• Could play WR, S, or OLB with his athleticism and 6-2 210 lb frame
  • Gray may have to go the prep school or juco route

-----

2015 S Calvin Brewton
  • Brewton has FSU and UF offers per Roland Smith
  • Won the DB MVP at a Miami camp but is still waiting for a Miami offer

-----

Dalvin Cook
  • Roland Smith says he takes calls from Miami, FSU, USC, Texas, and Alabama regarding Cook
  • Smith believes Cook will take OVs to these schools in January
  • Cook says he'll take OVs to USC and Alabama in the fall
  • Cook's top 3 in order: Florida, USC, Texas
  • Miami and Louisville continue to recruit Cook as well
  • Was in the ears of Anthony Moten and Chris Lammons about Florida over the weekend

-----

Joseph Yearby
  • Yearby was considering a transfer to Fairfax Allendale in SC with his mom but decided to remain in S FL
  • Florida, USC, and USF continue to recruit him
  • Planning on OVs during the season to USF, USC, and Florida
  • Roland Smith says Yearby is solid to Miami
  • Smith says Yearby wants to take visits to make sure he made the right decision and see other situations

-----

Anthony Moten
  • Considering South Carolina, Miami, FSU, Michigan St., and Notre Dame
  • No favorites or leaders
  • South Carolina appears to be in great shape, but many feel he'll stay closer to home in Miami
  • This has developed into a South Carolina/Miami battle
  • Moten will be at the Miami/Florida game
  • Coach Rocco Casullo said he plans to meet with Moten's parents soon and hopes to have a commitment from Moten as soon as possible

-----

Madre London
  • Top 3 of Michigan St., Nebraska, and Wisconsin

-----

2015 WR Devante Peete
  • Has verbals from Alabama, Florida, Miami, Ohio St., and Purdue
  • Casullo says Peete is really coming along

-----

Ryan Crozier
  • The STA staff feels Crozier is the biggest steal right now
  • Has an offer from Samford and is being evaluated by GaTech, Arkansas, and Boise St.

-----

Ravian Pierce
  • Top 3 of FSU, Alabama, Arkansas
  • Only Arkansas is actively recruiting him out of his top 3 schools

-----

Chris Lammons
  • Tried to commit to South Carolina on 25 July but there was no room
  • Now that there's room, many expect him to commit to South Carolina today
  • Florida and Tennesse are potential landing spots as well

-----

Treon Harris
  • Solid to FSU
  • Only an offer from Oregon could sway him

-----

2016 RB Mark Walton
  • Has verbals from FSU, Miami, and WVU
  • Will be the next national recruit for BTW

-----

2015 RB Jordan Scarlett
  • FSU is his favorite
  • Miami, Florida, and UCF round out his top 4
  • Scarlett is a heavy in-state lean

-----

2015 CB Tyrek Cole
  • Has high interest in South Carolina, Clemson, Miami, Florida, FSU, Tennessee, and Notre Dame
  • South Carolina, UCLA, Florida, and Notre Dame are recruiting him the hardest right now

-----

2015 S Kendrell McFadden
  • Plans on visiting Miami, LSU, and FSU for games this fall

-----

2015 DE Jason Stowbridge
  • Brandon Powell's teammate at Deerfield Beach
  • Stowbridge is 6-4 240, has huge hands and feet for his age, and a great frame
  • Has a verbal from Marshall
  • The big 3 are showing early interest
  • Stowbridge is big on Florida and Miami early on

SOURCE

Advertisement
So we are chasing around a strong FSU lean in Patrick, while ignoring the kid in our backyard who now has FSU out front becsuse of it. Any reason why we aren't recruiting both Patrick and Scarlett? He is obviously interested since we are in his top 4, while barely speaking to him. You can only slow play kids for so long.

the cook news confirms what i've been saying for a while...dude loves usc and if he flipped thats where i'd expect him to end up. he and kiffin are tight. i can't explain it, but recruits love kiffin.

So we are chasing around a strong FSU lean in Patrick, while ignoring the kid in our backyard who now has FSU out front becsuse of it. Any reason why we aren't recruiting both Patrick and Scarlett? He is obviously interested since we are in his top 4, while barely speaking to him. You can only slow play kids for so long.

I don't think Golden really likes U-School kids. No clue why. Maybe a sense of entitlement problem?

Last edited:
the cook news confirms what i've been saying for a while...dude loves usc and if he flipped thats where i'd expect him to end up. he and kiffin are tight. i can't explain it, but recruits love kiffin.

Also sounds like he is trolling the Miami media and telling them whatever they want to hear.

Advertisement

I don't think Golden likes U-School kids. No clue why. Maybe a sense of entitlement problem?

Scarlett has a Miami offer and has visited at least 4 times already.

2016 Sam Bruce has a verbal from Miami as well.

I don't think Golden likes U-School kids. No clue why. Maybe a sense of entitlement problem?

Just because he's visited a ton of times doesn't mean he's being heavily recruited.

Man somebody sum up what Nigel bethel and other recruits were saying at the bbq please

No one really knows how hard we are recruiting anyone since the staff can't talk about it.

Like Killa said Scarlett has an offer and has been to Miami multiple times.

Advertisement

Just because he's visited a ton of times doesn't mean he's being heavily recruited.

It doesn't mean he's not either.

DB Causey has an offer as well

The staff must be doing enough to keep Miami in his top group.

Also sounds like he is trolling the Miami media and telling them whatever they want to hear.

possibly...a lot of these kids are that way. that's why you have to take a good bit of it with a grain of salt. i've been saying for months i didn't expect cook to stay at uf and if he did he'd likely go to usc.

Advertisement

The staff must be doing enough to keep Miami in his top group.

I hope so. Better than Patrick, imo.

know lots of people here hate on University School and rightfully so sometimes, but we gotta mend our relationship with that school cause they got some studs and will continue to

Advertisement
know lots of people here hate on University School and rightfully so sometimes, but we gotta mend our relationship with that school cause they got some studs and will continue to

They have the second largest recruiting budget in South Florida...college or HS.

there is no way you can not recruit a kid because of the school that he goes too unless you and the coach really don't see eye to eye

Each player and their recruitment is a different situation

Advertisement
Back