65 years..65 years

Cajuncane

Senior
Premium
Guys I’ve been a fan of this program since 1958….been through some bad times and also some good times through those years…after watching Mario’s attempt at being a HC last year and now watching the stupidest decisions time and again cause me undue stress I’m done with this program.

I have cringed every time I’ve had to watch the Flutie play over and over and just as it seems it’s not played every other day Mario pops up with this nonsense for the football world to talk and laugh about for the next decade.

I have 3 lovely granddaughters that I can spend whatever time the good Lord decides I have left here on earth instead of watching an imbecile make decision after decision causing undue strain on my heart.I care so much for this program and have given so much to it over the years but my heart is not as strong as it once was and I’m not about to let an imbecile like Mario Cristobal make me so mad that it leads to a heart attack..

I’m done boys and girls….I have been praying for the last 20 years that I’d see the Canes regain the top spot in the CFB world before my time is up.Well it’s obvious that as long as we haves jacklegs like Mario running things that not happening so I’ll spend my time with my grandchildren.

God Bless all of you going forward cause I feel you’re gonna need his help and I hope somewhere in the next 20-30 years you guys young enough will be able to see that return to glory but I’m afraid I’ll be wherever I’m going long before that happens.

Advertisement
Guys I’ve been a fan of this program since 1958….been through some bad times and also some good times through those years…after watching Mario’s attempt at being a HC last year and now watching the stupidest decisions time and again cause me undue stress I’m done with this program.

I have cringed every time I’ve had to watch the Flutie play over and over and just as it seems it’s not played every other day Mario pops up with this nonsense for the football world to talk and laugh about for the next decade.

I have 3 lovely granddaughters that I can spend whatever time the good Lord decides I have left here on earth instead of watching an imbecile make decision after decision causing undue strain on my heart.I care so much for this program and have given so much to it over the years but my heart is not as strong as it once was and I’m not about to let an imbecile like Mario Cristobal make me so mad that it leads to a heart attack..

I’m done boys and girls….I have been praying for the last 20 years that I’d see the Canes regain the top spot in the CFB world before my time is up.Well it’s obvious that as long as we haves jacklegs like Mario running things that not happening so I’ll spend my time with my grandchildren.

God Bless all of you going forward cause I feel you’re gonna need his help and I hope somewhere in the next 20-30 years you guys young enough will be able to see that return to glory but I’m afraid I’ll be wherever I’m going long before that happens.
Best decision is to walk away from this nonsense. I was at Hail Flutie and the 58 straight. This is garbage.

42 years here, and ready to check out. Something was wrong with everything I saw tonight. I don't want to watch rigged football, and what hurts the most is I felt our team, and coaches, were in on it.

By the way. F those ugly uniforms. We looked like we dressed for our own funeral.

Advertisement
I’m with you OP. Been a fan of this program since I was 8. I’m 31 now and since 2005 it’s been an absolute nightmare. The was one of the worst losses in sports history and I’m walking away from the football program for good. I’d rather spend my Saturdays doing other **** than being stressed for 3 plus hours.

I’ll still cheer for basketball and baseball but I am done with football.

Right there with ya brother, even down to the three granddaughters. Started loving the Canes when my parents drove over from Punta Gorda to watch George Myra play in the 60s. But you can hear the whoosh of recruits exiting after witnessing this most recent catastrophic moment for the program under Mario. I had such high hopes, but you don't see that bad a mistake on Friday nights around Florida.

It was a bad game, my score prediction was 28-22 because of the bye week, GT was embarrassed last week and figured we might be looking ahead. But that ending was a symbolic end for a lot of fans.

Lets Go GIF by The Roku Channel

Advertisement

I've been a fan for 44 years and while I agree this is a low point it's not like we haven't had these in the past. I can fully respect you and your decision as long as you don't come jumping back on if we start winning again. If your going to write something like this be a man and stick to it.

Good luck and stay safe on your future endeavors....

It’s been since 1966 being a Cane for me. I’ll let y’all do the math. I ain’t going there.

Seen LOTS of highs and LOTS of lows over the years. Being a Cane is in my DNA at this point. It’s part of who I am. Even after one of the dumbest decisions I’ve ever seen last night, I’ll continue to be a Cane until I’m swimming with the fishes.

Fair enough, my friend. I feel this.

We had some great times, though. Stood on top of the mountain 5 times. Most aren’t that fortunate.

It’s been since 1966 being a Cane for me. I’ll let y’all do the math. I ain’t going there.

Seen LOTS of highs and LOTS of lows over the years. Being a Cane is in my DNA at this point. It’s part of who I am. Even after one of the dumbest decisions I’ve ever seen last night, I’ll continue to be a Cane until I’m swimming with the fishes.
Swim with the fishes???....Old Mafiosa??

Advertisement

Someone skipped his Military Press.

Enjoy your Life

Don’t watch Saturday

Advertisement
42 years here, and ready to check out. Something was wrong with everything I saw tonight. I don't want to watch rigged football, and what hurts the most is I felt our team, and coaches, were in on it.

By the way. F those ugly uniforms. We looked like we dressed for our own funeral.

I actually felt like it was rigged in the first few drives. Vegas always wins except when Tobacco Road wins.

Right there with ya brother, even down to the three granddaughters. Started loving the Canes when my parents drove over from Punta Gorda to watch George Myra play in the 60s. But you can hear the whoosh of recruits exiting after witnessing this most recent catastrophic moment for the program under Mario. I had such high hopes, but you don't see that bad a mistake on Friday nights around Florida.

It was a bad game, my score prediction was 28-22 because of the bye week, GT was embarrassed last week and figured we might be looking ahead. But that ending was a symbolic end for a lot of fans.

I grew up in Key West so The Mira’s who I knew well were the main reason I became a Cane fan.But over the years there were many Conchs who became Canes.Lived across the street from Harold Allen ( had a crush on his daughter Donna) Bill Trout,Danny Mariscal ( saw him and George Jr at the Hotel before the NC game debacle) Mike Rodriguez,Speedy Neal who my dad coached in youth league and others .
Being a Cane was part of growing up in Key West.

I've been a fan for 44 years and while I agree this is a low point it's not like we haven't had these in the past. I can fully respect you and your decision as long as you don't come jumping back on if we start winning again. If your going to write something like this be a man and stick to it.

Good luck and stay safe on your future endeavors....

Nah man. If we can let others come back after running from the board last year, this guy can come back…

He needs to prioritize his life the way he sees it. Some stand on FIU sidelines against Miami, others play with their grandchildren

Advertisement
Back