6 play 4 minute drive, down 8 with 7 minutes left

Advertisement
They lost to App St bro. App St lost to UNC at home and needed a Hail Mary to beat Troy.

Guess App St has more talent
The transitive property only works in math, doesn't work anywhere else. If Miami beats UNC, who beat Appy State, who beat TAMU, does that mean our loss to TAMU magically becomes a win? Of course not, because there are so many moving parts in any game.

Best coaching performance in years yields 9 pts…ye
That’s easily the best coaching performance we’ve had in years. We had a chance to win on the final possession. The D played lights out. The game plan was sound. We had a balanced offense and threw the ball more than I anticipated we would. We dropped a lot of balls and missed two easy field goals. I can’t ask for more with this roster away in front of 100,000 loud fanatics. Hate all you want, but that last dropped pass wasn’t on the staff. If we tie it, they’re remembered for grace under pressure. We won the night. If you don’t believe so, you have zero perspective and missed the last twenty years. The staff did a phenomenal job.
i couldn’t agree more.

Advertisement
They‘re saying minimum but I see no way with his injury. Personally i don’t see the risk for a couple games.
This. I’ve been hearing 8/10 weeks and I can’t see them risking it. Considering the season will almost be over. That having been said, we wouldn’t be the first staff to risk a kids long term health by being complicit.

Lol "we won the night"

Loser talk. I remember saying the same thing leaving Gainesville in 2008.
@Boarcane is my guy. The last time I felt we won the night on a loss was when Kyle Wright went up to FSU in his first start and I thought we found our future QB.

I certainly don’t feel we won the night last night. I agree that it’s the best coaches version of the Canes I have seen in a while especially the atmosphere/crowd of over 100k people.

A lot of good things and some bad but we have time to clean it up before we play a road game again vs a quality opponent and hopefully it gets rectified by the time we play Clemson and we win a lot of games in between now and then.

Advertisement
@Boarcane is my guy. The last time I felt we won the night on a loss was when Kyle Wright went up to FSU in his first start and I thought we found our future QB.

I certainly don’t feel we won the night last night. I agree that it’s the best coaches version of the Canes I have seen in a while especially the atmosphere/crowd of over 100k people.

A lot of good things and some bad but we have time to clean it up before we play a road game again vs a quality opponent and hopefully it gets rectified by the time we play Clemson and we win a lot of games in between now and then.
To your point, we’ll know if we did by how we respond to adversity in the future. We all hope this game is one we’ll be able to look back at years from now as a step forward. I can tell you the kids and coaches are viewing it that way this morning. We’ll win those same type moments later in the season. I have a ton of faith in this staff.

We outgained them but situational football lost us the game. Red zone, special teams. Then simple fundamentals like catching a punt and horribly timed penalties on our last drives

Wow a lot of Texas A&M overhyping going on here. Team was 8-4 last year. Saw their record before us versus G5 schools was like below 500 or something in last 8 games. Lost to App State. Jumbo is an absolute corch. Hyping them up is definitely putting on some nice orange and green shades on.

Our offense needs to improve. Our scheme should be tweaked to help the QB and WRs. We dont have the players yet to run the final product.

Anybody asking to fire Mario or Gattis this early is a fool. I haven't seen a single person post that though.

Guess we will see at the end of the year how Texas A&M end. But they struggled against Sam Houston relatively speaking and lost to App State, and honestly looked bad yesterday. I dont think they are a good team at all. Nice recruiting classes tho, sure.
The rankings reflect that. They didn’t move up much after beating us and we dropped a ton losing to them. That’s a game we should’ve won 31-10.

That game was a showcase for Miami, they know a2m sux. Did you hear how sad the commentators where

Advertisement
That’s easily the best coaching performance we’ve had in years. We had a chance to win on the final possession. The D played lights out. The game plan was sound. We had a balanced offense and threw the ball more than I anticipated we would. We dropped a lot of balls and missed two easy field goals. I can’t ask for more with this roster away in front of 100,000 loud fanatics. Hate all you want, but that last dropped pass wasn’t on the staff. If we tie it, they’re remembered for grace under pressure. We won the night. If you don’t believe so, you have zero perspective and missed the last twenty years. The staff did a phenomenal job.
I think the staff has done a great job of getting our guys playing soundly. The slow play style is ideal in many cases.

This is a 8/9 win team this year and could be really good in a year or two. Our receivers suck tho.

I don’t think Gattis has much of a pass game designed but whatever. If does what he should, he’s gone in a year to HC a mid tier team.

I think the staff has done a great job of getting our guys playing soundly. The slow play style is ideal in many cases.

This is a 8/9 win team this year and could be really good in a year or two. Our receivers suck tho.

I don’t think Gattis has much of a pass game designed but whatever. If does what he should, he’s gone in a year to HC a mid tier team.
Well said. I think the passing game would have looked better with a gunslinger under center fwiw. We threw the ball 41 times and had almost as many drops. The future is looking good, finally

Advertisement
The loser talk is believing that there’s a magic flip to be switched on and off. We played a team with an incredibly competent staff and a roster with six consecutive top five recruiting classes. I wasn’t going into it think we’d win. I wanted to see mistake free football and four quarters of fight from our team. The loser mentality is on those that set unrealistic expectations and can’t emotionally balance reality and dreams. You keep buying lottery tickets and I’ll keep crushing it daily. We’ll see who’s plan works best. Great job by the team and staff last night.
no one has patience anymore. One major thing we know we messed up in the portal was WR. Not going to belabor the extensive effort put in there but we fell short. Manny’s staff recruited poorly, evaluated poorly and developed even more poorly. Unfortunately WR was one of the worst spots which is evident bc Harley (Richt recruit IIRC) and Rambo (a transfer) we’re our best receivers. The good news is guys won’t get worse as5)4 season progresses. They will improve, especially Jacolby George, cat can play.

Just because one’s expectations going in were that we may lose, or that this was a rebuilding year, or that we would be an 8 win team, does not change that the Texas A&M team we played LAST NIGHT was not better than us and we should have won the game!

That’s why people are irked. We lost a winnable game doing the same things we’ve done in the past and/or feared would surface with the new HC and OC…

No one is calling for firings. Or giving up. The coaches and players did not meet the standard Mario is trying to reset and people are talking about it here.
No. People are not talking about it…They are whining about it.
Nbc Complaining GIF by Sunnyside

They got the ball back at close to mid-field with 1:18 left in the game.

For a competent offense, that’s plenty of time.
Guys we got the ball back guys so that absolves the ridiculousness of milking the clock while down late in the 4th. In that situation you need to do everything possible to maximize your chances. We give up a first down and we don't get the ball back. Whereas if we had gone hurry up giving up the first down doesn't end the game. You play it the way we did enough times you will get burnt giving up a 1st down.

Not to mention we wouldn't have had to be in a Chinese fire drill on 4th down if we had gotten thr ball back with 2-3 minutes left instead of 1 minute

Advertisement
Back