5 young players that really impressed.....

Add Armbrister to your list.

I swear there was a poster or two telling everyone to watch out for this kid this year......:newman:

If Armbrister develops into a player, Barrow has to be one of the best LB coaches for having a great eye for talented LBs and developing them. Perryman was a freshman All-American, Eddie Johnson was on at least one list for freshman All-Americans, and Figueroa played great last night.

Advertisement
Gus Edwards, with an offseason program under his belt, will be a beast. Exactly what we need to compliment Duke and Yearby(next year).

Gus had a burst, he looks like we can be a special back for us. He will definitely be 2nd on the depth chart next year.

ambrister did step up. i thought figs and burns were impressive along with aqm. i felt like i seen #90 (kamalu) alot.

i felt like dallas crawford is a bit like craig cooper. a whole like of shuffling and juking to gain 2 yards.

I swear there was a poster or two telling everyone to watch out for this kid this year......:newman:

If Armbrister develops into a player, Barrow has to be one of the best LB coaches for having a great eye for talented LBs and developing them. Perryman was a freshman All-American, Eddie Johnson was on at least one list for freshman All-Americans, and Figueroa played great last night.

Donofrio found him via a great tip from Armbrister's high school coach. Good story.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/16/2953769/miami-hurricanes-thurston-armbrister.html

Advertisement

Donofrio found him via a great tip from Armbrister's high school coach. Good story.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/16/2953769/miami-hurricanes-thurston-armbrister.html

So he really is named after the Gilligan's Island character? Ain't that some ****.

Artie burns played well too

I know it was FAU, but that's how you cover a WR.

666.jpg

Advertisement

FAU or not, we didn't have a Corner with that ability earlier in the game. I think (and have thought) he's the most talented Corner on the team. They're going to have a really hard time keeping him off the field. If we're going to man up on the outside, he's going to get in there even quicker.

Was just blanketing his dude. Kid had no chance to catch the ball. He was a terror on ST's as well. Kid looks to be special.

Advertisement
What about next season depth at corner and safety??? Does Gunter move to S

CB
Howard
Burns
Crawford
Dortch
Elder
Lewis III

S
Bush
Jenkins
Gunter
Carter

Hope???

What about next season depth at corner and safety??? Does Gunter move to S

CB
Howard
Burns
Crawford
Dortch
Elder
Lewis III

S
Bush
Jenkins
Gunter
Carter

Hope???

Gunter is a CB all the way, has never taken a snap at S.

Coley impressed? WTF game were you watching? Dude choked under the lights. Need him to grow up fast.

Advertisement
Burns is the real deal.. I didnt want the kid at first but after watching his senior highlights I was like damnn... total turn around from his jr year...

FAU or not, we didn't have a Corner with that ability earlier in the game. I think (and have thought) he's the most talented Corner on the team. They're going to have a really hard time keeping him off the field. If we're going to man up on the outside, he's going to get in there even quicker.

What about playing Burns as the nickel back? There are two thoughts of interest here. First, when coach D goes nickel package, Burns could line up as the boundary corner in the 4-3 under front and strictly play as a man to man shut down corner, or match up in man when playing quarter coverage. If he is the goods, that would allow the secondary to roll coverage to the field. The big question about this alignment is where does Gunter play as he seems to be a boundary corner too. Secondly, they could keep both Gunter/Howard outside and let Burns handle the slot. Burns' athleticism and coverage ability would be a welcomed addition here since most high percentage throws occur in the middle of the field to the number two receiver. Again, man him up on number two and take away that immediate threat.

A nickel secondary consisting of Howard, Gunter, Burns, Rodgers and Bush would be very interesting because all these guys have coverage ability. Actually, I would play Bush as the deep safety because he has much better instincts and range than Rodgers. Rodgers is more effective closer to the line of scrimmage, but he does have the ability to cover in tight quarters.

Advertisement
Back