6-1 Miami vs Big 10

We dodged several bullets. But this isn't a race to the bottom, but a race to the top. No one should be happy Manny is better than other failures.

The way Manny crosses the chasm to going from a potentially good head coach to a proven good head coach is being willing to trade up wherever he can, starting with his staff. He did that with Richt's offensive staff, then promptly turned around and fired Enos and his crew. Good for him. Now make the even harder move of trading up on the defensive side with a proven DC and pulling himself out of micromanaging that DC. Then I'll buy into #TNM.

Advertisement
These conference only schedules are exposing a lot of coaches/teams in both the BIG and SEC and **** BIG 12 also. Now that these teams/coaches aren’t getting 3 cupcake games to pass their win totals and get their players mini bye weeks by playing weak out of conference games, they can’t hang.

in a weird year like this, you got to appreciate each win even when it’s ugly and we all think we suck. Practices are derailed, no spring or summer camp for most teams, it’s a wild year.
This is a very good point that is lost on the Polls.

Those 3 cupcake wins always valuts these teams into the top ten in every Poll. Then when they lose to another B1G team they say it is a "Good" loss to a tough school. This has been happening with the SEC and B1G for years.

This year we can all see these ranked teams in those two conferences lose real fast and whithout those cupcakes wins their records don't look so good.

So let’s make ourselves feel better Cause other schools are having bad years? Lol

And we’re having a good year. I know the Cane haters hate to accept that. But at this point in time, we are having a good year and many Big 10 teams paying big bucks for their coaches are having terrible years..

There is no way some of y’all are really Miami fans. No way in ****.

Advertisement
And we’re having a good year. I know the Cane haters hate to accept that. But at this point in time, we are having a good year and many Big 10 teams paying big bucks for their coaches are having terrible years..

There is no way some of y’all are really Miami fans. No way in ****.
And I don’t get why Miami fans like u give a crap about anything outside our program. So you made a irrelavant point about the Big 10. Congrats.

Putting other teams down to raise us up is a little sad. If this type of season continues over the next few years then this thread may be on to something and maybe we’re finally officially turning it around and we can actually laugh at them throwing money away on staffs relative to performance.

Otherwise....

In the 2010s the acc has won 42% of its games against the big ten. In more ‘modern’ times if you look at since 2017 the acc is 4/21 against the big ten. That is horrific. Go back to 2014? 17/40 due to one aberration season relative to the past decade. Overall it is a conference that has better middle tier teams than the ACC. It is overrated with respect to what? It is not ohio state and everyone else only like this has been Clemson and everyone else only in the past 5 years.

All these performances tell me this year is that the pandemic and D’eriq King effects are certainly real. We are winning numerous close games against crap teams we normally wouldn’t. We should also win out the rest of our games. Sandusky State, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota recently, are underperforming but some other teams are looking pretty good as well.

You can still be happy that the team is winning but have some degree of context when doing so. They aren’t mutually exclusive for ‘real’ fans. But ignoring the effects of King and the pandemic in the face of obvious trends makes no sense.

These conference only schedules are exposing a lot of coaches/teams in both the BIG and SEC and **** BIG 12 also. Now that these teams/coaches aren’t getting 3 cupcake games to pass their win totals and get their players mini bye weeks by playing weak out of conference games, they can’t hang.

in a weird year like this, you got to appreciate each win even when it’s ugly and we all think we suck. Practices are derailed, no spring or summer camp for most teams, it’s a wild year.

How about the ACC? They currently have a non ACC football team leading the conference. That’s not a good look either.

Advertisement
Every time I hear anything BIG 10 , I flash back to BO head coach MICH at half time telling the world at half time THIS IS MICH FOOTBALL leading the Canes.

Then watch it slip away minutes left Carlos Huerta FG @OriginalCanesCanesCanes ( toughest poster I ever battled ) remember brother?

I was just a pup but that was a great game I remember it

Advertisement
Back