#6 Virginia @ #22 Miami (UVA -2.5) 12/20, 8:30PM EST, ACCN/ESPN+

Advertisement
You also don't throw yourself into a guy when he's on the other side of you and you have a clear shot. That's becoming a no call, because it's a bailout.
Yah, but the shooter stayed within his cylinder.

That's whst the referee looks at.

Draw a vertical cylinders around each player. It was clear Wong crossed into the UVA player's cylinder.

Again, if Wong plays it smart and just raises his hands without leaving his feet, then there's no foul call.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Little of both for me. Poor execution mixed with the refs turning it up to 11
I thought they missed a pretty clear over the back against Wong that led to the first And 1 opportunity. Beyond that I don’t think there was anything to egregious from a refereeing standpoint.

Advertisement
Im only guessing, but i suspect Coach L told them to not be "too" intense because the zebras were out for tobacco profit last minutes
Well, you don't want to foul down the stretch and the other team know it so they get aggressive and take the ball to the basket.

Does the selection committee use RPI anymore? I know they use NET. Last year our NET was pretty bad all year. This year it's 61 while our RPI is 26. Either way, we're 12-1, 3-0 and have one more game against a 6-8 Vermont team before all ACC games.

Advertisement
Back