang tough my friend the U shall rise again. Saturday hurt, giving up will hurt worse!

Fraggle all the great memories through my many years and the friends I’ve made,things I witnessed and how like you I watched this program when it was about to be dropped and I too was as greatful to Lou Saban as I was to Howard,JJ or Erickson for what he helped this program become but my fear is I won’t ever live to see us back on top because I’m not sure that after Mario loads the cupboard that the Columbus mafia will see his limitations and move on from him.Sadly I think he’s here for as long as he wants to be because of not only his connection to the school as a player but also to people that control the money that would be needed in 4-5 years towards the end of his contract to make the necessary change to a real HC.

My biggest concern right now and why I have to step away is because of how invested I am in the program and how much it pains me to watch the continuous line of HC come through here that have no business being in charge of the program.The one positive Mario brings is his recruiting but will he ever get the roster to the point where it was where a guy like Coker could win a NC because I think that’s what will be necessary to actually have the type of success we as Cane fans wish for with him in charge.

I have 3 stints in and crap like last night where I’m so mad ,so stressed that I have no clue when a heart attack is right around the corner and as much as I love this program I love my grandchildren more and I’m not about to let things so moronic ,so idiotic and stupid as happened last night take one minute of the time I have left away from them.

Will I watch a game again this year? I doubt it.Will I ever again watch a game? Probably but with a much different attitude and mentality as I do now.What I will do is constantly check in on them through here where even if a stupid thing as not kneeling cost us a game again I will be seeing it after the fact where the stress level will be so much less.

Thanks for the post my friend and I hope for both of us old timers and any of the other older guys on here that have been through all the ups and downs we’ve gone through as Cane fans that we will all see the climb back to the top before being called home by the man above.Sadly I don’t see it happening with Mario in charge.

God Bless my Man and Go Canes !!!

Advertisement
Keep watching the canes, Keep watching football. Keep enjoying your precious time left on this earth. The fact that you are still here to watch games and discuss them on this sight is a blessing. Don't let the inadequacies of this program let you see the bigger picture.

You’ve been a fan forever and earned the right to focus on things which make you happy.

I’m here regardless until it’s m carried out in an orange and green box.

You'll be back.

Advertisement
Fraggle all the great memories through my many years and the friends I’ve made,things I witnessed and how like you I watched this program when it was about to be dropped and I too was as greatful to Lou Saban as I was to Howard,JJ or Erickson for what he helped this program become but my fear is I won’t ever live to see us back on top because I’m not sure that after Mario loads the cupboard that the Columbus mafia will see his limitations and move on from him.Sadly I think he’s here for as long as he wants to be because of not only his connection to the school as a player but also to people that control the money that would be needed in 4-5 years towards the end of his contract to make the necessary change to a real HC.

My biggest concern right now and why I have to step away is because of how invested I am in the program and how much it pains me to watch the continuous line of HC come through here that have no business being in charge of the program.The one positive Mario brings is his recruiting but will he ever get the roster to the point where it was where a guy like Coker could win a NC because I think that’s what will be necessary to actually have the type of success we as Cane fans wish for with him in charge.

I have 3 stints in and crap like last night where I’m so mad ,so stressed that I have no clue when a heart attack is right around the corner and as much as I love this program I love my grandchildren more and I’m not about to let things so moronic ,so idiotic and stupid as happened last night take one minute of the time I have left away from them.

Will I watch a game again this year? I doubt it.Will I ever again watch a game? Probably but with a much different attitude and mentality as I do now.What I will do is constantly check in on them through here where even if a stupid thing as not kneeling cost us a game again I will be seeing it after the fact where the stress level will be so much less.

Thanks for the post my friend and I hope for both of us old timers and any of the other older guys on here that have been through all the ups and downs we’ve gone through as Cane fans that we will all see the climb back to the top before being called home by the man above.Sadly I don’t see it happening with Mario in charge.

God Bless my Man and Go Canes !!!
I'm so disgusted with this lost, that I find myself agreeing with you.

Advertisement
Back