Interview with Oakleaf's Dana Arthur (D. Owens)

U

User-4525

I was privileged to catch up with Dana Arthur, the defensive line coach at Oakleaf High School. Dana Arthur is also the strength coordinator of the team. Arthur played at the NAIA school, Belhaven University in Jackson, MS.

HG: This Oakleaf team is young this year, but they are still trying to make a run at winning their district. How is your season going so far, and tell us a little bit the composition of your team.

DA: Right now we are 2-3. We got a ton high caliber seniors. Three...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Very interesting write-up.

One consistent you hear with Owens is that he is a great kid. Combine that with his measurables, and he is a prototypical Golden recruit.

Very interesting write-up.

One consistent you hear with Owens is that he is a great kid. Combine that with his measurables, and he is a prototypical Golden recruit.

It's as if Golden went into the WTH lab and produced D. Owens. Very similar reports to Figatron, character wise.

Advertisement
Owens keeps impressing me more and more not just with the player but the person he is becoming. One more thing HG I thought Owens might EE do you remember if he will or at least will try?

Owens keeps impressing me more and more not just with the player but the person he is becoming. One more thing HG I thought Owens might EE do you remember if he will or at least will try?

He still is an EE. When I said January in the interview, coach arthur did not correct me.

Owens is hands down my favorite commit in this class. His scary combination of size, strength, and speed will allow him to contribute from day one. With him being a EE, I can see him having the same type of spring and season that Fig is having. This kid is special, he could be 6-4 240 as a true freshman WOW!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great write up. Really like this kid. ****, I love this LB class. Like the fact that Owens was a safety. We use to move safeties forward to LB a lot--like Ray. He looks like he will respond well to Goldenization and S&C.

Hope we look hard at the kid who is related to the Blades brother and Jackson. That is good blood. Bennie might actually had been the best safety ever at THE U. I know, Ed and Shawn, but anyone old enough to remember Bennie knows what I mean.

Advertisement
Great write up. Really like this kid. ****, I love this LB class. Like the fact that Owens was a safety. We use to move safeties forward to LB a lot--like Ray. He looks like he will respond well to Goldenization and S&C.

Hope we look hard at the kid who is related to the Blades brother and Jackson. That is good blood. Bennie might actually had been the best safety ever at THE U. I know, Ed and Shawn, but anyone old enough to remember Bennie knows what I mean.

Him (J.J. Johnson) and Shaq Quarterman will be 4* type kids

Advertisement
Back