#6 Virginia @ #22 Miami (UVA -2.5) 12/20, 8:30PM EST, ACCN/ESPN+

Take Virginia for you gamblers. If they win you win some $$$, if they lose then it's a huge Miami win. Either way it's a win win.
Make sure you specify to take Virginia on the moneyline. If you lay the points and Virginia wins by 2 it's a double **** punch.

Advertisement
Make sure you specify to take Virginia on the moneyline. If you lay the points and Virginia wins by 2 it's a double **** punch.
Weren't they just -2.5? I looked on Draftkings and they are -4 now. Yea I only took them ML.

UVA plays close games with everyone because of their methodical style of play, so it’s hard to gauge just how good or bad they are because even teams they’re clearly head & shoulders better than will play them close in a 2 or 3pt margin type game.

So what that means is, we can actually win if we play smart & put pressure on their Defense by attacking the basket & not allowing them to control the pace of the game; we can’t get into a half court shooting War with them, we need to get out in transition & run as often as possible.

The key to the game will be the Defensive matchups against Jayden Gardner, Khei Clark, & not letting Reece Beekman & Armaan Franklin get hot from 3. If Woog/Beverly can contain Gardner & Ben Joseph can keep Khei Clark from getting too many easy layups at the basket, we can slow down their already slow offense & give ourselves a chance on the other side with smart shot selection.

I think Wong, Miller & Omier will have to play some of their best games thus far, we’ll especially need Omier to tap into his inner Rodman & get some critical rebounds cleaning the boards. For as good as UVA is they are are not a very good rebounding team, so we need to use that to our advantage.

They’re a really good shot blocking team with Kadin Shedrick in the middle, so that may be a challenge for Omier, he’s a legit 6’11/7’0ft but Omier is stronger than him & if he goes straight at him he can neutralize the height advantage by getting him in foul trouble early. Although the likelihood of the refs calling the game in our favor is slim to none lol

Just as long as we continue to play our game, don’t panic & take bad shots, we have a chance, just can’t beat ourselves.

Games like this require your best players to lead. Either Isaiah, Omier or Jordan have to be able to score tonight. Preferably all of them. But somebody on this team has to be able to handle their heat for us to have a chance. Isaiah out played Terquavion Smith. I expect him to show up.

Wooga just had his best game against St Francis so maybe he could have a bigger game tonight. I will be watching him to see how he responds to this type of pressure.

Bensley is another one getting more confident by the game that I'll be watching. His defense was smothering last game.

I think we win.

I'm going tonight. I'm wondering how much if any ticket prices would be higher if VA was still #2? Miami fans are a fickle bunch.

Advertisement
Dont be shocked if they try to make Omier a non factor. Just keep throwing big bodies at him, dont let him get the ball and make him defend a lot more than we would like him to (not that he is bad but foul trouble on him changes our team).

That being said this could be the game where he gets a nice chunk of put back points.

This game W or L could really give us a glimpse of what this teams potential is.

Weren't they just -2.5? I looked on Draftkings and they are -4 now. Yea I only took them ML.
im up in N florida... went to do a ML online bet but not legal. dont use vpns or anything. is there an easy safe online workaround?
(im not on seminole land)

FSU-VA was 62-57 and vs JMU last week 55-50... but if the 3's drop then yeah. I liked the idea of "win-win" $ from bets on VA but with my luck the Canes may fall short by 2 or 3 and i doubt MKlein13 will make me "whole"...

upd; oh im not a bettor... i guess theres a moneyline bet u can do without points. duhhh.

Although Kenpom has no value as an overall team ranking metric… offensive and defensive efficiency statistics are definitely relevant stats for game analysis.

UVA is 11th in adjusted offensive efficiency and we are 12th.

Sure, if we have a bad night UVA could hold us under 60… but I think we score 65-70 on them on an “average” night. We may need more than that to win, but not to beat the over.

Hoping for a 77-72 Miami type night.

im up in N florida... went to do a ML online bet but not legal. dont use vpns or anything. is there an easy safe online workaround?
I live in Chicago but when I was in Fort Lauderdale mid October I couldn't use DraftKings at all which sucked. Had to go through someone at work who has DraftKings to place my bets.

Advertisement
IYKYK
20221220_165955.jpg

This Miami team might just have that special something that will rise to the heights you have to go to against this type of team we are playing. Don’t like that they lost to Houston but it shows they can they are beatable.

As a houston alum we only beat UVA because Jarace walker woke up and remembered he was special. Sasser was largely held in check and we’re a much a better defense than our canes. However if you follow the same blue print we have a punchers chance tonight.. need pack to be special
Been waiting all season for him to break out. Tonight would be good timing.

Advertisement
Dont be shocked if they try to make Omier a non factor. Just keep throwing big bodies at him, dont let him get the ball and make him defend a lot more than we would like him to (not that he is bad but foul trouble on him changes our team).

That being said this could be the game where he gets a nice chunk of put back points.

This game W or L could really give us a glimpse of what this teams potential is.
Why the poll voters were/are still a bit skeptical of us. They're taking a wait and see look at tonight as well.

Next really big game in terms of national interest is a month away (Duke).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back