#6 Virginia @ #22 Miami (UVA -2.5) 12/20, 8:30PM EST, ACCN/ESPN+

NSHCane

Freshman
Premium
Huge game tonight! The Canes moved up 3 spots in the rankings this week to 22, and Virginia fell from 2 to 6 after losing to Houston. Also, Nijel Pack is expected to be back for the game after being out with an illness against St. Francis (PA) on Saturday. This is a big opportunity for the Canes to earn some respect, and get a win against one of the best teams in the country. Hopefully, a decent crowd will be in attendance at the Watsco Center to cheer them on. I'll be watching it from here in Nashville. LET'S GO CANES!

Advertisement
Advertisement
We have historically struggled with UVA's style. This is going to be a tough game for us if we let them control the pace. We have to find a way to speed it up.
Was just about to post this. Bennet has L’s number since he’s been here….. but Bennet has had most peoples number

I haven’t watched them this year but I imagine it’s the same old type of Virginia squad. I admire the way they play the game year in and year out but man would I hate playing against them multiple times a year

UVA does an excellent job defending inside the 3-pt arc with the pack line D, but when Houston started hitting 3 point shots, UVA adjusted and really extended their defense out. Like all Tony Bennet teams, UVA is extremely smart, well-coached, and they adjust very well. Where we have the advantage is in athleticism and speed in the open court. Houston exposed them for this.

This is the game that I'd expect Nijel Pack to contribute in a big way if we want a shot at winning. It'll probably be the only time all season that Nijel will have a size advantage since I suspect 5'9 Kihei Clark will be matched up on him. He can't be hesitant to shoot the ball early in the game. We need him to be aggressive.

Last edited:
We have played 2-3 teams with UVA type ball. Obviously not their talent but we shouldnt take a half to get used to what they are doing. Need more than 1-2 guys to have good games. Cant just sit and wait for Wong to take over. If you looked at UVA's stats you would never realize they are who they are...nothing jumps out. They just control the game on both ends and its like death by a 1000 paper cuts.

They also picked up a mid season transfer from Gtown apparently.

Advertisement
I don’t sports bet, but man that O/U of 131 looks like dead money. Hard to imagine both teams not getting past 65.
Idk Miami has a lot of defensive lapses and Miami also is scoring a lot lately. But if the three's aren't dropping for us tonight then it might be a long game.

Advertisement
As a houston alum we only beat UVA because Jarace walker woke up and remembered he was special. Sasser was largely held in check and we’re a much a better defense than our canes. However if you follow the same blue print we have a punchers chance tonight.. need pack to be special

Advertisement
I hate playing UVA and they seem to have our number. I don’t trust the consistency of our offense / shooting and the defense. I hope i‘m wrong but I’m pessimistic on this one. The one positive is it’s at home. That makes me feel a tad less pessimistic.

Also… UVA can put up points. Anything is possible but that O/U line seems really low.
FSU-VA was 62-57 and vs JMU last week 55-50... but if the 3's drop then yeah. I liked the idea of "win-win" $ from bets on VA but with my luck the Canes may fall short by 2 or 3 and i doubt MKlein13 will make me "whole"...

upd; oh im not a bettor... i guess theres a moneyline bet u can do without points. duhhh.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back