6 spots left who takes them

If there was ever a fluid situation this is it, but in a good way. Like I said the staff doesn’t even know the finish. A few unknowns.

I always worry about this. There are kids who really want in that grow disillusioned. I'm not sure if any of the recruits we're after belong to that bucket. But I personally don't think you string a Chase Smith along waiting for a James Williams. You take the former and make room for the later. Same with Markevious Brown vs. Marshall.

Again, if none of the recruits care, then that's a win/win for everyone. But we've lost a few in the past that we waited on too long (Fenton and Samuel come to mind, but there were lots others). And I'm not sure I trust our coaches enough yet to believe they won't ***** up a few of these situations.

Advertisement
With the addition of Williams Looks like your board has changed who do you have now.
I would go
Taylor
Qb
Cb
OL
Best ATH Out of the bunch

I wouldn’t expect at this current moment. Unless maybe he never dc’s because LSU or UF didn’t offer and Miami misses on Mason. If there’s spots they maybe do, I just would bet against it , at least right now . They’ve supposedly moved on.
Mason, Is UM really in it.

Advertisement
imo it's not the worst year to not take a QB. if the high school season gets pushed back and lots of top kids skip the season the entire QB class will be stunted developmentally... i also don't think d'eriq king will go to the NFL if the college season gets pushed back. he needs to put more QB reps on tape after sitting out last season. the longer it drags out the more development TVD gets in the system, and post-d'eriq we'd be one of the most attractive teams on the transfer market. i still hope we get garcia, but just saying.

I always worry about this. There are kids who really want in that grow disillusioned. I'm not sure if any of the recruits we're after belong to that bucket. But I personally don't think you string a Chase Smith along waiting for a James Williams. You take the former and make room for the later. Same with Markevious Brown vs. Marshall.

Again, if none of the recruits care, then that's a win/win for everyone. But we've lost a few in the past that we waited on too long (Fenton and Samuel come to mind, but there were lots others). And I'm not sure I trust our coaches enough yet to believe they won't ***** up a few of these situations.

That didn't age very well, lol. ... I still think Chase Smith is a take, even with Williams. But with spots filling fast, I understand why he'll have to hold off for now.

Advertisement
imo it's not the worst year to not take a QB. if the high school season gets pushed back and lots of top kids skip the season the entire QB class will be stunted developmentally... i also don't think d'eriq king will go to the NFL if the college season gets pushed back. he needs to put more QB reps on tape after sitting out last season. the longer it drags out the more development TVD gets in the system, and post-d'eriq we'd be one of the most attractive teams on the transfer market. i still hope we get garcia, but just saying.

And we still likely have Perry for the 2021 season if TVD isn't fully ready yet. I think with our recruiting momentum we could get a top tier QB in the 2022 class and if TVD still isn't the guy for 2022 we can work some portal magic.

Leonard Taylor
Brashard Smith
Thomas Davis
Yulkeith Brown
Chase Smith
Cornerback - I'd lean Markevious Brown, but idk.

No QB this year and we go portal diving in the off-season, but become a destination because D'Eriq King has a good season.

Leonard Taylor
Brashard Smith
Amari Daniels
Chase Smith-ATH
Markevious Brown-cb
Duce Chestnut-cb

I pass on QB if not Garcia. Go into the Portal for a transfer after signing day. I would take Chase Smith over Thomas Davis. I 'd like to get into Valdosta and Davis can play...but Smith athleticism and being a legacy is toooo much to pass. Add to it SOUTH FLORIDA s loaded with DE's next class, want that chart looking good for them.

Want 2 cbs....because i actually like Curtis at WR and not cb. Think we done at wr recruiting as well. (Alexisw?) Im a fan of Duce or Markevious as i thnk both wont need a shirt and i believe Curtis would.

-Amari Daniels brought in for optics. I believe him and Franklin would be the top 2 backs in Dade/Broward 2 years in a row. Franklin we will have to recruit till the end anyways.

Advertisement
if I am wrong, I'm happy to eat as much crow as possible but I just don't see James Williams and Jason Marshall as Canes. UGA and Bama aint gonna let that happen $$$$$

If we finish with the below, this is a GRAND SLAM class and would lead us to a future ACC Title and Playoff birth. This is assuming everyone in the class sticks.
QB - Garcia or Milroe is the dream scenario but even a kid like Braylon Braxton would be a good get
RB/WR - Brashard Smith
OT - Tristan Leigh is obviously the dream scenario but maybe we could eventually flip Eli Sutton or a possible Grad Transfer later on. Just need another solid OT prospect.
DT - Leonard Taylor
CB - Markevious Brown
ATH - Chase Smith
here to eat my incredible serving of crow!! It's NEVER tasted soooo good

flat out A++ recruiting job by Diaz and the staff

Advertisement
We should not pass on any 'elite level' player in the 2021 class. Poach from the 2022 class if necessary...

Strike while the **** iron is HOT!

Leonard Taylor
Brashard Smith
Amari Daniels
Chase Smith-ATH
Markevious Brown-cb
Duce Chestnut-cb

I pass on QB if not Garcia. Go into the Portal for a transfer after signing day. I would take Chase Smith over Thomas Davis. I 'd like to get into Valdosta and Davis can play...but Smith athleticism and being a legacy is toooo much to pass. Add to it SOUTH FLORIDA s loaded with DE's next class, want that chart looking good for them.

Want 2 cbs....because i actually like Curtis at WR and not cb. Think we done at wr recruiting as well. (Alexisw?) Im a fan of Duce or Markevious as i thnk both wont need a shirt and i believe Curtis would.

-Amari Daniels brought in for optics. I believe him and Franklin would be the top 2 backs in Dade/Broward 2 years in a row. Franklin we will have to recruit till the end anyways.

I would definitely want in on Amari Daniels and Duce Chestnut, I just have no idea how you fit them in. Numbers always figure themselves out, I guess...it wouldn't shock me if we took 25 by Signing Day 2, and figure out how to roll 2 over considering our momentum on the trail right now. You don't want to not take some kids right now.

You think the smoke with Tyreak Sapp is real?

I would definitely want in on Amari Daniels and Duce Chestnut, I just have no idea how you fit them in. Numbers always figure themselves out, I guess...it wouldn't shock me if we took 25 by Signing Day 2, and figure out how to roll 2 over considering our momentum on the trail right now. You don't want to not take some kids right now.

You think the smoke with Tyreak Sapp is real?
It's reel.

Advertisement
Back